• The definition of a youth club:• “(Sociology) a centre providing leisure activities for young people, often associated with a church or community centre”Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/youth+club
• Octavia foundation is a free charity with a strong track record in providing community projects and activities. The club we would concentrate on is BASE: Base is a creative and cultural club for young people from the age 7- 21.Octavia would provide a range of activities for young people to participate and lad them lead the project. The previous sessions have included.
• The the documentary would concentrate on the youth club leaders, young club workers and club participates. We would focus on what they do and how they partake in the action and the importance of the club to the individuals.
• the documentary would start with a clean sit down interview with Octavia, talking about the what they do in the community, how one could join the club and what is behind the success of Octavia.
• The second part of the documentary would observe the activities Octavia provides for the members. By that I mean we would film them in the observational mode, we would film the ongoing activities.
• The third part of documentary would be a vox-pop. We would ask the club members:• Why do they come to the club• What makes Octavia important to the community• And where would they go if there wasnt Octavia.• By asking those questions we would highlight the important of Octavia in the community
• The main aim of the film is to inform individuals about youth clubs and community centres and the importance that it has in every community. An example: Community Centre
Victoria Nzeribe Octavia: Youth Programme02083545500 Manager IS IT REAL?Address: Apartment 10, Cubitt Building, 10 Gatliff Road, London SW1W 8QLNearest tube station: Sloane Square (Circle & district Line)Nearest Buses: 452, 360Nearest landmark: Chelsea Bridge (opposite), Lister Hospital