CRCT Review1. Read each question.2.Click on the box of the Correct Answer.3.If your answer is “Correct,” you will see aTrophy. Click on the box with the number forthe next question.4.If your answer is “Incorrect,” you will see aSad face! Click on the box for the samequestion until you choose the correct answer.
1. The diagram shows layers of sedimentary rocks and examples of their fossils. Which layer contains the oldest fossils?A 1B 2C 3D 4 NEXT ?
2. The pictures show different stages in the development of a river valley. Which picture shows the first stage of development? A C D B NEXT ?
3. The diagram below shows the earthquake risks in a particular region. To minimize the damage to buildings during an earthquake, where should new buildings be built? Region A A Region B B Region C C Region D D NEXT ?
4. Use the pie section below to answer this question.The pie section shows Earths composition from the center to the surface. Section IV is most likely composed of: Molten Iron A Granitic Rock B Solid Iron C Basalt D NEXT ?
5. Use the chart below to answer this question. Susan wants to identify a dark, heavy mineral sample she found in the classroom collection. She notices there are three minerals in a chart in a reference book that might match her sample. Susan next observes that her sample mineral has flat, reflective surfaces that break into boxlike steps. She infers the mineral may be galena. If she is correct, one more test will verify her inference. Which property would to best for her to observe next? Hardness A Way it Mineral Hardness Luster Streak Color breaks Luster Galena 2.5 cleavage metallic gray-black silver, gray B Magnetite 6 fracture metallic black black Streak C red-brown, Hematite 6 fracture metallic-dull red-brown silver, black Color D NEXT ?
6. Fossils of a particular animal species have been found in both southern Africa and South America but nowhere else. Which of the following is MOST LIKELY the reason why? The fossils evolved into A different organisms. The climate changed & became B much colder. In the past, Africa & South America C were part of the same continent. In the future, Africa & South America D will be part of the same continent. NEXT ?
7. The picture below shows a large rock and a containerof water. The rock and the water have the same mass andtemperature.What will MOST LIKELY happenwhen the rock and the water receive the same amount of heat energy?A The water will transfer heat to the rock.B The rock will transfer heat to the water.C The temperature of the rock will rise faster.D The temperature of the water will rise faster. NEXT ?
8. Seattle, Washington is a highlypopulated city surrounded by the Pacificcoast in the Northwest United States.Bismarck, North Dakota is a highlypopulated city in the North CentralUnited States. They are both located atabout the same latitude. Why doesSeattle experience much less severewinters than Bismarck?A Cold air masses settle away from bodies of water.B It is warmer in the central part of the United States.C The Pacific Ocean releases heat and keeps Seattle warmer.D Seattle is slightly closer to the sun during the winter months. NEXT ?
9. At which ocean feature would the greatest amount of water pressure be exerted?A Continental ShelfB Continental SlopeC Abyssal PlainD Trench NEXT ?
10. Look at the diagram below of the Sun, the Moon,and Earth. Which phase of the Moon would be seenby people on Earth?A Full MoonB New MoonC Waxing GibbousD Waning Gibbous NEXT ?
11. Which position of the Moon couldcause a solar eclipse?A 1B 2C 3D 4 NEXT ?
12. The map shows ocean currents in the northern Atlantic Ocean. Which location most likely has the warmest climate?A Location AB Location BC Location CD Location D NEXT ?
13. The chart shows the average distance of each planet fromthe Sun and the speed each planet travels in its orbit. Whichconclusion should be drawn from this chart? A The planets closer to the Sun travel around the Sun faster. B The planets closer to the Sun absorb the Suns energy and therefore move faster. C The outer planets move slower because they are larger. D The outer planets move slower because they have many moons. NEXT ?
14. Which picture demonstrates rotation? A B C D NEXT ?
15. Students in a science class examined an unknown material.They found that it was made of four main components. Theyrecorded the percent of each component in the graph below. **Based on this evidence, what is the unknown substance?A SoilB QuartzC ConcreteD Igneous Rock NEXT ?
16. Over time, this rocky cliff will become manysmaller rocks and eventually sand particles. This isdue to which process?A ErosionB Deposition WeatheringC EvaporationD NEXT ?
17. Layer C in the diagram has the greatest temperature and pressure. It is MOST LIKELY Earths:A atmosphere.B crust.C mantle.D core. NEXT ?
18. This landform was probably caused by —A high tides.B wind.C human activity.D running water. NEXT ?
19. You observe the moon one night at midnight whilecamping, as seen in the image. Predict the location ofthe Moon in the diagram based on this observed moonphase.A A.B B.C C.D D. NEXT ?
20. During which of these phases of themoon will the tides be highest?ABCD