Program restrictions are there for a reason – advertisers obviously have to protect themselves. But don’t let this hold you back from researching and approaching them about a bespoke deal!
Firebox had great PPC overage around Christmas time, but few advertisers can cover every impression at peak times - and Found noticed several gaps where we could help: one of which was on variations of the HD Summit Goggles product.
On approaching Firebox for a partnership, last Christmas, the program had a “no PPC direct linking allowed” policy. However, Found’s research showed that Firebox wasn’t showing Google ads on some of the ‘less obvious’ generic keywords, related to their products.2 conference calls, 1 forecast and a “no touch” SLA later, and we agreed a direct linking PPC deal on all terms that Firebox didn’t want (see HD Summit Goggles example above). The keywords we covered, drove the advertiser an incremental £50,000 revenue per month. The partnership was extended into 2012.
1. Cut The Noise, Make Some MoneyPrepared by:Pete NewmanPartnerships Directorpete.email@example.com
2. 1. Program terms don’t restrict brilliant ideas! Case Study – Firebox
3. Program restrictions can be, well … restrictive. 3
4. Firebox had great coverage, but we saw gaps: 4
5. “snow goggles camera” “ski goggles with camera” “ski camera goggle” “ski video goggles” 5
6. Result:• Christmas campaign, 2012• Hundreds of new keywords covered• £50,000 p/month incremental revenue 6
7. 2. Cross sell campaigns by thinking creatively Case Study – Warner Hotels
8. Responsive DesignDesktop iPad Mobile 8
9. The Benefits• Sites are viewable on all mobile/tablet devices• No need to zoom in to read the content• Time & money saving - no need separate device sites• Mobile SEO friendly - Google & Bing recommend it http://speckyboy.com/2012/06/04/bing-google-recommend-responsive-web-design/• Increase in CTR & Conversion 9
10. The Results• 1 month of launch• 21.86% uplift in CTR 10
11. 3. Train account managers in your specialism Case Study – The PPC Challenge
12. A common problem for the PPC affiliate… The client already works with an agency, so it’s a no go... The client won’t grant anyone access to their AdWords account... I don’t really get what brand + generic means? 12