• HTML allows to place static images in an HTML
• It accepts file formats like .gif and .jpg.
• Image can be inserted in web page using <IMG>
• This tag will take name of image file as a value to
the attribute SRC.
• It also allows you to control height, width, border.
<IMG SRC ="url">
Attributes in Image tag:
Align Specifies position of the image
Border Specifies size of the border
Width Specifies width of image in pixels
Height Specifies height of image in pixels
Hspace Amount of space to the left and right
Vspace Amount of space to the top and
bottom of image
Alt Indicates text to be displayed in case
the browser is unable to display image.
• Tables are used to insert data in rows an columns
format in web pages.
• All table related tags are included between
• Each row of a table is described between the
• Header rows is defined using <TH></TH> tags.
• Each column of a table is described between the
Attributes related to table tag:
Align Horizontal alignment can be controlled.
Valign Vertical alignment can be controlled.
Width Sets width to specific number of pixels or
to a percentage of the available screen
Border Controls border to be placed around the
Cellpadding Controls distance between the data in
the cell and the boundaries of the cell.
Cellspacing Control spacing between adjacent cells.
Attributes to be used with TH or TD tag:
Colspan This attribute take up more than one
Rowspan This attribute take up more than one row
Caption to table
• Caption tag is used to give heading to the tables.
• Caption can be provided by using <Caption></Caption> tags.
• It has align attribute having values either bottom or top.
• Top will place caption immediately above the table.
• Bottom will place caption immediately after the table.