iTwin lets you access your files from anywhere, simply & securely Aashita Gupta, ABES Engineering College Ghaziabad
It is a device that allows its users to share files fromcomputer to computer without installing or configuring anysoftware or USB’s or the cables. It provides a simple plug and play remote file access.Bi-Directional File Access: connection between the 2computers is completely symmetrical.. FOUNDER & DESIGNER Electrical and Electronic Engineering from IIT in Chennai and a Masters degree from IISc in Bangalore. iTwin is like the two ends of a cable, without the cable
1. Plug iTwin into 2. Detach one half. 3.Plug that half intoUSB port and share another computer andyour files and files are transferredfolders. securely via internet.
• Back up your data from anywhere.• Dont pay for cloud storage. Dont pay subscription fees for file access.• You have all the storage you need on your computer and home hard drive.• Create your own personal cloud. Secured by hardware-grade encryption.• It is cross platform. Can work with almost all present computer operating systems. With AES-256 hardware- enabled encryption Its as secure & simple.
Disable Code:When you physically pairtwo iTwin devices andplug into a computer,iTwin software requestsyou to create an iTwinDisable Code. It can be Register for your iTwinthink of as a suicide disable code.trigger for the device. Ifyou lose one half of yourdevice, you simply provideus this Disable code(suicide trigger) and weremotely disable your losthalf of your iTwin,preventing any data loss.
• When you plug iTwin into a computer for the first time, iTwin software gets installed on the computer.• Requires a min 512 MB.• Requires 15 MB hard-disk space.• USB 2.0 port• Requires broad-band Internet access 1Mbps upload speed recommended.• Need administrator rights to access. Can be uninstalled.• Automatic Updates.
No Storage Limitations• iTwin does not store any of your data on itself. iTwin is adata access device between two computers.•The only limit is the size of your computers hard drive. If youhave a 1 TB hard-drive and desire to access it completely,you can do so with iTwin.•Any network files folders that you can access from yourcomputer can be shared using iTwin. Network sharing.•No "Temp Files“ Unplug iTwin and all temp files are purgedautomatically. This is especially useful when using a computerthat does not belong to you.
Operating Requirements Size and weight•Operating •Length : 3.54 inches temperature:32° to 158° F (0° to 70° C). (90 mm).•Relative humidity: 5% to •Width : 0.82 inch (2195% non-condensing. mm).•Maximum •Depth : 0.314 inch operatingaltitude: 10,000 feet (3000 (8.0 mm). •Weight : 0.11 poundm). (50g).
Transfer Limits2.Unlike many cloud based storage services, iTwin allows youto transfer as much data as you want.4.The only constraint is the limit of your ISPs bandwidthallowances.6.With iTwin, you dont need to worry about monthlyallowances or bandwidth limits when you transfer large filesonline.LED IndicatorLED lights indicate status.•Constant Blue light : iTwin is fully functional.•Blinking Blue light : on-going data transfer.•Constant red light : error.
• iTwin detects almost all types of proxies, firewalls and NATs and self-configures.• In case, one or both iTwin are not directly accessible (behind firewalls), iTwin encrypted data traffic is relayed through globally distributed servers. (amazon EC2 based).• iTwin uses Amazon Web Services infrastructure with 99.5% availability to ensure fast, safe and secure data relays.
•In case of Internet disruption, iTwin file transfers pause.•When the internet connection is resumed, iTwin softwarecontinues the file transfer from where it left off.•iTwins progress bar indicates the amount left to betransferred.•All data is encrypted before it leaves your computer.• Your data remains encrypted until it reaches the computerto which the second half of iTwin is attached.•Your data is never stored on any iTwin SERVER. Yourdata is stored only on your computer.
• As doesnt store any data on itself. Your remote data can only be accessed if you have the physical iTwin with you. You can set up your iTwin to require a password.• Two iTwins together generate a random 256-bit AES key, everytime they are physically paired and plugged into a computer.• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption is used to protect all data communication & its standard has not been broken so far and many consider AES to be military grade.
• Passwords of any length can be set. iTwins password is stored on itself, not on any server.• If you forget your password, simply pair both halves of your iTwin, plug them into a computer and set a new password. No need for tech support!
• Two iTwins together generate a random 256-bit AES key, every time they are physically paired and plugged into a computer.• Smart Key generation is assisted by the computer to add randomness.• Smart crypto key resides only on the two halves of the paired iTwin.• Smart Crypto key is used for encrypting all data traffic between two iTwins.
2. Before allowing any data transfer, every iTwin is authenticated by iTwins TwinTrust servers.4. All communication between iTwin and TwinTrust is secured using industry strength HTTPS (RSA 1024 bit, 128 bit RC4) protocol.6. After successful authentication by TwinTrust, TwinTrust assist iTwin to discover its other half.8. After authenticating with TwinTrust, two halves of iTwin mutually authenticate each other using their pre- shared AES 256 bit crypto key.10.If password is set, then verification is performed on both iTwins before data transfer is initiated.