Where We’re Going
• Why I’ve Created This Program
• My Story
• George Kao’s Story
• The PebbleStorm Feed Your Freedom Program
• What’s Next
Why I Created This Program
• I have talented friends who are trapped in
unfulfilling (and soul-eating) jobs
• I have talented friends that have escaped the
cube and yet don’t have real freedom because
of a lack of regular income
• I’ve been in both situations – and didn’t enjoy
• I can help you create regular income that
preserves your freedom
This Is For...
• Professionals who have been successful
• You know what you DON’T want to do
• You aren’t sure yet what you DO want to do
(clearly enough to live on it)
• You want to make enough money to be
comfortable, while preserving your freedom to
travel, play or work on other projects
• People would find your expertise valuable…if you
knew where to find them and what to offer
Why Feed Your Freedom?
• Create your own stream of income
independent of a risky or unfulfilling job
• Get the lifestyle you want now, not years from
• Give yourself the mental space to discover
your Unique Genius
• So you can come adventure-work-travel with
Why “Freedom Consulting”?
• Consulting can be just another j-o-b, OR
• Consulting can be designed to feed your
• Begin with the end in mind
What Does Feed Your Freedom Mean?
• A consulting or coaching practice that
generates ‘enough’ predictable income per
month ($5k-$10k) to be comfortable, yet only
requires 1-3 days of work per week
• You deliver your services in ways that support
the freedom you want for travel, relationships
or other business ideas
What This Isn’t
• Make millions of dollars now
• Massive passive income
• Rocket science
What This Is
It Can Be As Simple As…
Step 1: Get Clear – What Do You Want?
Step 2: Determine The Ideal Client
Step 3: Decide How You Want To Serve Them
Step 4: Have Conversations
Step 5: Sign Clients
• CEO of LeaseExchange: $0
• Director at Salesforce.com: $100 Million
• ‘Entrepreneur-in-Residence’ at Alloy Ventures ($1B)
• With consulting in between
Over the past two years…
• PebbleStorm: “Make money through enjoyment”
• CEOFlow: “Create sales, freedom and adventure with
• Also DataSalad.com, ColdCalling2.com and more
I Didn’t See The True Beauty Of
• Leaving salesforce.com, I thought I didn’t want to
do sales consulting
• Kept getting asked for it
• I realized
– I enjoyed some consulting (short projects / variety /
good people / money / challenge)
– I enjoyed it even more when it was in a coaching
format, with weekly calls rather than intense projects
– Better use of the time and money of clients
– Created freedom for myself
Over Two Years…
• While creating those businesses…
• Worked the equivalent of 1-3 days a week
• Invested little money beyond URLs and Wordpress
• And I spent months traveling or living in Bali, Japan,
China, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Brazil, Argentina, Kauai…
(Pix: Fickr, Facebook)
I’m creating the path so you can join me – it’s more fun
The PebbleStorm “Feed Your
• 3 months long
• Tele-seminars every two weeks
• TBD: In-person workshops in SF, LA
• Team/community focus: get the group mind
working to refer each other clients
• Options for extra 1-1 coaching
• Pricing: must be affordable, but also enough to
ensure only COMMITTED people are in
– This is an Action program
Your 3 Month Program Goal
• If you don’t have a practice yet:
– Get your first two (2) clients
• If you do have a practice:
– Get your first two (2) clients of your redesigned
The follow up program will be to multiply your monthly income
How It Works
1) TBD? One in-person kickoff workshop (SF, LA)
– NYC or DC when _?_ people sign up there
2) Six (6) Tele-seminars (each two week)
3) Accountability teams
– Groups of 4
– Weekly team call keep each other on track
4) Referral groups
– Groups of 8
– Based on common industries, geographies, etc, to make it easy to
refer each other clients
Example Program Topics
• How to find clients • How you can get clients
• Marketing, pricing without “selling”
• Designing your services • The PebbleStorm support
• Getting clear (what to do,
for who) • Building credibility
• Risks, fears, roadblocks • George Kao’s Webinar
• “Two jobs”
Timing • How to design your services
• to feed your freedom
• Tools/apps • Juggling two jobs
• Time management • The people around you
• Investing in yourself (discouragers/supporters)
through a coach
Why Invite Professional Friends In?
• You will earn $
• They will get a discount
• Working with them will help you succeed
faster and more easily:
– You already know and trust them
– More referrals more easily
– Extra support
– You’ll enjoy it more keeping you moving forward!
I Haven’t Heard A Question I Can’t
• Who can do this, who can’t? • How do I make it predictable?
• How much do I have to do? • What do I do about my fears holding me back?
• How much time does the program require, and • What if people don’t want what I have to offer?
how do I find that time? • How do I design my services to protect my
• How do I find my niche? freedom?
• What programs do I offer? • How do I create my program rules (when clients
• What if people can’t afford me? can call, etc)
• Where can I find clients? • What are the risks?
• How much do I charge? • What are the most common fears, roadblocks?
• When do I cut off free advice? (when you have • How do I know when the time is right to do this?
a program) • Women tend to wait until things are fully
• How do I market to clients? developed before they decide/commit – how do
How do I be ok making mistakes? I gain the confidence to do this?
How do I value my time? How do I price? • What if the people around me are discouraging
• How do I know I’m ready for a coach?
• How do I find a community of people who do
• What is my competition? what I do?
• How do I justify my rate? • What if I can’t let my work/boss know I’m doing
• What do I outsource or delegate? this?
• How does a sales process work? • How can I transition w/o worrying about paying
Good News / Bad News
• The Good News:
– It’s real and all the pieces are right here
• The Bad News:
– My marketing coach says DO NOT DO THIS
– Because: he wants me to focus 100% on a
CEOFlow program that blows him away (for CEOs)
– When I hire people for their expertise, I listen
You Tell Me!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.