On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
PBL Project: Fear factor synopsisDocument Transcript
The Fear Factor
“The oldest and strongest emotion of
mankind is fear.” H.P. Lovecraft.
According to research in
neuromarketing, fear is the most
effective technique used in
industries to sell goods/ideas. From
entertainment, politics, healthcare,
nonprofits, and more- using fear as a
motivating factor works.
For this project, students addressed
the following essential and guiding
The Fear Factor Learning Targets
1. I can use technology to produce
and publish a variety of writing
pieces and projects.
2. I can work collaboratively in a
group and express my ideas clearly.
3. I can read and comprehend high
4. I can use multiple sources to
research a topic.
The Fear Factor Habits of Mind
HOW DOES FEAR MOTIVATE (DRIVE)
US AS HUMAN BEINGS?
1. Applying past knowledge to new
A. HOW CAN I USE FEAR APPEAL TO
“SELL” MY GUIDED READING BOOK?
2. Thinking and communicating with
clarity and precision.
B. HOW CAN WE USE FEAR TO RAISE
AWARENESS OF A SOCIAL ISSUE AND
3. Creating, imagining, and
What are the biological and
psychological responses to fear?
How do different industries use fear
to sell a product or idea?
What are current social issues (local
or global) and how can we utilize fear
to raise awareness/work to create
4. Thinking interdependently.
The Fear Factor 21st Century
1. Information Literacy
2. Collaboration and Communication
3. Self-monitoring and self-direction
4. Project management skills