University Of Central Punjab Lahore
Introduction To Smartphones
The term "Smartphone" appear in 1997.
Use mobile based OS.
Android, IOS, Windows etc.
Allow third party apps.
hold a lot more memory
Wi-Fi, S beam, NFC , Wi-Fi direct etc.
• Nokia was established in
• Nokia owns a company
named Nokia Solutions
and Networks, which
network equipment and
• The mobile era begins in 1981.
• However, over the past five years its market share
declined as a result of the growing use of touch
screen smart phones vendors principally the iPhone,
by Apple, and devices running on Android,
an operating system created by Google in which Nokia
did not take enough advantage of.
NOKIA AND MICROSOFT
• In 2011
• Nokia announces it is joining
forces with Microsoft to
strengthen its position in
Nokia smartphones adopt
the Windows Phone
operating system and
establish an alternative
ecosystem to rivals iOS and
• Later Microsoft buy Nokia's
phone business in a $7.2
billion bid for its
• Nokia 2013 flagship is
• Nokia Lumia 1020 has a
and the best camera
phone to date that is
ultimately bogged down
by its OS.
• 41-MP camera.
• Introduce moveable
• Nokia was the world's largest vendor of mobile
phones from 1998 to 2012.
• By 2012, it was the world's second-largest mobile
phone maker in terms of unit sales (after
Samsung), with a global market share of 18.0% in
the fourth quarter of that year.
• Nokia is a public limited-liability company listed on
the Helsinki Stock Exchange and New York Stock
• It is the world's 274th-largest company measured
by 2013 revenues according to the Fortune Global
• HTC is undeniably the best
smart-phone of this late
generation. This fact does
not come as a surprise
though because HTC has
always been known to
produce some of the most
competitive phones in the
market for a long time now.
• HTC is therefore the most
advised for when looking
for the best smart-phone to
• HTC starting its operation in 1997, HTC has made a
name for itself in the global market and is one of the
fastest growing in the field of mobile communication.
• HTC Founded by Cher Wang, HT Cho and Peter Chou
• it has started marketing its products under its own
brand name since 2006.
• Business Week magazine in 2007 has ranked HTC as the
Second best performing Technology Company in Asia and
the third largest globally in 2006
• HTC has highlighted their path breaking technology
trends in touch screen mobile telephones from 2002
PHONE OF THE YEAR 2013
• HTC One had become the
most successful launch in
the company’s history.
• around 5 million units
were sold during its first
two months of worldwide
availability, and by mid2013.
PHONE OF THE YEAR 2013
• Beginning in March 2013,
HTC One was made
available to 185 mobile
operators and major
retailers in more than 80
• HTC released htc one mini
in economical price with
almost same features due
to high demand of the
• In 2010 HTC sold over 24.6
million handsets, up 111%
• In August 2011, HTC
confirmed a plan for a
strategic partnership with
Beats Electronics involving
acquiring 51 percent of
• HTC the third-largest
smartphone-maker in the
world behind Apple and
• Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is the
flagship subsidiary of the Samsung Group and has
been the world's largest information technology
company by revenues since 2009.
• In 2013, Samsung began construction on building
the world's largest mobile phone factory in the
Thai Nguyen province of Vietnam
• Samsung developed its first mobile phone SH-100
• In june 2009 Samsung developed its first
• While many other handset makers tended to
focus on supporting one or two operating
system, Samsung for a time kept supporting a
wider range, like Symbian, Windows Phone,
Linux-based LiMo, and Samsung's
• By 2013 Samsung had dropped all operating
systems except Android and Windows Phone.
That year Samsung released at least 43
Android phones or tablets and two Windows
• Samsung's flagship mobile handset line is
the Samsung Galaxy S, which many consider a
direct competitor of the Apple iPhone. It was
initially launched in Singapore, Malaysia and South
Korea in June 2010 followed by the United States
in July. It sold more than one million units within
the first 45 days on sale in the United States
• The company's I9000 Galaxy S and S8500 Wave
smartphones were the winners of the 2010
European EISA Awards in the smartphone and social
media phone categories
• Samsung Group is a South
Korean multinational company headquartered
in Samsung Town, Seoul
• The word Samsung means "Tristar" or "three
stars". The word "three" represents something
123"big, numerous and powerful" the "stars"
• Samsung was founded by Lee Byung-chul in
1938 as a trading company.
• Apple Inc is a multinational company of USA city
california honour name steve jobs.
• The Newton platform is a personal digital assistant
developed by Apple Inc.. Development of the Newton
platform started in 1987 and officially ended on
February 27, 1998. It was stand in April 2003 by steve
jobs On January 9, 2007 Steve Jobs announced the
iPhone at the Macworld convention, receiving
substantial media attention, and that it would be
released later that year. On June 29, 2007 the first
iPhone was released.
• On June 11, 2007 announced at the Apple's Worldwide
Developers Conference that the iPhone would support
third-party applications using the Safari engine on the
• Apple's iOS did not have an official name until
the release of the iPhone software
development kit (iPhone SDK) on March 6,
2008. Before then, Apple marketing literature
simply stated that their iPhone runs a version
of "OS X", a reference to iOS' parent operating
system. When introduced, it was named
• It was renamed iOS on June 7, 2010, as iPhone
was no longer the only device to run iOS.
Apple licensed the "iOS" trademark from Cisco.
• On June 29, 2007, Apple released the first version of what became iOS was
• July 11, 2008 saw the public release of iPhone OS 2.0, with upgrades
through version 2.2.1 made available.
• June 17, 2009 was the release date for iPhone OS 3.0. It was updated
through (and including) version 3.1.3 (release date February 2, 2010)
• 3.2.2, a version made specifically for the iPad.
• On June 21, 2010, iOS 4.0 was released to the public and was made
available only to the iPod Touch and iPhone.
• On June 6, 2011, Apple previewed iOS 5, iOS 5 had only three minor
additions, 5.0.1, 5.1, and 5.1.1, which were all provided as an OTA
• iOS 6 was the sixth major release of the iOS mobile operating
system designed by Apple Inc., initially released on September 19, 2012
• IOS 7 was released on September 18, 2013
• iTunes begins in 1998 and continues to the
present day released by Casady & Greene.
Initially conceived as a simple music player,
over time iTunes developed into a
sophisticated multimedia content manager,
hardware synchronization manager and ecommerce platform.
• iTunes is currently supported under any 64-bit
version of Windows, although the iTunes
executable is still 32-bit. Now these days
million of applications available on
• It is the latest series of the the iphone,(i5,i5s,i5c)
iPhone 5S is a smartphone developed by Apple
Inc. It is part of the iPhone line, and was released
on September 20, 2013. Apple held an event to
formally introduce the phone, and its mid-range
counterpart, the iPhone 5C, on September 10,
2013. iPhone 5S is supplied with iOS 7, released on
September 20, 2013The iPhone has a minimal
hardware user interface, featuring five buttons.
The only physical menu button is situated directly
below the display, and is called the "Home button"
because it closes the active app