Zipipop Freud Social Media Offerings September 2013Presentation Transcript
Main Oﬀerings & Case Studies
September 2013, Vaikutustoimisto Zipipop Freud Ltd.
We help companies to become more social by uniting
internal and external social media driven activities.
Zipipop Freud — combing social
media and communications
more loyal fans
better customer engagement
improved business collaboration
better motivation and recruitment
Some of our clients
How we could help you?
Zipipop’s client process overview
Channel selection and detailed training
Social media strategy and its implementation
Social media strategy
Organizing social media
Community Manager &
Social Media Team to
Initial team training
Initial social media
practices / competitors
Recommend rollout order (depending on organizational level of social media maturity)
Need a check up?
Social Media Review Workshop (2h)
The aim is to help management and the social media team to get up to
speed on the current potential of social media.
• The benefits of active social media engagement — both for the
organization and the individual (e.g. expert recognition)
• What kind of content works best in social media.
• Overview of the main social media guidelines.
• Introduction to the concept of content marketing — to explain how the
organization benefits from this activity.
• Outline of the publishing process:
• Collaboration space for sharing content ideas and seeking quick
checking/approval from colleagues.
Social media in support
of your business strategy
“Typical” social media strategy process
the client and
The aim of the social media strategy is to support the business strategy.
This workshop is designed to draw up (or progress) a initial social media strategy
together with the client.
The strategy is evolved though the answering of the following questions:
• Why is your brand in social media?
• Who is the audience?
• What is the audience expecting the brand to do/offer in social media?
• What does the brand want the audience to do in social media?
• What practices is needed to reach the goals?
• Resourcing, planning, etc.
There is no social media without content.
Interesting, entertaining and relevant content is what people share and discuss.
Therefore it is crucial to use the social media strategy to create a content plan.
What a Content Plan does:
• The content plan turns the social media strategy into clear practical steps.
• It gives a lose structure to develop and schedule content, while helping to
prepare the content producers for certain and predictable events.
• The goals and results of the social media plan should be checked regularly
(e.g. monthly or quarterly).
• Good planning gives continuity, helps make more effective use of resources,
and enhances the overall results.
• Content plans are created to cover 3 month periods (i.e. yearly quarters).
Content Strategy & Plan
We also offer
specific channel training
Social Media Channel Training Workshop
An overview of how best to use the main social media channels; or more detailed training on
It is usual to start with
Social media benchmarking means comparing an organization’s own
practices to others in similar or related industries.
The main aim is to learn about and adopt the social media best
It is usual to at least have a “rapid” benchmark done before the
strategy workshop — so that they can be better customized.
• To compare competitor activity
• To give a social media overview of your industry
• To give our strategy recommendations concrete reference points
that the client can easily identify with
Zipipop benchmarking process
4. Analyzing best
methods to analyze
Using keyword tools for
finding out what kind of
related topics people
Using link libraries and
website rankings to
cover all potential
Web traffic and
Why it is important
to start listening
Before you can start influencing in social media you need to start listening.
Social media monitoring workshop
In this workshop we will explain how best to use social media
monitoring services to achieve the following:
• Find out where your target audience is discussing online
• Observe if the discussions are generally positive or negative
• Discover and respond to relevant commenting
• Establish a process that enables swift responding
• Identify the key influencers regarding your brand
• Track the effect of social media campaigns
• Understand the role of the Community Manager & Social
Continued support to
help you find your feet
Our aim is to help build up an organizations internal capacity to manage
their own social media engagement.
The process, however, can take 1-3 years to reach maturity and during this
time Zipipop can offer support services to help get this running more
The type of assistance ranges from general ongoing advice to Community
Management support, e.g.:
• Online support via private collaboration space, e.g. Facebook Group,
Yammer, Confluence, etc (TEM)
• In-house support (Valio)
• Community Management assistance via (ITIS, L&T, Trube)
Interesting case studies
Valio in social media
Zipipop has been working as Valio’s social
media partner since 2009
Zipipop’s role at Valio
• Social media training
• Social media: marketing, competitions,
• Facebook, YouTube, and Blog strategy
• Implementing collaborative consumer
Zipipop implemented a collaborative
consumer panel service Valioraati for Valio
Zipipop implemented the
Facebook strategies for
Content plan for the Maitoa
OSKE (TEM) Social collaboration
OSKE’s own outcome statements:
• Greater information sharing and
• Cluster board meetings are far more
productive and innovative as they can
be prepared with online communicating
in Yammer and Google documents.
• Face-to-face meetings among
community members have been
reduced significantly; this means
savings in time, money and natural
• The governance of the community is
much more easier than before; OSKE
Secretariat can contact over 200 people
without any heavy email sending, etc.
• Clusters and project participants have
been able to easily adapt the platform
for their individual projects.
• Helped develop blog strategy
• Provided blog usage and best practices
• Created customized user manual
• Provide ticketed support
Skanska Finnish external
Skanska InTouchNordic Blog
The Nordic IT unit of the global construction company wanted an internal blog to
help unite its recently merged national IT departments.
Strategic aims for the InTouchNordic blog:
• Improve internal communication in general
• All the employees should have a better awareness of what is happening
within the organization
• A channel for management to link the strategic direction to the everyday
activities of the IT organization
• Cross-team knowledge sharing, understanding and interaction
• Motivating employees by highlighting good work and sharing best practices
• Workshop on
• Initiated the
internal use of
• Internal online survey
• Internal collaboration social media
• Yammer training workshop
• Outline strategy co-developed online
together with Social Media Steering
Group, using Yammer External Network
and collaborative Pages
• Finnish trial underway with multiple
networks & some international external
Yammer networks in place
Zokem concept analysis
• Analyzed offerings from a social media perspective
• Identify their mobile analytics as key USP
• Advised move way from automated social media statuses
to focus on the mobile analytics
• New approach helped in securing 2 million euros in
July 2011 Zokem was
bought by Arbitron Inc.
for $11.7 million in cash
Managing the community on ITIS
• Zipipop works together with ITIS
(shopping centre) via a closed Facebook
group to manage their Facebook page.
• The Zipipop provided Community
Manager helps with:
• The content and takes care of the
• Makes suggestions about page posts
and releases the posts
• Follows discussion on the page and
reacts if necessary
The Zipipop Freud Team
The Zipipop Freud Team
Zipipop is the oldest social media agency in Finland (established 2007).
All our consultants have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working
professionally with social media.
And since the merger Vaikutustomisto Freud in March 2013, we now have
three senior consultants each having worked for over 15 years in areas
related to communications, marketing and advertising.
What people say about us
“In the niras.fi network we have a lively
communication going on and Yammer has
become a steady part of our working
habits. Your help has been instrumental
in setting up Niras social media
— Klaus Talvela (Deputy Managing
“The social media policies introduced by
Zipipop have already improved our
communication and collaboration processes.
Although many of the participants had no
previous experience using social media,
Zipipop’s training has enabled them to fully
engage with the new technologies.”
— Riikka Pelikka (OSKE, Head of
“Zipipop has been involved in helping TDC
on a fascinating journey into the social
media world. We have received valuable
guidance that has speeded up the process
considerably and has helped us to stay on
the right path.”
— Esa Parjanen (TDC Finland, CEO)
“We really enjoy working with Zipipop and
we appreciate their professionalism
combined with the high-level of creativity
and true passion for social media.”
— Maria Soini (Borenius & Kemppinen,
“You have done an amazing job with us. I
must say that this is something that we
definitely had to do at this stage, and later
might have been too late.”
— Meri Kupiainen (Zokem Marketing Director
Iso Roobertinkatu 39
+358 50 5252173
+358 45 11 222 73