Statistics About Knife Crime
• Figures show that there were1,445 fewer offences in 2011/2012
compared to the same period in 2008/2009.
• They show that around 400 people a month are being injured in attacks
and many of them are serious, and others were threatened.
• In the first four months of the year 2013, 11 people were murdered in
knife attacks, and six teenagers have been stabbed to death so far this
• The figures for February show there was a total of 818 victims, in March
there were 993, and in April there were 892 victims. The number injured
in attacks reached a peak of 420 in April, the equivalent of 14 people a
• In total for the first four months, 284 were seriously injured with knives,
413 suffered “moderate” injuries and 870 minor injuries.