Bahan ajar ekspresi relief pain pleasure and granting requestDocument Transcript
Expressing granting request, relief, pain, and pleasure
Expressing Grant Request
- Oh, that’s a relief.
- I’m very relieved to hear that.
- Thank goodness for that.
- I’m extremely glad to hear that.
- Thank heavens!
- What a relief!
- Oh, good!
- Good for you.
- Oh, marvelous!
- I’m glad it’s done.
- Oh, what a relief!
- I’m glad everything is running well.
- That’s alright, then.
- I feel so relieved.
- This ointment relieves my pain.
- Thank God for that.
- It’s very relaxing.
Interjection (a sound in English to express pain):
- Ouch! It hurts me so much.
- Ouch! Stop pinching me.
- Oh! What shall I do if he’s already married?
- Ooh! My head aches! And my back hurts!
- Ah! What is it?
- Ouch! That hurts!
- Aw! The pain hurts me very much.
- It’s very painful. I can't stand it.
- I can’t stand it. The pain is getting worse and worse.
- I’m very pleased with this room.
- Oh, how marvelous!
- Oh, it’s wonderful!
- It’s good news.
- I’m very delighted.
- I’m glad you like it.
- It gives me great pleasure.
- This is great, isn’t it?
- I can’t say how pleased I am.
- I can’t say how delighted I am.
Contoh percakapan dengan menggunakan granting request, relief, pain, dan pleasure
: “Will you tell me about it?”
Andin : “Sure I will.”
: “Let’s try to make cake sometimes?”
Andin : “OK.”
: “I’m very worried that it will be rain tomorrow, I don’t have an umbrella.”
Bella : “Don’t worry, it will be sunny tomorrow. I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow, and it will turn
: “Oh, what’s a relief.”
Dea : “Ouch!”
Sally : “What’s up, Dea?”
Dea : “I have a headache.”
Sally : “Poor you. I think you should take an aspirin.”
Dea : “Yes, you are right. But I don’t have an aspirin. Can you buy me in the drugstore?”
Sally : “All right. Wait a minute.”
Dea : “Thanks Sally.”
Sally : “You are welcome.”
Shinta : “Your painting is really good. You’re really like professional artist.”
Reny : “Thank you. I’ve tried my best to finish this painting.”
Shinta : “I’m delighted to hear that.”
Lampiran 2 Lembar kerja siswa
Respond the questions or the statement below with your classmate orally!
1. A: May I borrow your pencil, please!
2. A: How was your trip to Bali?
B: ………….. I want to go there again next year.
3. A: …………………………………………...
B: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to step your foot.
4. A: Al, this is your pen, I found it under the table.
B: ………………………………….... thank you.
5. A: Could you do me a favor?
Work with your classmate! Create a dialogue based on one of the situations below by using the
expressions of granting request, pain, relief and pleasure. Then perform it in front of the class!
Situation 1 : You need your dictionary to do your homework, but you cannot find it. You ask your
sister if she had seen it, and she said it’s in her room.
Situation 2 : Your friend is headache, he/she want you to buy him/her a medicine.
Situation 3 : You lose your wallet, you ask your friend to look for your watch.
Situation 4 : Your mobile phone fall down from your bag and it break, you ask your friend to
Situation 5 : The teacher asks your opinion on the fairytale that she just told you. You really like
Situation 6 : Some boys are in the school yard playing football. When a girl passes the field, the
ball hit her.