• A horror/thriller film trailer based on the lines of Pandoras box or a special object, which links to demonic possession of a character. The main character being an innocent girl; a conventional character for horror/thriller films.This was the least popular option from the survey, but we may includesome parts of this idea.OR…• Or a horror/thriller film trailer in the killers point of view, his perspective of why they are a killer, you see everything the way they see it. The killer would be the hero and the villain; the victim of possession. This is unconventional of horror/thriller films and so makes this idea new and more exciting for the audience. First Ideas
1. Innocent girl walking her dog, her dog wonders into the church yard.2. The dog disappears around a corner, she hears a creaking inside the church that makes her investigate inside.3. A shadow/ cloaked figure moves down the side of the wall and disappears.4. Girl calls out but no answer.5. Shadow/figure possesses her (use cuts to black, like in Cloverfield film trailer).6. Starts going mad (shown in black and white and using mirror effects) and is unaware of this state. She can’t remember when she’s normal.7. She starts killing her family (not necessarily shown in trailer).8. Starts to realise (using flashbacks), she sets up a hand held camera to record what’s happening.9. Seeks help to fight demon (from friend/sister).10. Realises she can’t and kills herself (left as a mystery: if it was her or the demon inside her). Narrative Ideas
• In Her Eyes• Through Her Eyes• Point Of View• Perspective• NightmaresWe need a title that gives away the idea of a killer’s point of view; so these titleideas portray this. It’s also unconventional to do this in a horror film and willtherefore attract more of an audience. On the other hand the title ‘Nightmares’suggests some of it is real and some is not; this can be worked out during thetrailer by the audience and perhaps attracting them more as they want to work it Title Ideasout.
1. Girl (the main character) - The Villain and the hero, the victim of possession (name: Madeleine Blackwell).Actress: Anna Self, studies drama at GSCE, 14 years old, fits in withthe normal image, innocent; these factors are conventional ofthriller/horror films.2. Sister/friend- Amy Blackwell, acts as the helper/friend (propstheory), is killed by Madeleine.Actress: me, actually sister of Anna, as Im playing her sister in thetrailer it will look more realistic.3. Extras- people in the background, around Cabot Circus and school. Characters
• Church (In Burnett)- where demon possesses Madeleine. A setting the audience can relate to and is an iconic location associated with fear.• Ellie’s house (big and in rural area)- where family deaths occur (not necessarily shown), Madeleine and Amy’s home.• Surrounding woods- where she could wake up from a killing, with blood down her front, or a chase.• An urban setting, Bristol Cabot Circus (somewhere with houses, roads and people)- normality, to make it relatable and real. More interesting as there’s a wider range of settings.• School- scene where Madeleine is with friends, goes crazy. Locations/Settings
Costumes• Simple, everyday wear (jeans and T-shirts), relevant for context. Makes it look real and believable which our research has shown to be important to horror/thriller, also conventional.Props• The dog is one of the main props, it allows the audience to relate to the characters, making it seem more realistic. Costumes And Props
Final Font:Final Title: Nightmares Final Title And Font
After chasing her dog into a church she should never have goneinto, Madeleine Blackwell’s life takes a turn for the strange. Shestarts having blackouts and terrifying, vivid nightmares that may notbe nightmares at all.Madeleine is lured into a church after her dog disappears, it’s theplace where the mysterious shadow will possess her. As her frenziesbegin, she has no memory of what happens when they finish. Sheends up destroying her family and friends. Her sister keeps hersecret, but when things get out of hand it ends up destroying her too.Her closest friend attempts to help as she begins to develop a memoryof what’s happening in her states of madness. But when the pennydrops she realises she can’t fight it any more and she takes her ownlife… or did the demon inside her? Final Narrative