by Jeremiah, Brian, Zach, and Dave
We want to raise awareness about police budget cuts
S.W.A.T teams all over the U.S are
suffering from budget cuts.
Some people think that america doesn't need
S.W.A.T teams. Even though the S.W.A.T
teams handle terrorist attacks in america i.e.
hostage situations, robberies, bomb threats,
etc. The S.W.A.T teams are a lot more useful
than most people think. But without proper
funding, the S.W.A.T teams won't be able to
afford bullet proof vests, bullets and other vital
Action plan (part 1)
1. Problem:The Police and S.W.A.T forces are under
2. Issue:Obama cut the police forces funding and is
trying to remove the S.W.A.T teams
3. State your beliefs: I believe that America still needs
the S.W.A.T teams, and that budget cuts should
stop for the police forces.
Action plan (part 2)
4. State your proposed solution:) There is the easy way
out by setting up a fundraiser, but i’d like to do
something that gets the police and S.W.A.T forces
recognized for the good they’re doing. I propose we
make a website telling the importance of the police and
S.W.A.T forces. It will contain info on what both forces
have to deal with everyday, budget cuts, prank calls,
Action plan (part 3)
5. List at least five other possible appropriate actions:
Fundraiser, Posters, informational flyers, a having a
officer come in and talk to the school, or we could have
a celebrity come in and influence kids to respect law
enforcement a bit more.
6. Why is your proposed solution the BEST action?
Everybody goes onto the internet at least once a day
7. Are there any legal consequences to your action?
If worst comes to worst, we might get shut down for a
Action plan (part 4)
8. Are there any social consequences to your action?
Someone might have a different view on the matter,
otherwise, No, not that I can think of.
9. Are there any economic consequences to your
No, there are none.
10. Are there any ecological consequences to your action?
Action plan (part 5)
11. What values do I have to support my beliefs?
I want to be in the S.W.A.T team when I get older.
12. What are the values and beliefs of other people?
As far as I know people want more government, more
police= more government.
13. What business or individual in my community might be
able to help with my initiative?
Officer Bennett, the Bettendorf S.W.A.T team, the
Bettendorf police force, Law enforcement supporters
and Master sergeant Bergom.
Action plan (part 6)
14. Steps to complete the action:Set up site, research,
Sacramento budget cuts
Our example is the Sacramento police department has
suffered from a serious budget cut a total of 12.2 million
dollars! They have cut everything from undercover gang
squad to k-9 and forensic units. Chief braziel even said
“You reach the point where there is nothing left to cut,” And
now with such huge budget cuts Police officers have been
laid off so they cannot respond to vandalism and burglary.
This gives criminals free reign causing other cities with
police budget cuts to fall into high murder rate