1. “Life is not measured by the
number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments
that take our breath away”
2. • Taking the audience on an
journey beyond the movie
• A journey that goes from moment
moment in someone’s life
3. Robert Pratten
CEO & Founder, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd
4. The film business is dead.
Long live filmmaking.
5. The Internet and Mobile Revolution
6. The audience has moved on
7. • Zack Braff
• Rob Thomas
• Spike Lee
Spread, Attention and Credibility
MEASURE & MONITOR
provide building blocks
What will the audience do? How will they be engaged?
Marketing budget = $0
Production budget = $500
Total Net Kindle Revenue (2011) = $1748
Total shipments on Kindle Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011 =
972 (retail price at Amazon.com $2.94)
• Number of people connecting to Lauren Ortega on
email = 83 = 9% of total sales
• Video views of Episode 1 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011)
18. Nb: “video views” used as simple proxy for trend of social media activity. Wasn’t the sole activity also
included email, Twitter, Facebook etc.