On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
How to install CentOs 6.3 on Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation
CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux kernel. It is derived entirely
from theRed Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution.
CentOS stands for Community enterprise Operating System.
Details on CentOS Version 6.x (Source: Wikipedia)
Download CentOS Version 6.x
Download 32bit or 64 bit version based on your system configuration.
http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/6/isos/x86_64/ or http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/6/isos/i3
VMware Workstation provides a seamless way to access all of the virtual machines you need,
regardless of where they are running.
Download Workstation Trial
Download VMware Workstation 7.0 –
Create Virtual Machine
New Virtual Machine with Typical Configuration in VMware Workstation 7.1
Select Installer Disc Image File (ISO) for CentOS 6.3 – VMware Workstation 7.1
Installation Information for CentOS 6.3 – VMware Workstation 7.1
Name and Location of New CentOS 6.3 Virtual Machine – VMware Workstation
Specify Disk Capacity for CentOS 6.3 Virtual Machine – VMware Workstation 7.1
Configuration Summary for CentOS 6.3 Virtual Machine – VMware Workstation 7.1
Formatting Disk for CentOS 6.3 Virtual Machine – VMware Workstation 7.1
CentOS 6.3 installation in VMware Workstation 7.1
CentOS 6.3 Login in VMware Workstation 7.1
CentOS 6.3 Desktop in VMware Workstation 7.1
CentOS 6.3 Step by Step Graphical Installation Guide
Boot Computer with CentOS 6.3 OS Installation CD/DVD.
1. Select Install or Upgrade existing system options.
Select Install or Upgrade
2. Choose skip media test as it may take long time to check media.
Skip CentOS 6.3 Media Test
3. CentOS 6.3 Welcome Screen press Next.
CentOS 6.3 Welcome Screen
4. Language Selection.
CentOS 6.3 Language Selection
5. Select appropriate Keyboard.
CentOS 6.3 Keyboard Selection
6. Select Basic Storage Device if your hard drive is attached locally.
CentOS 6.3 Storage Device Selection
7. You may get Storage Device warning, you can click Yes, discard any data button toContinue.
CentOS 6.3 Storage Device Warning
8. Give a Hostname to the server and click on Configure Network button if you want to
configure network while installation.
CentOS 6.3 Hostname and Network Setup
9. Click Wired tab and click on Add button.
CentOS 6.3 Network Setup
10. Select Connect Automatically, go to ipv4 settings tab and select Method and
on Add tab
Address, Netmask,Gateway and DNS Server. Here I’m using IP Address 192.168.1.6 and DNS
Server is 22.214.171.124 for demo. This IP Address may vary in your environment.
CentOS 6.3 Network Configuration
11. Select Time Zone.
CentOS 6.3 Set Timezone
12. Give a root password.
CentOS 6.3 root Password
13. Select appropriate partitioning as per your requirement.
CentOS 6.3 Partition Selection
14. Verify filesystem. Here, you can edit filesystemIf you want.
CentOS 6.3 Partition Verify
15. Disk Format Warning, click on Format.
CentOS 6.3 Disk Format
16. Select Write Changes to disk.
CentOS 6.3 Disk Changes
17. Hard Drive is Formatting.
CentOS 6.3 Disk Formatting
18. Here, you can give Boot loader Password for better security.
CentOS 6.3 Boot Loader Password
19. Select the applications you want to install, you can choose Customize now and click Next.
CentOS 6.3 Package Selection
20. Select the applications you want to install and click Next.
CentOS 6.3 Packages Selection
21. Installation started, this may take several minutes as per selection of packages.