Kitchen Fire


Published on

Published in: Business, Economy & Finance
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Kitchen Fire

  2. 2. KITCHEN FIRE Careless cooking is the number one cause of residential fires
  3. 3. KITCHEN FIRE <ul><li>Never leave cooking unattended. </li></ul><ul><li>Never pour water on a grease fire; turn off the stove. </li></ul><ul><li>Don't store items on the stove top, as they could catch fire. </li></ul><ul><li>Keep kitchen appliances clean and in good condition, and turn them off and disconnect them when not in use. </li></ul><ul><li>Don't overload kitchen electrical outlets and don't use appliances with frayed or cracked wires. </li></ul><ul><li>Be sure your stove is not located under a window in which curtains are hanging. </li></ul><ul><li>Operate your microwave only when there is food in it. </li></ul>Careless cooking is the number one cause of residential fires
  4. 4. Do not leave cooking unattended
  5. 5. Loose-fitting garments can catch fire
  6. 6. Wear short sleeve or tight fitting sleeves when cooking
  7. 7.
  8. 8. Store matches and lighters out of the reach of small children
  9. 9. It's wise to have a fire extinguisher near the kitchen. Keep it 10 feet away from the stove on the exit side of the kitchen.
  10. 10. Keep Fire Blanket in a Kitchen
  11. 11. When Cooking with oil If the oil has ignites, never use water to extinguish a cooking oil fire. Turn off the stove and cover the pan with a lid or large peace of metal to smother the flames.
  12. 12. While Cooking Never leave paper, dishtowels, plastic utensils and other non-cooking equipment on your cook top or near the range of open flame because these items can be ignited.
  13. 13. Cooking Fires <ul><li>Greasy Pan Never heat cooking oil and leave room. The oil can ignite spontaneously! Keep combustibles away from stove, especially loose sleeves or scarves. Hot grease can spatter and ignite any paper, cloth, or wood materials nearby. </li></ul><ul><li>Fire In Oven Avoid letting grease build up in any part of oven. A greasy broiler can catch fire even during preheating. If there is too much fat on a piece of meat, the grease may flare up and start a fire. </li></ul><ul><li>How to Fight Small Cooking Fires Shut off stove or oven, smother pan with lid, baking soda or Type B extinguisher. Smother fire in oven by keeping door closed and/or throwing baking soda on food. Never Move the Pan . It will fan the fire or splatter grease. Never turn on the exhaust fan or use water. The fan will draw the flames into a concealed space. Let fat cool in oven or else contact with air may make fire flare up again. </li></ul>
  14. 14. Gas Fires <ul><li>Leaking Gas Never enter an area with a lighted match or cigarette if you smell gas from a pipe, heater or stove. Do Not turn light switches ON or OFF. The smallest spark or flame could ignite gas in the air and cause an explosion. </li></ul><ul><li>How to Fight Small Gas Fires </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Shut off gas supply. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Smother with rug, blanket or Type B extinguisher or cool with water. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Ventilate the area to let out the gases. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Call the Fire Department to have the area pipes checked for further hazards. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Then call the gas company. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Note: If there is a gas fire, it may be better to let the gas burn rather than extinguish the fire, which would let the gas fill the room or house creating the potential for an explosion. Therefore, the primary key is to shut off the gas supply and call the fire department. </li></ul>
  15. 15. In case of a gas leak from the LPG Cylinder <ul><li>Do not take any naked flame or allow a spark if you smell a gas leak. </li></ul><ul><li>Do not operate any electrical switch as the spark it causes may result in a explosion and a fire. </li></ul><ul><li>Open the door and window to allow the gas to escape. </li></ul><ul><li>Try to remove the leaking cylinder to a safe and open place so that the gas goes out and escape. </li></ul>
  16. 16. <ul><li>Raise Fire Alarm or shout Fire, Fire </li></ul><ul><li>Telephone Fire Rescue Service </li></ul><ul><li>Use appropriate Fire Extinguisher </li></ul><ul><li>Immediately exit the building, using the stairs and closing the doors – DO NOT USE ELEVATORS </li></ul><ul><li>Shutoff Utility Valves </li></ul>What to do ? In Case of Fire
  17. 17. For more topics: Please visit: Thank you for your time