2. Computers play animportant role in thelives of most of ustoday, whether werealize it or not.Some people,however, arebeginning to ask if wereally need them. Inmy opinion,computers havebecome a necessarypart of modern life.
3. In the first place thecomputers can save alot of storage space.Storing informationon computers’ disksis one of the mostefficient ways ofkeeping data. Onecomputer disk canhold the sameamount ofinformation asseveral books.
4. Furthermore,computers saveeveryone a lot ofvaluable time. Anyinformation can befound at the touchof a button,whereas searchingfor it manuallytakes muchlonger.
5. Therefore, oureveryday lives aremade easier - fromgoing to the bankto doing theshopping. Using acomputer, we canmake purchases,prepare documentsor just chat withfriends.
6. Also, using thecomputer, we areable to carry outcomplicatedmathematicalcalculations thatare used byscientists topredict theweather, orresearch.
7. Computersnavigate themodern planesand ships, andsuch navigationis used inmodern GPSdevices that canidentify theexact location ofthe car and makea route to anypoint in theworld.
8. Nevertheless, there arethose who claim thatcomputers areunnecessary and makeour lives morecomplicated. They arguethat in the past wemanaged very well usingother methods and thatwe have become toodependent on computers.However, they fail toconsider that the timesaved by using computersfor repetitive tasksenables us to use our owntime more creatively andproductively.
9. All in all Istrongly believethat computersare useful tools.They havechanged ourlives for thebetter and thereis no reason whywe should notmake them workfor ouradvantage.