1. Pitching A Trailer Abdullahi, MohammedAbied, Mohammed Mojodidi & Amina Adan
2. Mood Board
3. MOOD BOARD CAMERA SHOTS
4. What is the genre of your film?• The genre that we chose for our film is action and comedy. We decided to make our film a genre-hybrid as the movies that influenced us to pick action, usually has comedy or romance combined in the movie trailer.• Also, the age range that we are aiming for, prefer action/comedy movies, in contrast to romance or drama movies.• Also, the key reason that we chose to do this genre is due to the fact that, as my group and I must write the script and direct it, we are more out-going, humorous people, thus fore it would be easier to create this genre, as our personalities specialise in this area.
5. FILM NARRATIVE• Synopsis: A billionaire entrepreneur is getting bored with his life considering the fact that he owns practically the majority of the companies and organizations that are running and is bored, so he decides to reserve a meeting with his business partners and from there he calls on 5 different hit men and pays each of them each to go hunt down one another. Through this the billionaire and his partners bet on the one who survives and kills the rest of his competition, they will receive a very captivating prize.• Equilibrium: The Billionaire hires 5 hit men to hunt down one another and calls on a meeting with his business partners to play a game where each of his colleagues bet on which hit man will survive and kill the rest.• Disequilibrium: All the hit men later are confused in to why they’re hunting each other down and later on discover that the Billionaire has set up a betting game on them with his colleagues and thus gate crash their meeting and cause havoc on them all.• New Equilibrium: They figure out that they can get more money by stealing from each colleague and make a deal with one another before they gate crash. However one of the hit men deceives their deal and points a gun on them all thus asks to for all the money but before he does that they all react and point the gun on each other and within seconds they all fire their guns and kill each other.
6. LOGLINE• When boredom crashes you in the head, you will do absolutely anything to get yourself entertained…even if you’re a charming billionaire - Money may keep you happy but for this chap , the smell of Queen Elizabeth on paper isn’t enough to keep him satisfied and thus ends up creating a blood bath.
7. Film Comparison• Our film will be similar to many movies as they all inspire us to create something new and unique. The following films that are similar to ours are: Reservoir Dogs, Snatch, Smoking Aces and more recently Savages.• The target audience to our film is mainly male adults but could also be females as well as young adults. The age range of the audience can be 17-35 year olds that have an interest in an action packed thriller with a bit of comedy added to it.• They would be attracted to this film because male adults will always have an interest in watching a film that contains action twisted in a bit of comedy and thriller. The film is likely to attract young adults due to the story of the film being based around gangsters and violence. The reason to that is because it’s the current hype right now and many teenagers and adults enjoy watching films like these.• Our main selling points will be our poster and title of our film which will be very interesting to attract a lot of our audience.
8. Narrative Structure• I believe our film trailers’ narrative is clear from the beginning, middle and end. Also we have made sure to include the codes & conventions such as using mise-en-scene, sound, camera angles and many more. We will use Vladimir Props theory, which involves a protagonist and antagonist to help us make our story as well as applying Todorovs’ theory to develop and structure our plot. We will enable to develop our story by using the narrative structures which are: Equilibrium, disequilibrium and new equilibrium.
9. Is the main character Recognisable ?• Our Main character is a billionaire entrepreneur which is easily recognisable as he will be in every scene throughout the trailer wearing an expensive suit that will make him stand out and by doing this the audience will identify him as the main character. However getting the right cast for the film may be difficult as some people may be good at talking but not acting vice versa, therefore choosing the right casts can affect the story line and genre.