Transcript of "Looking back at your preliminary task..."
Evaluation Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
College magazine and Project Magazine From My college magazine to my final music magazine I have used a mixture of technologies and aesthetics to create and improve the quality of my work to get the best out of my end product
Research In my research I had to learn how to use a new software to collect and show my statistics for my music magazine research. The lesson I learnt when collecting my research was that using the survey monkey software was a lot easier and quicker than going out and collecting quantitative and qualitative statistics by hand. It is also a lot neater and easier to lay out because I couldn't loose paper and it all looks professional. I also progressed and learnt that while facebook is a social networking site it is also a good way to collect peoples opinions about different topics
Planning When planning my photographs I had to think about lighting, setting,
Production When producing my magazine I focused both software and hardware. One of the main software’s that I used was photo-shop which meant I could manipulate images and text to produce my magazine, by using ... Lasso tool to cut out specific shapes such as the Dans hat on the front cover so that it overlapped the masthead. I used the blur tool so that any sharp straight lines, which I didn't want, didn't have to be prominent Changing the levels and colours of the picture to make it brighter, because the lighting for the picture background wasn't great and needed to be changed. I had to change to colour because the quality of my picture was also ok but could have been better which was one of the reasons that I changed the style of my front cover image. Another tool that I used was the stamp tool, which meant that if there was a small blemish on one of the band members skin I could replace it with a copy of the skin to the side so that it looks faultless. I had to use the shape, fill and text tool to manipulate shapes and colour and text so that it fitted in with my image for the magazine.