2. The nervous system.The nervous system is your bodysdecision and communication centre.The central nervous system is madeof the brain and the spinal cored.The peripheral nervous system ismade of nerves.
3. The Brain Stem.≥ The Brain stem connects the spinal cord with the spinal cord.≥ The brain stem is also part of the brain where the vital cords connect.≥ The lowest part of the brain is located in the brain stem, the medulla oblongata.≥ The Pons is the band of nerves that connect the cerebrum, the cerebellum, and the medulla oblongata.
4. The CerebellumThe cerebellum is the part of the brain where the high level functions take place.The cerebellum is divided into two different lobes which are connected by white fibres. Also in the cerebellum, there is folia, bundled nerve cells.
5. THE CEREBRUMIn the cerebrum there are 5000 to 100,000 neurons. The cerebrum is divided in to two hemispheres, the right and left hemispheres.The different sides of the cerebrum do different things for the opposite sides of the body.
6. How to say the parts of the brain!!!cerebrum (say: suh-ree-brum)cerebellum (say: sair-uh-bell-um)brain stem (say: Brain-st-em)pituitary gland (say: puh-too-uh-ter-ee gland)hypothalamus (say: hy-po-thal-uh-mus)
7. Kool KidsThe brain is 75% water.The male brain is larger than the female brain.The brain is the boss of your body.Whatever you are doing right now your brain is telling you to do that.
8. Have you ever heard of....• cerebrospinal fluid.• pia mater.• Pituitary Gland.• Hypothalamus.