2. Digital Citizenship?• Digital Citizenship is used to help prepare upcoming generations to live in a world of technology.• The purpose is to teach these generations not only how to use technology but how to use it properly.
3. Digital Access• Society allowed to view anything with equal access.• The ability to view anything on the internet without restrictions.
4. Example/Summary• Digital Access is all about spreading equal viewing privileges to anyone that used technology.• If someone is trying to find a picture for a research project in school and its blocked by the schools computer admin then that is a restriction of digital access.
5. Digital Commerce• The trade of goods through digital means.• Digital Commerce has made buying needed items so much easier by having everything easily browsable on the internet.
6. Example/Summary• Digital Commerce not only allows people to buy important items such as food online but it also gives access to the more restricted things online such as drugs or pornography.• Someone can go online and buy a warm fleece for the winter but could also be buying marijuana in a different tab.
7. Digital Communication• Information being exchanged through the digital world.• The ability to communicate over the internet with people from all over the world.
8. Example/Summary• Digital Communication is not only a good tool for reaching friends and family but it has become a negative tool for use of bullying online or "CyberBullying".• Someone goes on Facebook only to get a threatening message in their inbox from someone they dont know. Someone goes on Facebook to talk to a long lost friend from Elementary school.
9. Digital Literacy• Teaching how to use the most modern tools of technology to stay up to date with fast changing styles.• As new technology comes out, adaption needs to happen as fast as possible to not be left behind.
10. Example/Summary• For Digital Literacy to work teachers have to not only teach their students the newest piece of technology but they also have to be well versed in it themselves.• If the newest version of Microsoft Word came out in the beginning of a school year then the teachers should be educating kids on how to use the new version instead of one they themselves are familiar with.
11. Digital Etiquette• The correct way to act while on the internet.• A set of rules made to prevent bad behavior on the internet.
12. Example/Summary• Most people feel that because they are on the World Wide Web that they can act however they want to other people.• For Digital Etiquette to work people have to enforce it wherever they see fit.• Someone goes online only to be trashed in a chat room where they cant do anything about it.
13. Digital Law• The idea of the same rules we live by in real life being placed upon the internet.• Things such as downloading music that isnt paid for, phishing for emails, hacking bank accounts are all considered illegal activity on the internet and can be punished as such.
14. Example/Summary• Digital Law falls on the idea of internet ethics where there is a set of things that if done online can be punished in the real world.• Someone opens an email from a person they supposedly know and then days later their computer has a virus or all their files and gone and their identity stolen. This is an example of Phishing an email and hacking the computer.
15. Digital Rights & Responsibilities• A set of freedoms given to anyone who accesses the internet.• These set how the internet should be used as well as ethics.
16. Example/Summary• Digital Rights and Responsibilities can be taken away if used for malicious means such as taking someones identity, etc.• Someone who goes on the internet and enters facebook has the right to post whatever they want as long as it is ethical.
17. Digital Health & Wellness• The ability to know when to stop being on the computer and take break for your own health.• Knowing the dangers to your health when using a computer.
18. Example/Summary• Knowing what is dangerous on the internet and what using a computer too much can do to your health is all a part of Digital Health & Wellness.• Someone plays an internet game too much and fails class because of their computer addiction.
19. Digital Security(self-protection)• To set up protection from hackers and other malicious people on the internet.• Being able to browse the internet safely without worry of criminal activity.
20. Example/Summary• Digital security is one of the most important things when browsing the internet.• If the security is breached then someones entire life can be turned around.• Someone doesnt use an online anti-virus and gets three trojans and loses all their files.