1. Anatomy of an Affiliate Programme Kevin Edwards, Strategy Director, Digital Window 13 th October 2010
2. What value do cashback sites add? Do voucher codes overwrite other affiliates? How complex is the path to conversion? How do my affiliates impact my other traffic? How can I use my affiliate data better? How do I measure the value?
3. The data <ul><li>Three retail merchants from two sectors </li></ul><ul><li>One merchant made available all online data </li></ul><ul><li>Aim to understand in detail the affiliate mix </li></ul><ul><li>Usual caveats apply... </li></ul>
4. Fashion Merchant <ul><li>Offer regular discounts, occasional exclusives </li></ul><ul><li>Work with all affiliate types </li></ul><ul><li>Current tiered commission structure </li></ul>
6. 1.3 interactions
7. 25% of sales have >1 affiliate involved
9. Voucher code affiliates TC Cashback
10. 61% of sales from VCs 66% of multiple affiliate sales overwritten by VCs 14% of sales from true content 12% of multiple affiliate sales overwritten by true content 66% of multiple VC sales overwritten by VCs 14% of multiple true content sales overwritten by true content
13. 18% of sales have >1 affiliate involved 1.2 Interactions per sale
16. 49% of true content overwrites are by true content sites 41% of voucher overwrites are by voucher sites
18. Total ‘sale’ clicks overwritten By voucher codes By cashback / loyalty By true content True Content True Content True Content True Content
20. 6% 9%
24. Interactions Latency AOV Affiliate Impact
25. ? No two affiliates are the same
26. How do I put it all together?
27. AOV? New Customer Acquisition? Sales Volume? Contribution in the sales journey? Conversion Rate? Frequency of purchase? Click to sale Latency Type of customer? Impact on other channels? Impact on other affiliates?
29. What could you look at? Existing New New vs. existing % returning & how often Average spend & type of product