CREATE A SHIPMENT
1. Logon to www.fedex.com/in and enter the username and password in the fields provided.
2. We don’t have to make any changes to “I want to” field.
3. “Create a Shipment” page opens once we logon. We need to fill different sections on this page to schedule a
4. The first section is “From”. Pick up address will be here by default.
5. If pick-up needs to happen from a different location, address can be changed and saved by clicking on “Edit”.
6. Address of the recipient comes here, in the “To” field. We just need to fill the mandatory fields (star *
marked), throughout the sheet.
7. Now it’s time to fill the “Package and Shipment details”.
8. We can select the date and number of packages accordingly. Then we need to fill the weight of the
package. Please note that the unit is in KGSs and hence if the weight is 500 gms, 0.5 should be entered.
9. Post this we need to select “products/commodities” as package content and then we have to select the
shipment purpose. The choice here completely depends upon the kind of shipment we are scheduling.
10. These are the options that we need to select under “Package and Shipment details”, in case of COD shipments.
1. Shipment purpose as “ Commercial”
2. The invoice value entered is the amount collected from the customers, so make sure it’s correct.
3. Service type as “Standard Overnight”
11. “Billing details” details would by default be selected as “ZEPOCOD-733”; however we do need to select “your
reference as “your company name – COD”.
12. Making changes to “Special services” is necessary in case of COD shipments. We need to click on “edit” to
access the options.
13. Select “service features” as “COD” from the dropdown.
14. After we have selected COD, “collection type” and “Return address” fields would appear. We need to select
“cash” as collection type and check if your address is correctly mentioned under return address.
15. Select “Schedule a pick up” under “Pick-up/Drop-off” section.
NOTE: Make sure we are also changing the address here if we have used a different pick-up address and not
the default one.
16. We can add e-mail address to receive notifications at under “E-mail notification” section. It’s optional.
NOTE: Don’t forget to click on “edit” on “Rates and Transit Times” to calculate the applicable charges.
17. If all looks fine, click on “continue” to continue.
18. On the next page we need to “Add commodity detail”. To do that choose “Add new commodity” from “select
or create” option.
19. Choose the appropriate options here:
1. Select “unit of measure “ as “kilograms” from the drop down.
2. Select the “quantity” as 1 if it’s a single package.
3. Country of manufacture would be “India”
20. Once done click on “Add this commodity”
21. Now we just need to select the added commodity from the “Commodity information” section.
22. Ignore all the alerts on the page and click on “Ship” to create the shipment.
23. Once you have clicked on ship, the system will display all the details that we have entered for the
24. After the confirmation a label would be generated. Don’t forget to take a print out of this label. Need to
hand it over to pick-up guy.
25. Please make a note of the booking id, which is an alphanumeric number and gets displayed at the top of
the page on the label. (E.X.– GUX19)