WHAT IS POWERPOINT
A program created by Microsoft that uses slides to display
information in a presentation
• A slide presentation software package
You can add:
• Charts and more
Customize the Ribbon
Minimize/Maximize the Ribbon
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Slides contain placeholders –
areas on the slide that are
enclosed by dotted borders
Placeholders can contain: text,
images, video, charts, etc.
What do the icons mean in a
• Default view
• Slides can be moved in the slides tab on the left
Slide Sorter View
• Miniature views are arranged on the screen
• You can easily drag/drop and rearrange slides
Slide show view
• This view fits the entire computer screen
• What the audience will see
A theme is a predefined combination of colors, fonts, and effects
that can be applied to your presentation
Theme colors: available from every color menu
Theme fonts: available from the font menu
Shape styles: available in the Format tab when you click on a
Transitions are motion effects that, when in Slide Show View, add
movement to your slides as you advance from one slide to another.
There are many transitions to choose from; each one allows you to
control the speed, and even add sound.
Thank you for being a part of this class!