1. Advanced Facebook for business<br />Presentation by <br />Abbi Siler<br />firstname.lastname@example.org<br />local2social<br /> Sponsors <br />
2. Facebook Terminology<br />?<br />Profiles vs. Pages<br />Profiles are for people.<br />Pages are for business.<br />Friends vs. Fans<br />Friends are for profiles.<br />Fans are for pages.<br />Wall, Info, News Feed, Insights, <br />Places, & Tags.<br />
3. Why Use Facebook For Business?<br />Statistics:<br />Over 500,000,000 users – worldwide!<br />Over 1.5 million local business have active Pages.<br />People spend over 700 million minutes per month on Facebook.<br />Average user is connected to 80 Community Pages, Groups, and events.<br />150 million active mobile users. Mobile Facebook users are twice as active than non-mobile users.*<br />*Source: http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics<br />
4. Facebook Pages: Analysis<br />
5. Facebook Pages: Insights<br /> <br /><ul><li> Log-in to your Facebook Account.</li></ul> <br /><ul><li>Go to your business page.</li></ul> <br /><ul><li>Scroll down left side of page.</li></ul> <br /><ul><li>Click "See All" under Insights Box. </li></ul> <br />
6. Facebook Pages: InsightsTrends To Watch<br />Don't just glance at this data! Take a closer look & APPLY!<br />What's Your Demographic?<br /> Who's interacting on your page? Males? <br /> Females? Both? How old are they?<br /> These questions will help you understand how to address your fans/likers.<br /> Understanding your demographic helps you decide what content to share.<br /> Who's "Liking" Your Page?<br /> The demographic of your fans may be different <br /> than those who actually interact.<br /> <br />This will help you deliver relevant info from your business. <br />
7. Why Insights Matter<br />Making effective decisions based on your page's data.<br />
8. Facebook Pages: InsightsMedia Consumption & Post Quality<br /><ul><li>What is Post Quality?
9. This measures how engaging your posts are during a set period of time. Based on the amount of fans you have, amount of clicks you generate, page views, the amount of 'media consumption' that takes generates on your page, and the amount of likes per post or update.
10. What is Media Consumption?
11. When you post a video, audio clip, or photo album on your page Facebook monitors how many times people click, view and share this content on Facebook.
12. Engage Your Followers:
13. Use several different forms of media to engage your fans/likers. Anytime you create a video/radio commercial share it on your page!</li></li></ul><li>Facebook Pages: Landing TabsGrab Your Audience's Attention!<br />- Static FBML - Photobucket - Basic HTML/CSS -<br />
17. Facebook Decal For Your Store Front!<br />http://blog.blueskyfactory.com/facebook/make-your-own-facebook-sign<br />
18. Let’s Take A Break!<br />Abbi Siler<br />501-786-3412<br />email@example.com<br />www.local2social.com<br />Find Me On:<br />Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn!<br />facebook.com/local2social<br />twitter.com/abbisiler<br />
19. Facebook Open Graph<br /><ul><li>Allows websites & mobile applications to tailor offers, features, and specials to the individual, by sharing information (even if you have never visited the site).
20. When you sign onto Facebook, other sites like CNN, Pandora, and more have access to your preferences to provide you a customized experience.
21. Facebook takes your privacy preferences and shares any data allowed with websites to bring a personalized, and open form of internet to you.</li></li></ul><li>What Information Is Shared?<br /><ul><li>Based on your privacy preferences, Facebook shares the brands or pages you like, the public officials or articles you like, the people you are connecting with on Facebook, and the relationships you form via social media.
22. When you connect to CNN through your Facebook Profile, CNN will provide you news articles that your friends like along with articles that may be about your state or area. They also will provide you with topics and news that may interest you based on your interests listed on your profile and the pages you ‘like.’</li></li></ul><li>Open Graph = Personalized Web<br /><ul><li>Pandora: Online music radio, Open Graph takes your Music ‘Likes’ from Facebook and build a personal online radio station for YOU. (you can also listen to your friend’s music, too)
23. Yelp: Music Venues & Restaurants you ‘Like’ on Facebook—gives you latest specials, news, or concerts—also provides local suggestions based on your ‘likes’</li></ul>Web Developers can apply the Open Graph to sites with ease and simplicity. <br />
24. Social Plugins: The Like Button<br /><ul><li>The new Open Graph isn’t just for the Big Companies—local business can take advantage!
25. The Like Button can be added to any website, simple as 1-2-3!
26. Along with the Social API—Any website can be open with Facebook!
28. Facebook Community Pages<br /><ul><li>The newest addition to Pages on Facebook that helps local business are Community Pages!
29. Use your keywords: If you are are talking about services or events in your community, type the name of your town & city!
30. Facebook uses keywords: Jonesboro, Arkansas and creates a central hub that collects any status, event or news article submitted on Facebook about ‘Jonesboro, Arkansas.’
31. Same goes for Business Names: You may have a Community Page created by Facebook about your company—to see search Facebook—they are also created if you list your Company as your employer in your personal profile on Facebook.
32. Let’s Look at local2social
33. Submitting Content & Official Website to Wikipedia—to optimize your FREE Business Community Page!</li></li></ul><li>Facebook Events<br /><ul><li>Promote Your BIG Event on Facebook!
34. Use your Facebook Page to create, share and invite people from your community to your event!
35. Let’s Create An Event Together!</li></li></ul><li>Facebook Promotions<br />Promotion Guidelines–<br />Yes, you need to be aware of the rules.<br />YES, they do pay attention.<br />NO – you do NOT want to <br />“Do First, Apologize Later.”<br />
36. Warning--Whatever You Do: DON'T BE A SPAMMER!<br />On ANY Social Media Outlet, DO NOT just push content from your website.<br />Think of Social Media as a conversation:<br />listen, respond when spoken to, and share interesting details.<br />If there is someone you want to talk to online, then introduce yourself! <br />
37. Thanks For Coming!<br />For More Helpful Tips On Social Media:<br />www.local2social.com<br /> Like local2social On Facebook!<br /> Follow Abbi On Twitter: abbisiler<br />Read Our Blog: www.asbtdc-asu.com<br />Like Us On Facebook!<br />Follow Us On Twitter: asbtdc_asu<br />Special Thanks To Our Jonesboro Sponsors!<br />