2. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM ANKARA, 2007
3. ÒTourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 and Activity Plan for Tourism Strategy of Turkey 2007-2013Ó dated28/02/2007 and numbered 2007/4, has been approved by the High (supreme) Planning Commission, andhas been put in to fence after its publication in Official Journal dated 02/03/2007 and numbered 26450.For its use in publications and references with proper citation of the source of information, permissionof the T.R. Ministry of Culture and Tourism is not required. This publication is available at the full tekstof the publication is available at www.kulturturizm.gov.tr in full content upon request and can be acquiredfrom the Ministry of Culture and Tourism,T.R. Ministry of Culture and TourismThe General Directorate of Investment and EstablishmentsIsmet Inonu Boulevard No: 5 06100 Emek - AnkaraTel: +90.312. 212 83 00 Fax: +90.312. 212 83 97www.kulturturizm.gov.trPublication Number: T.R. Ministry of Culture and Tourism Publications -3090ISBN 978-975-17-3281-1
4. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023
5. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM Towards a happier Turkey at the 100th anniversary of the foundation of our republicÉ
6. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM INDEX IINDEX IABBREVIATIONS IV1. INTRODUCTION - Executive Summary 12. TURKISH TOURISM TOWARD NEW HORIZONS 2.1. Vision 4 2.2. Actions to Realise the Vision 53. STRATEGIES FOR STRENGTHENING THE TOURISM INDUSTRY 3.1 Planning 6 ¥ Strategy 6 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 7 ¥ Towards the objectives 8 3.2 Investment 9 ¥ Strategy 9 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 9 ¥ Towards the objectives 10 3.3 Organization 11 ¥ Strategy 11 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 11 ¥ Towards the objectives 11
7. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 3.4 Domestic Travel 15II ¥ Strategy 15 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 15 ¥ Towards the objectives 16 3.5 Research and Development 17 ¥ Strategy 17 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 18 ¥ Towards the objectives 18 3.6 Transportation and Infrastructure Strategy 19 ¥ Strategy 19 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 20 ¥ Towards the objectives 21 3.7 Marketing and Promotion Strategy 23 ¥ Strategy 23 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 24 ¥ Towards the objectives 26 3.8 Education Strategy 27 ¥ Strategy 27 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 28 ¥ Towards the objectives 28
8. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 3.9 Strategy of Service Quality 30 ¥ Strategy 30 III ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 32 ¥ Towards the objectives 33 3.10 Strategy of City Branding 34 ¥ Strategy 34 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 35 ¥ Towards the objectives 35 3.11 Strategy of Tourism Diversification 36 ¥ Strategy 36 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 36 ¥ Towards the objectives 39 3.12 Regions to Host Rehabilitation Efforts for Tourism Areas 44 ¥ Strategy 44 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 44 ¥ Towards the objectives 45 3.13 Tourisim Development Zones 45 ¥ Strategy 45 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 45 ¥ Towards the objectives 46
9. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 3.14 Tourism Development Corridors 51Ýv ¥ Strategy 51 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 51 ¥ Towards the objectives 51 3.15 Tourism Cities 55 ¥ Strategy 55 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 55 ¥ Towards the objectives 55 3.16 Ecotourism Zones 56 ¥ Strategy 56 ¥ Objectives for the year 2023 56 ¥ Towards the objectives 57 4. IMPLEMENTATION OF TURKEY TOURISM STRATEGY 4.1 Corporate Structuring and Governance 58 4.2 Action Planning 60 4.3 Monitoring and Evaluation 61 CONCEPTUAL ACTION PLAN 62
10. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM1. INTRODUCTION tourism, winter sports, mountain climbing and layout 1 tourism, adventure trips, plateau tourism and(EXECUTIVE SUMMARY) ecotourism, conference and expo tourism, cruiseTourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 is an effort that ship and yacht tourism, golf tourism and etc.aims at providing extensions to management and However, it is yet hard to say that this potential isimplementation of strategic planning efforts and used in a rational manner. Therefore, the Tourismboosting the cooperation between public and private Strategy of Turkey - 2023 and the Action Plan forsectors of tourism with reference to the principle of 2013 collectively target wiser use of natural, cultural,ÒgovernanceÓ. Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 and historical and geographical assets that this CountryAction Plan prepared with a participative planning has, with a balanced perspective addressing bothperspective have the primary objective of guiding conservation and utilization needs spontaneouslythe tourism and travel industry at production and in an equitable sense and hence leveraging themanagement and implementation phases, by putting share of our country from tourism business, byforth a roadmap for the sector. This approach which evolving these possible alternatives.formed the basis for efforts within the scope of Handling the aforesaid sources of tourism so as toTourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 allows for improving form tourism corridors, cities and ecotourism areasitself not on an individual landplot but regional basis alongside the development axes rather than planningwithin a guiding rather than imperative and dynamic them on a plot scale is considered a more appropriaterather than static framework. approach to promote these assets and determiningThe Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 study is in line the criteria applicable to their utilization. By doingwith the objectives of the 9th Development Scheme so, the attractiveness of regions with tourism(covering the period between 2007 and 2013). The potential shall further be enhanced with alternativeScheme has this statement that says, "A Tourism types of tourism.Industry Master Plan shall be drafted down to ensure With this study, those investors planning tosustainable and healthy development of the tourism accomplish tourism related projects along thesector". The efforts covered herein are pursued to tourism development axes the evolvement of whichachieve this objective. is anticipated at the onset, should find theOur country has several unique opportunities for opportunity to actualize their investments in thesedifferent types of tourism compiled under the areas, by using of coastal tourism or other alternativecategory of alternative tourism, which include, in tourism types. In the mean time, they will be entitledaddition to coastal tourism, health and thermal to a number of government incentives granted in
11. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM terms of planning, land allocation and with respect back-shore and adjacent areas,2 to tourism projects. ¥ Deficient Infrastructure and environmental Forthwith the realization of the objectives envisaged problems. by the Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023, more In an effort to convert this adverse structure into a appealing and stronger alternative destinations and positive, favourable one, an integrated policy and routes shall be established, thanks to integrated strategy and application based approaches are being rather than individual assessment of various sites set within the scope of Tourism Strategy of Turkey and settlements that pose significance for health, - 2023. thermal and plateau tourism, winter and mountain sports and for their cultural heritage, distributed The study embodies planning and development throughout our country. Establishment of a sound efforts built on a land development pattern tourism route and regional destination will help perspective that encourages private sector achievement of setting relatively weaker settlements investments on a regional scale in areas with high within such regions on a self strengthening course, tourism potential at coastal banks, to eventually end along with their own cultural assets, handicrafts, up in "Tourism Cities". This way, it shall be possible catering and temporary accommodation facilities. to plan not only the coastal lines but also the backshore areas and even settlements neighbouring The tourism and travel industry shall be organized them as a single and comprehensive whole and thus from a single and common viewpoint on a per to improve tourism diversity and optimize and destination basis, throughout the promotion and transform existing settlements. These policies are marketing phases, by which way, it shall be possible of vast significance for tourism and travel industry to assess and then balance various regional to maintain a sustainable course of development. investment, promotional and marketing opportunities, as a whole. The study for the Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 proposes a variety of long term strategies in the Developments towards mass tourism activities and realms of planning, investment, organization, particularist approaches to tourism planning in domestic tourism, research and development (R&D), Turkey have led to: Services, Strengthening Transportation and ¥ Mass concentration at the Mediterranean and Infrastructure, Promotion and Marketing, Education, Aegean Coastal areas, Branding at City Level, Diversification of Tourism Products, Rehabilitation of Existing Tourism Areas ¥ Distorted urban development / house-building in and Improvement of Destinations.
12. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMIn the planning section, the study highlights the fact number of propositions on establishments to assume 3that tourism industry needs to be backed by a full responsibility for research and developmentstrategy-planning concept, which has the qualities efforts in the field of tourism at national level duringfor flexibility, transparency, accountability, the forthcoming years, with a suggestive notion ofparticipation throughout the management and their probable duties.implementation phases and for sustainable growth. In the Quality of Services section, highlight is broughtThe section dealing with investments generally upon the urgent requirement for raising awarenessaddresses such concerns as certification of among decision makers in continuous education,investment and consulting companies in the tourism customer satisfaction and Total Quality Managementindustry, having prospered in fulfilling a certain set concepts in the tourism industry and significance ofof standards on quality of services or the need for standardizing and certifying professionalannual incentive systems specific for the region and qualifications.the type of tourism activity, after suggesting thatVAT discounts will accelerate investments in this The section dealing with Strengtheningindustrial discipline. Transportation and Infrastructure indicates that a developing infrastructure along with diversifiedThe organization part anticipates the establishment modes and means of transportation should beof councils at national, regional, city and destination considered as a sine qua non for the developmentlevels, to provide and activate a good governance and diversification of tourism activities and discussespractice for the industry. At this context, it stresses the significance of attempts toward various practicesthe significance of drafting a set of legal and that would bring the private sector to the forefrontorganizational arrangements which would allow for while minimizing costs on the part of the public inthe development and deployment of such service these areas of concern.functions as National Tourism certification, DomesticTourism Search and Guidance and Tourism Education While the promotions and marketing sectionGuidance services, as an integral part and within the highlights significance of promotional campaigns,organizational structure of the Ministry of Culture brand communications and image creation, theand Tourism. As for the Domestic Tourism Strategy, education part lays impetus on the active role thatthis section focuses primarily on compilation of Ministry of Culture and Tourism would have to playstatistical data and and on promotional campaigns for optimization of the quality of formative trainingfor domestic travel, in a general perspective. classes and courses rendered at various educational institutions and guidance on educational schemesThe section dealing with R&D efforts presents a
13. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM and syllabi at higher decision-making levels motorways, fast train tracks, airports, cruise ship and4 addressing both qualitative and quantitative aspects, yacht marinas and etc, in order to improve the quality along with improvement of the existent skills and of transportation while enhancing the means of qualities of industrial actors, through continuous transportation to new destinations. education. Predictions propose that 63 million travellers shall The part dealing with branding at city level defines be attracted, yielding a US$ 86 m overall international efforts to be pursued for cities that have already tourism receipt, and about US$ 1350 average revenue become a brand in tourism and for cultural tourism, per international tourist by 2023, when the efforts in our country. foreseen under the strategic approaches of Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 can be pursued and the The section concentrating on diversification of infrastructure and accommodation needs are fulfilled tourism types sorts out and performs a case-by-case prosperously within the regions to be developed. analysis of the types of tourism that takes top priority on the development schemes in the future (i.e. health and thermal tourism, winter sports, golf tourism, coastal tourism, ecotourism and plateau tourism, 2. TURKISH TOURISM TOWARD conference and expo tourism). NEW HORIZONS There is a persistent thematic and guiding approach 2.1. VISION in the sections dealing with Tourism Development Areas, Tourism Corridors, Tourism Cities and With the adoption of sustainable tourism Ecotourism Zones. This approach mainly aims at approach tourism and travel industry will routing the public and private sector sources toward the top priority tourism development areas. In the be brought to a leading position for leveraging context of these sections, nine tourism development rates of employment and regional areas, seven thematic corridors, ten tourism cities development and it will be ensured that and five ecotourism zones are being proposed. Again, these sections discuss on how, where and on which Turkey becomes a world brand in tourism criteria the alternative tourism types might be and a major destination in the list of the top developed both at national and regional levels. five countries receiving the highest number Suggestions are also being made for a wide range of tourist and highest tourism revenues by of alternative modes of transportation, including 2023.
14. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM2.2. ACTIONS TO REALISE THE VISION ¥ To make both domestic and international 5 promotions and marketing efforts effective,¥ To contribute to the objective of sustainabledevelopment by eliminating the interregional ¥ To ensure integration of various types of tourismdifferences in levels of development specific to region or locality, thus establish tourism cities with focus on alternative tourism (health,¥ To help increase the competitiveness of the thermal, golf, winter sports, nature trips and etc.),tourism sector through creation of re-gional tourism capable of offering an ample variety of tourismbrands rather than relying upon cheaper products facilities, along with such utilities as health, education¥ To reconsider and plan the existing tourism and etc.,sites within a sustainability perspective and thus ¥ To create tourism products based on touristcreate high quality, viable environments, profile,¥ To support the social and economic objectives ¥ To use tourism as an effective tool for fosteringof central government with tourism development, social and economic development of backward¥ To support tourism development with regions and disadvantaged groups,sustainable environmental policies, ¥ To alleviate the burden on public by¥ To strengthen international cooperation, encouraging active involvement of private sector¥ To harmonize sectoral development policies enterprises in tourism infrastructure andand targets with those of national development transportation projects,schemes, ¥ To ensure that appropriate governance¥ To closely trace global trends and demands mechanisms are used, in which central and localand build up plans and conduct practices accordingly, government and civil actors can collaborate and cooperate in decision-making processes concerning¥ To develop tourism with in a multi-functional tourism,approach, by focusing on destinations, ¥ To ensure coordination between central and¥ To extend the season throughout the year by local governments and integral treatment ofdiversifying tourism products, managerial organization and means of financing,¥ To promote tourism and raise awareness in within an integral planning approach when draftingpublic, private companies and NGOs especially on down plans on tourism,ecotourism, plateau and agricultural tourism, ¥ To enhance labour quality with instructional
15. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM courses on Tourism and to enforce the effective regions and axes that are promising from the angle6 operation of a sector specific certification system, of tourism activities and of investment feasibility should be determined in culturally attractive areas. ¥ Helping infrastructure related and environmental problems occurring at locations where Tourism shall be used as a sound planning and tourism activities get denser be solved with joint implementation tool for efforts dedicated to efforts and contribution of local governments and elimination of regional inequalities, alleviation of private sector enterprises, poverty and development of employment opportunities, also during the coming years. At this ¥ To provide full support for extraordinary end, assurance shall be provided for coherence across accommodation facilities brought into tourists investments to be made by various entities. service, by conserving the regional architectural assets. To ensure development of tourism activities both at national and regional levels is an objective that is attainable only when top priority regions and areas 3. STRATEGIES FOR are determined according to not only the sector specific plans worked out by the Ministry of Culture STRENGTHENING THE TOURISM and Tourism but also the macro policies evolved INDUSTRY and institutionalised in national development 3.1 PLANNING schemes prepared by the State Planning Organization and the required sets of infrastructure projects STRATEGY appertaining to these areas are included in the investment schedules of relevant entities and "To exhibit a planning approach that organizations. supports economic growth, is physically The novel planning approach for Tourism Centres applicable and socially oriented and fairly and Cultural and Tourism Conservation and reflects the principle of sustainable tourism." Development Areas mainly adopts a flexible and In order for a region to be proclaimed as a Culture strategic planning concept, which is built upon and Tourism Conservation and Development Region actions rather than strict land use decisions and and as a tourism center, a tourism development targets an integrated and dynamic structure. In these scenario should be worked out in the first place and areas, the project sites are further divided into then the target groups should be defined accordingly, subzones, so that planning takes place and the
16. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMinvestors are expected to set up individual projects development areas in any given locality, while in the 7of their own. Cultural and Tourism Conservation and mean time a systematic structuring is assuredDevelopment Zoning is not simply a border lining through solution proposals for tenancy, infrastructureprocess, but is meant to involve such other procedural and environmental concerns.flows as planning and segmentation of land within Planning of tourism industry, especially tourismthe so set boundaries, true to a predefined set of oriented physical planning should be supported bytargets and requirements. all available organizational models, alternative meansOBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 of funding and a sound legal framework. In this context, an effective policy should:- The current lack of a physical planning practice willbe overcome by means of various regulatory 1. reroute all tourism investments toward reducingarrangements to set out and implement coordination. the imbalances of welfare and development imbalances throughout the country and treat them- An integrated approach shall be adopted and with an approach that safeguards, conserves andmaintained for planning efforts in areas with high improves the natural, historical, cultural and sociallocal tourism potential, instead of a problem-focused environment,conception of planning. 2. broaden the base of participation in social,- The fragmented and plot based planning practice cultural and artistic events and propagate the notionshall be discontinued and tourism cities with of development,remarkable global competitive power should beestablished. 3. reveal and expose, primarily with scientific studies, the cultural and artistic values and heritage- Technical personnel support will be provided for and create a community awareness on these assets,entities and organizations bearing the authority toapprove plans at local level and thus the development 4. relating the tourism industrys development withof tourism shall be directed. market facts in order to help a healthy structuring and increased productivity,- Provisions shall be made for establishment ofparticipative mechanisms such as Local Agenda No. 5. Respond to both the rehabilitation needs of the21, with the local councils becoming functional in investment environment and the ever changing globala given neighborhood. Promising areas where trends and contemporary demands,organized tourism activities can easily be developed 6. Conserve and use natural resources in the mostshall be of preference when selecting tourism economically and ecologically sustainable way,
17. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 7. realize such organization and funding models 12. envisage development of tourism settlements8 that do not pose any financial burden on public and that possess environment and organizational widen comprehensively organized and integrated structuring at an acceptable level of quality, projects at regional and local levels, 13. present a fully total quality criteria compliant 8. make use of tourism sources in a sense of service in the fields of environment, transportation, conservation and balanced development, avoiding accommodation, culture, history and arts, prevent to exceed their carrying capacities, irregular urban development and sprawl and restore readily deformed city and urban spots, and 9. develop an "area management" model that accounts for an understanding of tourism, which 14. finally solve infrastructure and environmental focuses on historical, cultural and artistic assets, problems arising in regions where tourism namely assets- based tourism or destination based movements get denser in close cooperation with tourism development instead of a hotel or other local governments and contributions of infrastructure mass accommodation facility based one, by virtue users. of both current and future regulatory arrangements TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES and that responds fully to the demands and expectations of the local public and that enlivens, Planning with focus on Destination protects and produces multiple activities and assets, Studies which concern development of tourism also making positive contributions to employment, facilities in specialized tourism areas will be 10. avoid causing any adverse affects on nature, conducted. In the planning of tourism development culture and social structure, make sound areas, by local governments it shall be essential to contributions to economic growth with foreign consult with Companies engaged with developing exchange receipt and employment dimensions, and directing investments in the tourism industry, organize the demand, create the grounds needed for beholding valid and legitimate licenses issued by further development of tourism industry and produce the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, for specialised integrated, self-implementing projects, opinions, insofar as the most effective use of the 11. not place the burden of social and technical already limited tourism sources is intended. At this infrastructure projects on public, but provide the context, the impetus will have to be laid upon sufficient grounds on which the funding needs of arranging a provision that licensing of such the same can be supplied jointly by users and companies are to be handled by the Ministry of beneficiaries, on a shared basis, Culture and Tourism, by making relevant
18. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMamendments in the contexts of the Tourism 3.2. INVESTMENT 9Encouragement Law and the Law governing theEstablishment and Duties of the Ministry of Culture STRATEGYand Tourism. Thus, sureties shall safely be placed To boost tourism investments by designingfor improvement of the quality of services at shortand medium terms at the project development phase. incentive schemes that would make tourism investment projects economically feasibleStrategic Planning and viable.A flexible and strategic planning approach shall bedeveloped and adopted, that equally addresses Tourism areas are among the most common areasorganizational modeling, funding alternatives and of investment that receive support and a wide varietylegal grounds, avoids placing the burden of social of incentives globally.and technical infrastructure works completely on the Therefore, certain measures shall be taken withpublic but, rather distributing it among users and respect to tourism development and certainbeneficiaries, provides means for the establishment incentives shall be granted for the industry.of well organized high quality tourism campuses and In order to recapture the investment rates of 1990s,conserves and uses natural resources in the incentives will be granted, that would render tourismecologically and economically best productive way, investment projects more feasible. Yet the termswith a perspective of diversity. and conditions, regional characteristics andPhysical plans shall consist of a written report and enforcement durations are to be set out on analyticala main schematics on which the basic development studies, annually.routes are earmarked. These plans shall be used forgeneration of strategic decisions relating not only OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023to land use but also to all other aspects including - Certain incentives will be offered to the industry inphysical environment, employment, social services, general, with a view to retrieve sectors contributionsorganization etc. to the national economy, - Efforts shall be commenced for obtaining support within the framework of IPA Program (IPA - Instrument for Pre accession Assistance) of the European Communities, in the tourism sector.
19. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM - Adjustments shall be made in the taxation regime - The investor shall be provided with more design10 so as to allow access to this support by not only opportunities, based on the tourism cities approach tourism accommodation facilities but also travel aiming at strategic planning, in time of land agencies which confronts the very definition of Small allocations. and Medium Scale Enterprises. - Long term loaning facilities with low interest - Means shall be provided to ensure investment by reimbursement capabilities shall be provided to foreign direct capital in our countrys tourism industry. tourism operators for replenishing and renovating their tourism complexes. - The short term renovation needs of the tourism accomodation shall be covered. Eliminating the Bureaucratic Barriers - Policies specific to promotion and marketing shall The Investment Support Agency shall be strengtened be developed as specific for promotion and as a central organization to issue all kinds of marketing, concomitant with the granting of investment permissions to provide ease for foreign incentives on investments in the field of tourism. investors in possession of title to property and making - Investments at regions off the coastal lines shall investments within our country, as part of the ultimate be encouraged through engineering of projects that objective of attracting foreign direct capital for allows for diversification and spreading of tourism investments. activities throughout the entire year and across the Certification of Companies country. Companies willing to pursue activities in the tourism - Sectoral grant mechanisms shall be developed at industry, on such specialty domains as investment local level, depending on the level of sophistication counseling and consulting services to add on quality and top priority tourism types (cultural tours, thermal and progress rates of projects in the field of tourism tourism and winter sports). shall be certified by the Ministry of Culture and TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES Tourism. Incentives - The amounts, terms, regional characteristics and enforcement durations of incentives shall be determined yearly, through detailed studies.
20. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM3.3. ORGANIZATION OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 11STRATEGY The Ministry of Culture an Tourism intends to assume a more effective role in attaining diversity in tourism"To achieve institutionalization through activities and directing the same to local governmentscouncils to be established at national, and private industries, as the ultimate decision- making body in area management, by developingregional, provincial and local levels within and furthering its relations with local administrations.the context of Good Governance, to ensure Tourism Encouragement Law and Law governing thefull and active participation of tourism sector Foundation and Duties of the Ministry of Cultureas well as all related public and private and Tourism shall be amended so as to reflect theentities and NGOs in relevant decision- principle of governance.making processes". The resultant organizational structure will embody various institutions formed with participation ofThe overall success of tourism and travel industry representatives from public and private sector entitiesdepends on the ability to set up and implement an and NGOs, which will grab the wheel to steer theeffective management organization. For this reason, industry, always assuming full and sole responsibilityan effective organization will be established in both against the public and private sector and civil society.area and institutional management, in the sector. Having been formed and set operative on national,New arrangements are needed in the tourism industry regional, provincial and local scales, these structureswhich will provide dynamism to the sector while at shall then transform into Councils.the same time minimizing the vulnerability of thetourism sector to international crises. Such TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVESformations will be structured with close cooperation Legal Arrangements for the Establishment ofof public and private sector enterprises and NGOs.For the purpose, a challenge for institutional New Institutional Structurestructuring shall be taken, with a view to direct the The set of revisions required for formation of Tourismtourism and travel industry. In such institutional Councils shall also be made in the context of thestructuring, impetus shall be laid upon efforts Law governing the Foundation and Duties of thededicated to coordinate the macrolevel policies of Ministry of Culture and Tourism.public and private sector unions, in accordance withprivate sectors expectations.
21. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM12 New Role of Ministry of Culture and Tourism ¥ Finally a National Tourism Databank Unit, to in Development of Tourism Industry render efforts dedicated to harvesting and retrieving, processing and evaluating statistical data, field ¥ The Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall pursue research and findings and measurements about efforts as the sole and ultimate body responsible for tourism and travel industry. the planning of areas with tourism potential and land segments that it chooses as appropriate areas Formation of Councils to ensure for to host tourism developments. Coordination across the Tourism Industry ¥ The Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall assume at National and Regional Levels full and ultimate responsibility for setting up and National Tourism Council : implementing legal arrangements, plans, policies and projects that would direct the tourism industry This organisation shall be led and managed by a also in the fields of marketing and promotion, board of executives consisting of 15 to 20 members education and R&D. qualified to represent all shareholders in the industry. As at the beginning, the Council is anticipated to ¥ The Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall set up receive participation by a delegation of 3 and implement a National Tourism Certification representatives of Ministry of Culture & Tourism, 1 Body, to develop certain standards in the field of representative of State Planning Organisation, a tourism following a careful categorisation and group of 7 representatives from Tourism industry, determine the rules as per which practical 1 representative of labour organisations and implementation shall take place for realisation of 2 representatives of Non-Governmental enterprises, and Organisations. As and when it deems necessary or ¥ A domestic Tourism Research and Steering desirable, the Council may send invitations to Committee, which shall conduct studies on all kinds persons, entities and organisations that have expert of research, analysis and policy-making aspects of knowledge or engagement in areas not particularly domestic travel, and covered by its permanent membership, to join its sessions as temporary members to properly include ¥ A Tourism Education Steering Committee, which their expert views and opinions in relevant shall host efforts dedicated to determining the discussions. Therefore, the criteria for qualification outlines, content and strategies of policies on both and election of councilors include, among others, formal and informal education in the discipline of the following: tourism, and
22. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM¥ Possession of in-depth knowledge and experience education consistent with the strategy to 13in tourism and travel industry, progressively improve human resources and coordinate technical assistance and know-how to be¥ Accommodation of skills for academic and supplied to these entities for the purpose,analytical thinking and ability to competently settourisms macro policies, and lastly, ¥ Perform research and compile and prepare data that will be used by Ministry of Culture & Tourism¥ Accumulation of appropriate level of knowledge as input in the tourism policy making process.required to harmonize tourism policies with nationalpolicies and programs run by other industrial sectors. ¥ Perform analyses backed by plainly visible and measurable criteria for consistency assessments ofThe duties of the National Tourism Council (NTC) tourism policies in effect and brief the Ministry ofwill mainly consist of the following: Culture & Tourism on the resultant findings,¥ Create a brand on national, regional and local ¥ Put up suggestions to guide practical conduct ofscales and coordinate efforts dedicated to marketing Ministry in case of a crisis management, for puttingof tourism areas and co-development of industrial odds out of the way,activity, consistent with the peculiar characteristicsof these areas. ¥ Act as an opinion raising, idea forming entity for the councilors that also provides technical assistance.¥ Make all necessary arrangements to ensure thatpositive impacts of tourism are also benefited bythe fellow citizens of the country, in line with the When it deems necessary, the Council will carry outdevelopment of domestic tourism and present its work through subcommittees that it shall formknowledge and advise to the Ministry, useful for up and these committees will be responsible todevelopment of policies ad hoc for the purpose, determine programs at local level and to notify the Council board of executives of their program¥ Set out the minimum quality standards applicable decisions. These committees may be dissolved onto accommodation facilities, products and labour in successfully delivering the pilot research activitiestourism and travel industry, and project related assignments originally entrusted¥ Render efforts for further diversification and to them. In an other way of speaking, thesecontinuous quality improvement of the tourism committees shall form up as ad hoc workgroupsproduct dedicated to a certain work or project.¥ Support business enterprises with in-service
23. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM14 Developing Tourism Councils capable of private sectors in terms of funding and consultation representing all parties in a City, to attain and assume the role of a body intermediary which ensures cooperation between business enterprises. tourism development at provincial level Basically, the Councils will be expected to fulfill the The secretarial tasks that need to be pursued at city following duties: or local level shall be undertaken by Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism of the cities. ¥ Search and find out and then bring together and present to the National Tourism Council (NTC) the City Tourism Councils: local demands, expectations and needs, City Tourism Councils (CTCs) shall be established ¥ ensure cooperation and coordination among and set functional, with the primary duties being to members, present opinions, vocalise demands and make ¥ Carry out studies and define policies on the suggestions to the National Tourism Council, on maximum use of the tourism potential at city level, behalf of all shareholders in the city. In addition to their primary duties as aforesaid, the CTCs shall ¥ Work for assuring education of the organisational contribute to sounder, more consistent and members and thereby improve the quality of labour, participative decisions taken by the NTC. The ¥ Set up and implement effective networks among membership of CTCs will comprise of representatives members, of various entities and organisations finding ¥ Coordinate or mediate through contacting representation in the NTC. Other persons and / or relevant entities / organisations a crossplat entities / organisations shall well be accepted to coordinated provision of the technical assistance partake in or become part of these councils, whether and know how needed by small enterprises upon as new or temporary members, to provide expert request of Local Level Councils of Tourism and assure opinions and recommendations based on their that the local community gets the best out of the specialty knowledge and experience on any matter. same. The key role that CTCS are supposed to play is ¥ Support efforts dedicated to creation of a "Turkey associated with provision of services, including brand" as an integral part of a whole, working in advisories to business enterprises. They will receive close cooperation with other regional and local full support and assistance from both public and tourism organisations.
24. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM3.4. DOMESTIC TOURISM Areas of cooperation shall be sought with private 15 sector entities, tourism organisations and NGOsSTRATEGY along with an increase in the content and frequency"To provide an alternative tourism products of promotional efforts concerning domestic market and studies made to encourage an increase inbased on acceptable quality and affordable number of itineraries, ads and tours of travel agenciesprices to various groups in the society." with focus on internal market.Development of the domestic market is as important OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023as that of the foreign market for the growth of Turkeys Moves for developing and sustaining tourismtourism industry. The states that literally attract the alternatives shall be spread across the country. Ingreatest number of travellers from around the globe this framework, the accommodation capacities ofappear to have achieved an impressive level of destinations included in the development plans shalldevelopment in their local industries engaged with be improved and quality of transportation will bedomestic travel business. bettered by means of studies targeted to improveA sound cooperation and coordination is a must the transportation opportunities among destinations.among public and private sector, tourism Arrangements shall be made for creation of a varietyorganizations and NGOs, should an accomplishment of alternative tourism products, facilities andis targeted for the market of domestic travels. itineraries with weight laid upon promotion of theAccordingly, arrangements shall be made and means countrys assets worthy of visiting to help an increaseprovided as and to the extent appropriate to convince in the domestic tourisms share in overall tourismlocal travellers take vacations, with various events movements and receipts.and campaigns held jointly with a variety of pressand educational institutions, aimed at raising public As per the projections, 20 million individuals willawareness on history, nature and culture both on a benefit from the domestic travel market, in Turkey.national and local scale. Activities to be pursued at Those residents used to neglect the option ofthis extent shall not only leverage the share of travelling inside Turkey when setting up theirdomestic tourism in overall tourism receipts of the itineraries will be tried and convinced to pick fromcountry but also serve significantly for recognition among a variety of tourism products that bestand conservation of historical and cultural assets of describe their intentions and this way hopefully, theythis country. will become inured to travelling at home and
25. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM16 after all, this travel routine shall be spread across Supporting the Domestic Travel Market the country. Tourism enterprises will be encouraged to allocate Efforts requiring full cooperation of public and private domestic tourist quotas at discounted prices to meet sector entities aimed at developing various social the recreational needs of low and middle income tourism projects shall be pursued especially for groups. disadvantaged community groups (i.e. people with Travel agencies offering package tours for domestic disabilities, impoverished groups, youth, women tourism market shall be supported. etc.) with the ultimate objective of boosting their involvement in domestic travel activities. An Inland Program alternatives will be evolved that address Tourism Research unit shall be founded within the university youth, high school juniors and middle core organisation of Ministry of Culture & Tourism aged singles, which collectively form up 20 percent to conduct all necessary research and make of the entire population. As better recognition of the assessments concerning the domestic travel market, country among young people will increase their with a view to increase the role and effectiveness of attitude toward favouring travel and vacation habits public sector in managing and directing domestic more than usual, joint workgroups and programs tourism. shall be put in action with the sector, for persuading them to turn towards youth tourism, in growing lots. Diversification and countrywide spreading of domestic travel will present another focus to lay Monitoring the Domestic Travel Market attention, especially with the highlight of cultural A Domestic Tourism Unit shall be formed within the tourism, alongside with efforts dedicated to creation Ministry of Culture & Tourism, with the contributions of city brands. of which, statistical information on inland travel TOWARD THE OBJECTIVES behaviour will be collected and compiled. This statis- tical information will encompass basic indicators Promotion of Domestic Travel that measure different aspects of domes-tic tourism A variety of plans and programs shall be drafted for demand such as Number and Variation of Inland the promotion of domestic travel and innovative Travellers, Number of Overnight Stays by Turkish tools shall be employed in related efforts. residents by purpose of travel, Types of Accommodation used in time of domestic travels, Economic Value of Expenditures made by Turkish
26. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMresidents for and duration of Domestic Travels and shall all be encouraged in tourism industry. At this 17Change in Domestic Travel Activities by seasonal point, mechanisms ensuring cooperation shall beterm or Differentiations in Domestic Travel Activities established with participation of public and privateof People according to various parameters (age, sector, NGOs and universities. A National Tourismgender, level of education, economic wealth etc.). Database shall be set up and implemented within the Ministry of Culture & Tourism for the purpose ofAlternative Tourism providing information to business enterprises forResearch will be conducted on products of alternative research and development and arrangements madetourism in the domestic travel market, followed by for making the resultant database available for usestudies with focus on capacity increase at regional by all members over the internet. Forthwith uponand local levels and next step will be promotion and obtaining such information, the enterprises will bemarketing of these assets. able to achieve innovations by either evaluating them inhouse or making use of advise fed fromSocial Tourism outside. In order for enterprises to make social andA variety of social tourism projects shall be developed economic contributions to national developmentand launched to allow disadvantaged groups to take head to head with the ever changing and developingup vacations more easily. demand for tourism, a comprehensive assessment of each and every innovation brought to fore by business enterprises shall be made by a cadre of3.5. RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT experts based on impartial, unbiased criteria and subsequently, outstanding performances will beSTRATEGY commemorated with a set of National Tourism PrizesTo ensure top prioritisation of R&D efforts for each destination of concern. Innovations and social benefits supplied to the sector in general willin tourism industry among public and private also be taken into consideration, beside the potentialsector and tourism organisations. for economic yields, when determining the winnersIn tourism the term of "Research" is perceived within of such prizes. Arrangements shall be properly bethe context of competition, cooperation and search made for making the Prize invaluable amongfor new products, in tourism. Studies on product enterprises as a sign of unique accomplishmentdeployment across the enterprise, enhancing staff above and beyond competition.qualities, search for cooperation and innovation
27. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM18 OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 pertain to products, procedures, markets of coverage, organisational structures and changes in skills and Research process competencies of workers employed are still far from This will ensure: being understood well by a plenitude of business enterprises. ¥ Working out of the big picture for the sector and determination of models and trends on both national The tourism industry will be driven towards a and international scale, sustainable development part in a competitive, innovative and inquisitive manner in an international ¥ Accertaining of tourism activity determinants sense. Accordingly, for the purpose of achieving and constraints and drafting of policies, regional development, targets have been set toward ¥ Studies for determining the amounts and ways performance of studies dedicated to leveraging for augmenting social and economical gains obtained demand in local market by enhancing the from tourism activities and on what can possibly be competitiveness and diversity of regional appeals done for elimination of negative aspects, and providing know-how and specialised advise to ¥ Conduct of studies on systems that respects the small and medium sized enterprises. environment capable of providing maximum output While the power and responsibility of setting the making use of minimum energy and natural resources medium and long term tourism strategies and and consuming minimal fuel for deployment in policies will remain with the public authorities, enterprise management, and councils which will be formed and operate within ¥ Transpiration of new ideas and innovations with the context of good governance will help industrial regard to products, people, practices and operations. organisations and NGOs assume partial responsibility for contributing to planning, implementation and Development Process renewal efforts to be rendered for a sustainable For the part of enterprises operating in tourism development. business, development refers to the de-ployment of TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVE a new cost effective activity in a given enterprise, use of a novel combination of factors or new products Branding: In order to place tourism development revealing themselves in different forms in different on a sustainable course, efforts shall be pursued for: products. Innovation processes of enterprises that
28. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM¥ Creating an Image of Turkey which shall be a clear ¥ State Planning Organisation 19communication to be used uniformly in local and ¥ Ministry of Culture and Tourisminternational markets, ¥ National Tourism Council (NTC),¥ Creating a Regional and Local Image of Tourismby demonstrating a collective attitude in marketing ¥ City Tourism Councils (CTCs),activities and pushing regional values to the upfront, ¥ National Tourism Certification Service (NTCS)with a view to ensure branding and credibility of ¥ Domestic Tourism (DT) Surveys Uniteach destination. ¥ Tourism Education Steering UnitSustainable R&D: Research and statistical studiesheld both centrally and at enterprise level shall be ¥ National Tourism Databank Unit (NTDU), andmonitored and assessed on an ongoing basis in local ¥ Universitiespublic and private sector entities, with the objectiveof being continuous optimisation and improvement. All the above units and functions the establishment of which are in design will provide assistance onThe statistical data available on tourism industry such technical matters as determination and creationshall be reorganized in such a manner to support of tourism capacities and supplying continuous flownew developments and research studies aligned to of information to businesses at each region, thanksglobal standards. to which, convenience of investments in variousStatistical data shall be made accessible to market segments will be assured.researchers and businesses. Cooperation andcoordination shall be managed between public andprivate sectors, for enhancing the cooperative 3.6. TRANSPORTATION ANDenvironment. INFRASTRUCTURE STRATEGYBusinesses shall be provided with necessary data STRATEGYneeded to keep themselves moving in line with thenational strategy. "To eliminate transportation andR&D Management: The following entities shall infrastructure problems of densely populatedserve for R&D in the tourism industry, throughout and fastest growing tourism centersÓthe implementation phase of Tourism Strategy ofTurkey - 2023:
29. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM20 Efforts shall be pursued for completion of the OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 Mediterranean - Aegean Tourism Infrastructure Coastal Management Project already being The Ministry of Culture & Tourism places special implemented by Ministry of Culture & Tourism in emphasis on completion of Mediterranean - Aegean order to bring solutions to infrastructure problems Tourism Infrastructure Coastal Management Project of the Mediterranean and Aegean coasts where and it has already made up plans for the realisation tourism potential is still at very high levels. At this of design engineering and construction of a variety end, assuring user contribution to funding of the of utilities such as potable water, sewerage, waste project, which is anticipated to be implemented water treatment and discharge, solid waste collection through infrastructure unions to be formed up by and disposal facilities with such installed capacities local government and users, institutionalisation and to suffice the needs of both resident and travelling legal arrangements for the purpose, will give a new populations, by the year 2023, along the 2.000 impetus to the completion of the project. kilometers long coastline extending from the provincial borders of Antalya City towards the The Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall proceed with provincial borders of Üel City. efforts toward developing the infrastructure in areas One of the most vital characteristics of Tourism which have tapped or untapped tourism potential Strategy of Turkey - 2023 involves arrangements to in close cooperation with local governments. be made in relation to the existing transportation Transportation is a bridge that connects tourists to system. Targets have already been set to follow a tourism centers which serve as focal poimts of path of development with augmented assessment consumption. This feature makes transportation a of the tourism potentials posed separately by each main product for tourism in-dustry. Improving of land, sea and maritime transport links, which are transportation and making it run healthier are the deemed as a vital input for the travelling industry two concerns that require integration of various alone. modes of transport, for tourism industry. In an effort to better introduce and promote the Subsequently, focus will be laid upon strengthening natural, historical and touristic assets of our country, the transportation links to enable extending of plans have already been set to restore and improve tourism activities throughout the entire year and the conditions of various sea courses and railway introduction of new types of tourism other than tracks, that have the potential of becoming a subject coastal tourism, while building on the existing level of tourism. Minimising the public share in investment of inland leisure and recreational tourism activities.
30. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMprojects aiming at diversification of transport in grounds be constituted for cooperation with related 21ourcountry poses significance for delivering dynamics entities and organisations to alleviate infrastructureto this industrial sector. Therefore, various investment related problems in prospective tourism destinations,projects are waiting at stake for brand new designand in existing inland destinations which will be convertedconstruction or improvement of the existing qualities into centers of city and cultural tourism and in areasof railroads, marinas and cruise ship harbours, considered suitable for hosting a diversified rangemotorways and split highways, all to be funded based of tourism activities, with guidance, if and whenon either of the following models, whichever helps required.minimise public share in investment costs. Developing airport access, a frontal issue¥ Build- Operate - Transfer (BOT) of saving time and security¥ Build - Operate (BO) The long distance between our country and¥ Design - Build - Finance - Operate (DBFO) international tourism markets in combination with her broad frontiers and geographical strictures (i.e.¥ Build - Own - Operate (BOO) cliffy and rough terrain) makes airborne transport¥ Build - Lease - Operate - Transfer (BLOT) the best choice and most convenient solution for¥ Public - Private Sector Joint Venture, tourism development. Therefore air carriers have in fact a significant role to play in diversifying tourism¥ Liquidation activities in our country and spreading themTOWARD THE OBJECTIVES throughout the year. The recent developments in air transportation will undoubtedly have positive impactsSolving the infrastructure problems in areas on tourism and travel industry, prolonging the stayingwith high tourism potential times of travellers. In this sense, as the need is obvious, action will be taken for restoring andThe Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall make perfecting the current airports in addition to andarrangements for launching an active study aimed supplement of building new ones, with a view toat compensating the deficits in industry-related achieve the greater goal of spreading tourisminfrastructure with a couple of applications such as activities countrywide. Encouraging and bringing fullcooperation with local governments, financial support functionality to regional air transport operationsetc. in areas with high tourism potential, where spontaneously with rendering the readily idled, stalltourism activities are to be diversified. Within the airfields fully operational once again will helpscope of this study, arrangements shall be made and
31. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM22 realisation of tourism activities without any trouble, Increasing the level of safety and yet with much more health. The development of accessibility of highway transport for regional airline operations shall for instance help Tourism purposes long range transportation of passengers within a given travel route across Anatolia, without boredom The highway network of our country is well below in travellers or any loss of time due to long hauling the EU average, both in length and coverage. distances. Besides, the travellers taking a tour shall Especially creating new transportation links while have the opportunity to visit more places in reinforcing the existing ones will mean much for the considerably shorter times, which, in turn, will help tourism industry, as it will give a boost to the safety better promotion and publicisation of our country. and quality of motorways. As a complementary With a view to cover up this requirement, flights from measure in support of Tourism Strategy of Turkey - large population centres shall be supported with 2023, the new destinations projected en route the secondary and tertiary airports. main road connections (i.e. Tourism Development Areas, Development Corridors and Main Improving the interregional railway links Development Axes, Tourism Cities, Ecotourism in order to enhance the share of railway Zones, Brand Cities) will be connected to main transport motorway arteries with segmental split highways (access roads). As a result of the most recent technological developments in railway communication, boarding Developing Sea Tourism and travelling on rolling stock has become the safest Arrangements will be made for speedy construction and most comfortable of all available modal choices. and bringing into service of cruise ships to board The ever-increasing environmental concern for the passengers wishing to travel by the sea, with environment suggests that there would be an construction and operational start up of ports where increased trend toward this particular mode of they can anchor and dock safely, in areas with high transportation, compared to road transport, during tourism potential, in an effort to attract more qualified the upcoming years. Building on this perspective, travellers, in addition to measures for persuading high speed railway tracks with regional links them to stay longer in any given destination. interconnecting the major tourism areas across the country in addition to combining the existing railway Furthermore Megayacht marina operation is another links together shall be constructed and/or developed, fast growing trend of the recent years, in sea tourism. as appropriate. In an effort to conveniently address this demand,
32. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMplans have been made for rehabilitating the marinas scientific analyses and studies, to the extent they 23in Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir Cities so as to are meant to be used for the promotion and marketsuccessfully accommodate Megayacht operations analysis of a particular tourism area.and thereby increasing the share of Turkeys tourism Work flows to be performed within the scope ofindustry in yacht travels. Also, in addition to the promotional activities shall clearly be defined andexisting and planned marinas both as built and in working methodologies to follow be set so as todesign, over 200 fisher huts shall be overhauled and allow harvesting, analysing and interpreting validtransformed into facilities capable of serving any and reliable data supplied by a comprehensive reviewparticular need of yacht tourism with a covering of country markets, market characteristics, the trendsrange of not greater than 35 nautical miles, fully and and expectations of client groups, their demographiccarefully exploiting their potentials, as a major step structure and the statuses of competing states.taken forth, which should have significantimplications for the industry. Moreover, new marinas Following a comprehensive analysis andshall be designed, built and opened up for operation, interpretation of the resultant findings of studieswith capacities sufficient to support projected visitor conducted, the strengths and weaknesses,arrivals to new destinations. opportunities, risks and threats will also be identified (Post SWOT analysis). A sustainable image shall be envisioned not only3.7. MARKETING AND PROMOTION for maintaining the competitive power necessitatedSTRATEGY by the tourism and travel market but also for preserving, if not enhancing, the market share andSTRATEGY position. Top concern will be the effective use of PR"To commence with marketing and tools.promotion activities at each destination, in New promotional strategies will give emphasize more on public relations (PR) activities.addition to the national marketing andpromotion campaigns with the ultimate Provisions shall be made to ensure tight cooperation between government and private sector entities,objective of branding on a national, regional effective and efficient use of new communicationand local scale" technologies and branding and increased credibility.Promotional efforts shall completely be based upon Due weight shall be laid upon adapting tourism
33. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM operations to contemporary information and Ministry of Culture and Tourism shall remain as a24 communication technologies and multiplying vital component staying in the core of the channels of communication with the clientele. promotional strategy. Regular testing of the results and measurement of the efficiency of the strategy, Due regard shall also be paid to ads and promotions followed by the conduct of necessary revisions, if rather suited to the needs of tertiary age group of required seem to be a requisite for effective use of beneficiaries, in line with the changes in world it by activities to be pursued until 2023. population. There appears the need for searching and finding Promotional efforts shall be customised to a certain answers to such questions in mind as how number of products to be designated for marketing, destinations are perceived by the consumer public rather than taking the form of mass promotions. and how they envision a particular destination in Branding efforts shall be pursued at destinations in their minds and to what extent do the messages line with the ultimate objective of a country brand given by campaigns coincide with facts. For this and arrangements made accordingly in all purpose, extreme care and due attention shall be introductory stuff for separate inclusion of each and given to close monitoring of global trends, designing every destination of coverage. campaigns with particular focus on a certain As part of the promoting activities, international destination and their setting active as separate for events and organisations shall closely be traced and each and every market targeted and stressing the actively participated and held in the country, as much values of the modern world while staying loyal to as possible. different, original and national values and putting tourism products that are more likely to concern the Movie production industry shall be used as a tool target groups up to forefront and finally, giving full for promotions. and unconditional support for such public relations OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 activities as fairs, hospitality services etc., when introducing Turkey to the outer world. Campaigns The promotional activities shall follow a promotional will take more advantage of electronic media to be strategy that concentrates on the common wishes able to reach their target groups more rapidly and and desires of consumers in the market, well effectively. acknowledging the differences between various markets and market segments.
34. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMBy both design and implementation, any ¥ pay special attention to the East Asia-Pacific 25action to be taken by Ministry of Culture Region noting remarkable growth in terms of tourism activities, represented particularly by India and China,& Tourism for marketing and promotion andshall: ¥ help a boost in terms of market share by staging¥ stress supremacy of products and total quality, special promotional campaigns with territorialbased on destinations, coverage, in states of the Middle East, Iran and¥ ensure branding at national, regional and site Turkish Republics of Central Asia.levels, Coordination will be assured among entities and¥ target product specific marketing of our tourism organisations partaking in the promotion businessindustry and an increase in the overall quantities of and participation of becomingly more communitytravellers as well as receipts gained after a successful groups earning direct or indirect income from tourismtrip, industry, in the funding of such activities, with a view¥ assure brand linked communication of the to ensure a more dynamic, professional looking anddifferences and relative predominance of our financial sound promotional activity. Furthermore,destinations compared to other destinations in the commercial companies and other for profitMediterranean Region, organisations forming up the marketing network will be encouraged to fortify their strengths by mergers¥ stress modern values with loyalty to our different, / joint actions under the existing free marketoriginal and national values, conditions.¥ place products concerning the target groups in It is on target to reserve 1 percent of the overallthe front, revenues obtained from tourism activities each year¥ usage of technological developments, for promotional efforts, in order to ensure that Turkeys tourism improves its share in the global¥ facilitate from the reputation of people tourism and travel market.internationally renowned for their deeds ofunmatched, unique value, Additionally, investments shall be made both by public and private sector entities on newly developing¥ draw attention of high income generating traveller technologies that has major impacts on tourismgroups upon our country, by way of product such as e-promotion, e-marketing and e-commerce.diversification,
35. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM26 The efficacy and efficiency of promotions and Identifying alternative strategies for marketing efforts shall be subject to regular reviews. marketing and promotion activities TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES Four alternative strategies have been identified in principle, although there is still an ample variety of Determining the components of other "marketing and promotion" strategies that promotional activities tourism organisations may choose to follow, in The following components need to be a part of thus practice. These are as follows: should be integrated to marketing and promotion ¥ Single Target Group Based Promotion activities, in order of precedence: Strategy, which accounts for single predetermined 1. Funding target group, 2. Identification of Markets 3. Market Research ¥ Intensified Promotion Strategy (IPS), which is aimed at multiple target groups, 4. Goals 5. Marketing Subject ¥ Total Promotion Strategy (TPS), which covers all segments in a given market, and 6. Promotional tools to be used 7. Marketing effectiveness measurements ¥ Undifferentiated Promotion Strategy Before any promotional activities can be launched, (UPS), which tends to account for the common the following questions need to be answered: characteristics of multiple segments, acknowledging the differences among them. a) What shall be promoted? (identification of the tourism product(s)) Public and Private Sector cooperation b) To whom will the promotion be made? (Target Public and Private Sector cooperation shall tailor Group) the role of a coordinator to the government and an enforcer to the private sector, which is supposed to c) Where shall the promotion take place? (Market open the path for developing different approaches Selection) to grants and loans to be made available by the d) When shall the promotion take place? government to the private sector industries in line with promotional activities as states part of financing. e) How shall the promotion be conducted? In time of developing the exact approaches to apply, (Implementation) the studies of the councils shall be utilised.
36. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMCreating a Good Image honesty, as well as on the importance of showing 27 hospitality and left for a brainstorm on the long termThe acts of terrorism, adverse publications and press benefits of such education and knowledge.articles disseminated in the international communityon such areas as democracy, human rights etc. and Institutions offering vocational education on tourismthe outbreak and continuation of armed conflicts will receive capacity reinforcements withand political instabilities at the next door of Turkey, improvements in quality and content of theirdue to her challenged geographical position have curricula. Reputation and profitability of our countrysall contributed to a ruining impact on Turkeys general tourism depends on continuation of education withimage among the international travellers. In the next satisfactory quality. In order to stage an effectivefew years, new projects and programs shall be devised education, the updates in the field of training andto tackle the constraints and eradicate the demise education shall closely be traced and any possiblecaused by these unfavourable impacts, involving the changes both at the present and in future properlylaunch of a variety of promotional campaigns be analysed, to form a sustainable base, as per thededicated to seeding a better image of the country resultant findings, for perfectly running, failsafein peoples minds. educational schemes. Tourism education shall principally be designed to teach tourism as a profession, yielding tangible,3.8. EDUCATIONAL STRATEGY measurable results. It shall, in the first place, beSTRATEGY stressed that raising awareness on quality in both the institutions offering and the public receiving"To set up and introduce an education tourism education is in the utmost interest. Impetusprogram in tourism, which would yield shall be laid upon group work in practical implementation of Total Quality Management inmeasurable outcomes." Tourism and skilled and resourceful pupils havingTourism education shall target raising awareness on an open mind to innovations shall be encouragedexistence and protection of national tourism assets with scholarships. The Instructors attending classesand resources and leveraging the contribution of shall be assessed for their degree of success intourism to national economy at the highest possible attainment of the educational objectives, in a modelextent. Within the context of education, enrollments based upon performance measurements.shall basically be instructed on moral ethics of servingevery traveller without discrimination but discrete
37. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM Active involvement and support of private sector information to all intended recipients, in the context28 shall be sought and solicited for educating the of informal tourism education. Education of this labourforce just as needed by the travel market. type shall be designed to improve the individual skills and qualifications of working people in tourism OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 business and target larger community groups. The Policies on academic education dedicated to raising ultimate goal of this education shall be limited to executives and researchers to lead the tourism policy "certification" and as such, it shall be given in time will be handled together with the vocational of the on-the-job training efforts. education to raise qualified staff for the tourism industry. TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVE Top priority shall be given to raise qualified and Co-developing academic and vocational competent labourforce for the tourism industry. educations to raise qualified staff for the Arrangements shall be made to let local governments tourism industry give directions for improving the quality of services Seminars and symposia organised every year for and working environment at tourism premises, as cicerones shall be left under responsibility of one of the most effective forces assuming vital role universities and professional organisations and in tourism development. Organisations shall be Ministry of Culture and Tourism shall assume the made for staging and conducting informal education responsibility to function as a supervisory body schemes to help raising of awareness on various auditing their conduct according to the effective laws aspects of tourism at community level, especially and regulations dealing with tourist guidance. taking measures that should guarantee their proper media inclusions. The skill levels required for standardisation of and The tourism education syllabi shall also incorporate performance of analyses and assessments on class instructions on a variety of emerging types of vocational education as well as productivity analysis tourism, to help raising of staff capable of meeting true to internationally applied standards, the day - to-day requirements of the tourism supply improvement of quality and employment shall be demand chain, in the ever-changing climate of travel determined with certification. Efforts shall be made market. toward improving the qualities of agencies and tour guides through in-service education and a set of Audio-visual communication equipment widely sanctions to deter poor quality practices. Cicerones spread among the society shall be used to channel
38. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMshall be encouraged and unified under a single yet are already giving their instructions in English, 29common body, which shall, once established, have German and French languages. In that case, thejurisdiction all over the country and further be requirement for less known languages remainschannelled to specialty branching through expert unmet. Therefore, the Ministry of Culture and Tourismtraining classes. shall establish the necessary cooperation and coordination between Ministry of Education andFaculties and departments of universities organising YOK, for raising of university enrollments in theand conducting Cicerone licensing or certification branches of specialisation and languages of need.educations shall be mandated to include amongtheir relevant syllabi, "Turkey Round Trip Practical Boosting informal educationTraining Tours", as a standard program. These Media shall be used for spreading of informationinstructions and trips shall be supervised by the that informal education has to give, among widerMinistry of Culture and Tourism, which shall check community lots. The quality of basic education willcompliance thereof with a predetermined set of rules not only lay a significant focus of improvement onand criteria. labourforce but also contribute much to preventionArrangements shall be made for universities running of chaotic misguidance and discordance, typicallydepartments on tourism business administration to observed in the sector. Moreover, an efficient andoffer postgraduate studies with or without a thriving tourism education will cause a radical changegraduation thesis study for university graduates of in the views of both present and future workers ofrelevant programs, having good command of at least the industry, making them begin to see theirone foreign language. This modus operandi will not involvement in the sector as a chance to build up aonly encourage branching and specialisation among career, in a permanent job position. The overallcicerones but also help leveraging of the current quality of the sector shall, without doubt, be assuredlevels of knowledge in workers of tourism sector. with the gradual rise in level of education. Institutions of informal education shall be reinforced withCicerone education shall then be given at Bachelors additional quality, but rather focusing on practicaldegree and all associate degree programs shall be implementation. Arrangements shall be made inabandoned. The gradual implementation by schools institutional educators of Tourism and Hoteloffering Bachelors degree cicerone education Managers, by a variety of means for attending classprograms, of postgraduate (Masters degree) studies instructors to improve skills and experiences, whilewill facilitate specialization of cicerones. In addition, in the mean time staying fully informed of last minuteuniversities running cicerone education programs updates on a realtime basis.
39. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM A model that renders informal education endurant etc.), in addition to such routine titles as tourism in30 and in a participative perspective under coordination general, foreign language course, front office of Ministry of Culture and Tourism, shall be adopted. (reception) and room services, organisational behaviour, business administration, management A regulatory requirement shall be imposed in tourism and organisation, economy, tourism economy, and travel industry for the provision of practicing marketing in tourism, tourism law, tourism policies opportunities to certificate beholders and participants and implementation, tourism guidance, catering of tourism classes rendered by at least three star services management, travel agency and tour hotel operations, with a view to further improve both operation, accounting practices in temporary the percentage of qualified staff and overall quality accommodation facilities, financial management in of services. Ambiguities will be eluded about the temporary accommodation business etc. qualities of labourforce, by officially recognising tourism management as a profession. A directive on Determination by Ministry of Culture & internship and probation at institutions of higher Tourism of Main Policies on Tourism education already offering class instructions in the Education field of tourism shall be published and then monitored for proper enforcement, in consultation Ministry of Culture & Tourism shall assume more with all parties involved. active duties and role in determining policies and strategies for the planning of formal and informal Renewing and updating the content in education on tourism and develop approaches to formal and informal education the quality and content of and policies governing this education. The Tourism and Hotel Management departments of universities shall cover, in their educational curricula, such titles that would meet the changing requirements of travel industry as sociology of 3.9. STRATEGY OF SERVICE QUALITY tourism, world gastronomy and cultures, ancient STRATEGY civilisations and cultures of Anatolia, tourism research methods, creation of new travel destinations, "To activate Total Quality Management in behavioral sciences, research for new tourism every constituent of the travel industry" products and types and branching (yachting, speleology, scuba diving, mountaineering, rafting Development of quality of service with associated
40. TURKEY TOURISM STRATEGY for 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMstandard will bring about a management concept Awareness shall be raised on quality concerns taking 31that upholds continuous development, customer into account the harsher competitive conditions andand worker satisfaction and participation. demand created and standards of quality applied inConsequently, continual of quality practices shall the services chain shall be improved and spread.leverage the service standards of business enterprises Planning activities shall be furthered in relation toas well as productivity, while bringing some awesome alternative tourism opportunities with the purposebenefits to them, in terms of competitive power and of optimising the seasonal and geographicalmarketing. distribution of tourism activities and creating newA flexible system of quality shall optimise the services. potential areas based on the ever changing customerThis will lead to increased productivity, optimal preferences at international markets. Opportunitiesusage of existing sources, defect-free performance for alternative tourism shall then be created andof work and gradual decrease in service costs and means provided for increasing the demand withtime savings. Implementation of quality procedures legislative regulatory arrangements made towardwill not only result in faster, more effective and changing the seasonal character of the industry byproductive services but also enhance levels of giving a boost to domestic travel activities, where,participation by both workers and customers thus tourism types that best serve for attaining adevelop a collaborative environment. comparative advantage to competitors while preserving and rendering sustainable the natural,In order to bring a balance to the individual and historical and social heritage shall be brought to thecorporate goals with service offering, focus will be front.laid upon enhancing the efficacy and efficiency oflabourforce and management by permanent A system for certification of professionaleducation, coordination and motivation, when qualifications shall be adopted and implemented,building up the quality. for increasing the quality of services.The tourism industry businesses, professional and Carrying capacity measurements shall be made atservice unions as well as local governments and all both existing and newly emerging tourism areas,other related entities and organisations will be based on a physical capacity usage scenario.informed on total quality management and theirsuccessful practices will be introduced to the generalpublic.
41. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM32 OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 of or bringing new functionalities to units no more functional and no establishment of new functions Improving the service standard is the top priority unless this becomes of requirement or mandatory concern for making more income from tourism and toward sharing of duties and powers in an operations, in a core service industry. For the purpose, equitable sense between central and local plans have been made for maximising customer governments and assuring recruitment of sufficient satisfaction by permanently increasing the quality number of staff with appropriate qualifications for of services and placing the service on a perpetual the best service offering. Adopting a concept of stance and finally, causing a boost in tourism receipts service with focus on customer / citizen in with the demand to be created subsequent to combination with full use of contemporary development and deployment of the concept of information and communication technologies will sustainable growth in tourism. eventually help deployment of a productive and The mind whirling speed of technological effective service environment. advancement brings about the expectation for a The public authority in charge of tourism and travel more effective and fault-free service in the travel activities and responsible for scrutinising the industry, in addition to the requirement of offering effectiveness of private sector businesses of the more qualified service with minimal use of sources. industry, namely the Ministry of Culture and Tourism Therefore, the design of a brand new product or shall be structured so that it can assume the role of development of an existing one when increasing the a higher supervisory body that sets out, plans and service standards shall base upon the very coordinates standards applicable to local and expectations of travellers included in different target professional organisations, devised with a sound groups. mechanism of inspection and supervision. With the introduction of a structure based on the A variety of legal arrangements shall also be made principle of flexibility, transparency, participation for increasing the rate of involvement and and accountability in all organisation models and functionalities of local governments. At this end, at every level, the grounds for a customer focused local governments shall be strengthened in their and effective service with high quality will be formed. current structures as a project operator and brought Targets have been set toward establishment of a with a role that would enable them act more centrally system backed by quality management in public and than local, upon perceiving how important the deeds private industrial service providers, the abandoning of the industry would be.
42. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMAll budgetary allocations, funds, incentives and and conservation of the environment shall be 33subventions that the government uses as a tool for conducted, with arrangements for an exchange ofsupporting the industry will be coordinated and knowledge and experience among entities and naturalevaluated in such a manner that the industry would persons related with tourism.get the maximum benefit out of them, in close Arrangements shall also be made for due involvementcooperation with the industry. of local governments and NGOs in efforts to be spentThe sectors information on and encouragement for for understanding and evaluation of the requirementrendering education for enhancing the quality of for and significance for the tourism sector ofservices are also made part of the targets planned. conservation of cultural heritage.The working conditions of and workers health and Making Quality "Measurable"work safety measures taken for the staff recruitedand employed by tourism facilities shall effectively Decisions shall be made on common methodologiesbe inspected for compliance with applicable laws, and measuring instruments to be used for measuringregulations and standards. and tracing the quality of service at central locations where tourism gets denser and thereby their useThe infrastructure and environment related problems shall be wider spread.occurring in the areas with dense tourism movementsand their close vicinity shall be resolved in The deviations in current practices in certificationcooperation with local governments and with of temporary accommodation facilities shall beparticipation and contributions of the users of such eliminated, to form up and retain a unified andinfrastructure. robust system. Harmonisation with international standards shallTOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES be accomplished and mechanisms for maintainingDeveloping a sense and awareness of and reassuring constant enforcement of suchquality standards will be developed through NGOs, also respecting fully the rules of competition.The sense of quality shall apply to every single fieldand aspect of tourism. Vocational education shall Planned Growthbe fostered throughout the travel industry for Both infrastructure and superstructure investmentenhancing the quality. Studies on sustainable growth projects shall be realised in accordance with physical
43. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM plans. For the purpose, the set of physical planning The decision-making mechanisms shall be redesigned34 works shall be completed and set enforceable in within the context of good governance in order to areas of designation, before the latter can be made ensure optimisation and effectiveness of quality of available for investment projects. service in the travel industry. Private sector enterprises shall be encouraged for Enhancing Quality through Education setting up and implementing such temporary accommodation facilites as guesthouses and other Vocational education shall be brought to a standard boardinghouses with special features as well as with the introduction of professional qualifications countryside traveller inns, that can be accounted as certification system and a variety of educational accommodation alternatives. schemes shall be worked out to realise the qualities predefined for improving the quality of services. Regulatory Arrangements A Tourism Satellite accounting system shall be developed and deployed for calculation of tourism 3.10. STRATEGY OF CITY BRANDING receipts. STRATEGY Close cooperation will be assured among the Manage branding of cities rich of cultural Ministries of Culture and Tourism and Environment and natural heritage and thereby convert and Forestry and related NGOs for the conservation of natural and historical heritage, which will deliver them into a point of attraction for travellers. a substantial speed and efficiency to efforts for City tours represent a type of tourism realised in practical implementation of interventions and judicial large population centers having the size of a proceedings and levying of sanctions for preventing metropolitan city. Most notable examples to such actions and inactions of any assortment that could population centers appealing an exalted number of pose a material threat to the environment. travellers include Paris, London, Montreal and Prag. Revisions shall be made in the practical The tourism potential of and image created by a city implementations of the Environment Law, Tourism are of vast importance. Therefore, it is essential that Incentives Law and Law for the Conservation of all attractions of the city should be used at maximum Cultural and Natural Assets together with their level. Proposals have been submitted for initialisation associated regulations, for the purpose. of a city travel project as a leading example, in a
44. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMnumber of metropolitan cities of our country led ¥ Provisions will be made for raising awareness 35particularly by Istanbul, one of the biggest among the local public on the value and conservationmetropolitan cities with highest tourism potential of both physical and abstract cultural heritage.of the world, followed by Ankara, Izmir and Antalya. ¥ Marketing and promotion efforts will be onsetThe designation of Istanbul as the Cultural Capital at both national and international levels to promoteof Europe for 2010 brings about the need for and highlight the rich cultural heritage of our cities.strengthening cultural, artistic, urban andenvironmental qualities of this city. TOWARD THE OBJECTIVESOBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 Architectural arrangements¥ Plans and projects for development of city tourism ¥ City museums shall be established, neat to theshall be brought into life in Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir international standards,and Antalya cities. ¥ Buildings and structures and ruins of historical, cultural and architectural value will be restored,¥ Culture tourism shall be revived and culturalbranding efforts initiated for increasing the credibility ¥ Projects shall be drawn up for restoration ofof Adiyaman, Amasya, Bursa, Edirne, Gaziantep, historical city texture and old city centers,Hatay, Konya, Kutahya, Manisa, Nevsehir, Kars, ¥ Lightening and landscape arrangements shall beMardin, Sivas, Sanliurfa and Trabzon cities. made in the surrounding areas of such historical¥ Each year, a city will be disclosed and publicised structures as monuments, castles, aqueducts,as "City of Cultural Tourism", by Ministry of Culture fortification walls, taverns, caravansaries and etc.and Tourism, in an effort to maximise cultural visits ¥ Catering facilities for travellers shall bedomesticly and internationally. constructed in the areas of historical attraction, and¥ Buildings, structures and ruins of historical, ¥ Several new authentic shopping centres shall becultural and architectural value will be restored. built such as large covered markets where such famous handicraft products as leather, carpets,¥ Local events will be developed in line with jewelry and ornamental garniture will be presented,internationally accepted standards. along with arrangements for restoration and¥ Facilities and places will be built to stage cultural improvement of existing ones.and artistic shows.
45. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM36 Transportation System Arrangements printed with publication of introductory brochures and city guides and marketing and promotion ¥ Airport Hotels shall be constructed, activities shall be rendered both nationwide and on ¥ Public transport systems shall be established international platforms. and put in place as running for transportation of passengers between airport and town centres, 3.11. STRATEGY OF TOURISM ¥ Piers, quays and harbours in coastal cities shall DIVERSIFICATION be rearranged and restored, as appropriate, and ¥ Sea tourism opportunities shall be enhanced. STRATEGY Cultural Route Arrangements "To develop means for alternative tourism ¥ Efforts will be commenced for replenishing types led particularly by health, thermal, facilities and events for congress tourism, winter, golf, sea tourism, ecotourism and ¥ Exposition and conference halls shall be built, plateau tourism, conference and expo tourism activities" ¥ Art villages will be established, and The goal to spread tourism season over the entire ¥ Events will be organised on national and year is dependent upon diversification of tourism international scales. products. At this end, priority shall be placed for supporting and arranging of development of tourism Physical and Social Arrangements types defined with top priority. ¥ Tourism information booths shall be erected at OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023 suitable locations in town centres, ¥ Infrastructure and superstructure deficiencies Health and thermal tourism shall be remedied, in the first place, in cooperation ¥ Each of the ancient Troy, Aphrodisian and with local governments and relevant organisations, Phrygian Settlements shall be evolved into a regional destination with thermal facilites and cultural themes, ¥ Sign posting and information plates shall be which shall by capacity be integrated to other installed, alternative tourism types to incorporate cultural and ¥ Special city maps showing touring routes and natural heritage of the surround areas. attraction points to be used for city tours shall be ¥ Studies will be furthered in carefully planned
46. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMstages for the best evaluation of all resident resources, mountain and nature tourism shall be unified in 37taking into account the regions with geothermal treatment and developed thereafter.springs. ¥ The areas in question shall preferably be¥ Construction work carried out within the scopes developed through planning efforts to be conductedof original and revised construction plans concerning in cooperation with related local governments andthe thermal tourism centres hitherto announced by Governorships, land allocation incentives andthe Ministry of Culture and Tourism shall be infrastructure works to be provided by the Ministrycompleted. of Culture and Tourism.¥ Efforts shall be pursued to make our country as ¥ For the development of winter tourism activities,the top ranking destination of the European continent youth will be encouraged to learn and perform thisfor thermal tourism interests. sport.¥ Studies shall be conducted for establishment of Golf Tourismlocal governments union and distribution companiesat pilot areas identified for the purpose of effectively ¥ The prevalent climatic conditions, topographicaldistributing geothermal spring waters. characteristics, rich history and cultural structure of our country shall be assessed for location and¥ Forthwith upon completion of studies aimed at evolvement of spots for hosting golfing events anddesignation and physical planning of areas that may associated flows of golfers.potentially be declared as Cultural and TourismConservation and Development Areas and/or Tourism ¥ New golf fields shall be generated throughoutcentres with focus on the quantity and variety of the country.geothermal springs, the areas so designated willshortly be allocated for the exclusive use of investors Sea Tourismfor tourism purposes. ¥ An eligible and sustainable sea tourism shall beWinter Tourism developed for our country in the upcoming years.¥ A comprehensive analytical study shall be ¥ The harbours already existing in Trabzon,conducted for location and evaluation of areas Kusadasi, Samsun, Izmir, Antalya and Mersin cities,suitable for hosting winter tourism activities which are considered for Cruise ship operations shallthroughout the country. be renewed and extended as suitable for the purpose.¥ Of the locations separated, best candidates for ¥ The capacity of the harbour in Istanbul city shallthe conduct of alternative tourism activities such as rapidly be increased.winter, thermal, cultural and congress tourism,
47. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM ¥ Means shall be provided for the revision of yacht for consideration and Ministry of Culture and Tourism38 marinas of Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir cities so as shall carry out directing studies. to accommodate Megayacht operations . ¥ Planning and allocation work shall be carried out ¥ Especially the fishers huts of the Black Sea for congress travels and investors shall be encouraged Region shall be restored, extended and converted with incentive policies that provides a guidance on so as to receive and dock yachts. how to stage and conduct conferencing and Ecotourism expositional events. ¥ In order to form the grounds on which such ¥ The role that management companies would nature tourism types as ecotourism and plateau assume at destinations of congress tourism shall be tourism would develop, tourism infrastructure related rearranged. to activities of these types shall be evolved with ¥ High quality tourism facilities and international qualities increased. airports will be designed and constructed at areas ¥ The main travel routes, destinations, intermediate shown on the plans to serve as centers for conference stations and substation spots will be plotted on travels. maps, followed by planning efforts, based on certain ¥ A congress centers shall be constructed in each scenarios to be adopted for regions to host nature city, to receive efforts for promotion, planning and tourism organisations, activities and events. implementation projects for attracting international ¥ In areas where plateau tourism appears to get conventions to Turkey. denser, priority tourism development / action areas ¥ Expo cities and centres shall be identified and whether as spot centers or axes. expository organisations developed for creating expo ¥ Action plans shall be set up and put in tourism activities. implementation for realisation of agricultural, ¥ Planning efforts shall be made for Istanbul, adventure, cave and sport tourism with cooperation of public and private sector entities and NGOs. Antalya, Izmir and Ankara cities as the expo cities of primary concern and thereafter, in Adana, Gaziantep Congress and Expo Tourism and Trabzon cities as expo cities of secondary concern. ¥ Such cities with suitable infrastructure to host ¥ Comfort and technical infrastructure standards congress tourism as Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, Izmir, shall be defined by the Ministry of Culture and Konya, Bursa and Mersin shall be given top priority Tourism in addition to the Exposition Center Regulations of Turkish Bars and Exchanges
48. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMAssociation at expo centres located within expo cities Phrygian Region: Afyonkarahisar, Ankara, Usak, 39of the 1st and 2nd grade. Eskisehir and Kutahya cities.¥ Directions will be provided for realisation of Central Anatolia: Aksaray, Kirsehir, Nigde, Nevsehirenvironmental layout plans, city main transportation and Yozgat cities.plan and an outlay of accommodation and restaurantservices so as to maximise benefits expected from Balnothrapie Centres to host thermal tourismexpositions at Expo Centres located in expo cities operations shall be identified in the above specifiedof 1st and 2nd grades. regions, followed by efforts concentrated on implementing strategies aimed at developing the¥ Proposals for creating "Expo Centres" coming infra and superstructures for thermal tourism.from outside these cities shall be considered andappraised in line with the opinions of National ¥ In order to encourage private sector, public landTourism Council, TOBB and State Planning and thermal spring allocation shall be made.Organisation. ¥ Feasibility studies shall be ordered from¥ The expo centres located in expo cities of the 1st specialised entities and persons for thermal thermaland 2nd grade shall be taken to introductory projects to be initialized by local governments.brochures and promotional materials of the Ministry ¥ Thermal facilities shall be formed as stand aloneof Culture and Tourism, followed by certification as compounds in design and incorporate hotel andsuch by the Ministry. curing centres annexed to them, all surrounded by green, with built in layout add ons like jogging andTOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES excursion tracks and entertainment facilities (i.e.Health and thermal tourism water games such as aquatic parks and etc.), based on a perspective to enhance the quality of¥ A thermal tourism master plan covering four environment.regions shall be drafted, in the first place. These fourregions will include the following: ¥ With the exception of tourism centers falling outside the reference frames of the Ministry of CultureSouth Marmara: Balikesir, anakkale and Yalova and Tourism, all hotspring areas shall be drawn intocities, architectural designs by professionals and technicalSouth Aegean Region: Aydin, Denizli, Manisa opinion of the Ministry shall be solicited, before theand Izmir cities. designs are approved. In time of architectural plan applications, geology and hydrogeology surveys shall
49. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM be carried out by relevant entities and organisations ¥ Information on regions known to have hot spring40 with specialised knowledge on the matter, but, the facilities and thermal spring waters will be spring conservation sites will have to be identified, emphasized in promotion brochures. in the first place. ¥ Financial grants obtained for infrastructure works ¥ The second house demands inside and adjacent (i.e. land drills, road pavements, potable and to the hotspring locations shall be evaluated, once domestic water supplies, sewage lines etc.) and comprehensive studies are performed to affirm their environmental layout arrangements will, in the first viability. place, be used for pilot areas. ¥ Use of thermal spring water at public locations ¥ thermal tourism shall be taken among the top (such as medical bathing centres etc.) will be priority incentive areas, in practice. encouraged, and no use of such waters at individually ¥ Contacts will be established and maintained with or mutually owned homes and housing cooperatives healthcare and social aid organisations located on will be permitted. This prohibition shall include abroad. public areas not specifically authorised for use as lands to host related premises. ¥ National and international symposia, seminars and promotional programs shall be held to inform ¥ Arrangements shall be made requiring operators the private sector and general society. to solicit and obtain approval of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism before attempting to make drills Winter Tourism on or distribute water from those areas officially ¥ A winter tourism master plan shall be drawn. proclaimed as Tourism Centres by the Ministry. ¥ Access to tourism premises will be made easier ¥ Every measure shall be taken and effort with road or lift connections and plans sufficiently endeavoured to ensure that construction of thermal addressing spaces such as boarding, landing, waiting resort facilities is performed using state of the art and parking points required for the proper functioning technologies and in a dexterous and best thereof will be set out, neat to prospective workmanlike manner to successfully preserve and dimensional and operational needs. reflect the historical architecture and local texture (i.e. architectural designs of Ottoman, Seljuk and ¥ The distances between accommodation facilities Roman times), with the ultimate goal of giving them and ski runs will be scrutinized to make arrangements an international traveller appealing appearance. for providing direct among them.
50. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM¥ Temporary accommodation facilities of such size minimum four golf courses next to each other shall 41and quality sufficient to serve the ski run when be identified and nominated as golf links.operating at full capacity shall be studied and Sea Tourismplanned. ¥ The single entry pass issuing procedures for¥ All such municipal needs as utility water, electrical yachts bearing foreign flags readily handled by thepower supply, sewage systems, garbage pickup trucks, Seaports and Harbours Service and the Departmentscrews etc. shall be studied and planned to cover the of Customs Protection, Passport Police, Border Patrolentire skiing centre. and Coastal Healthcare shall be arranged under a¥ Road interconnections between all skiing and single and common authority.town centres and other tourism focal points will be ¥ Income generated and receipts collected fromrepaired and improved. operation of the Yacht tourism industry pursuant to¥ Ski runs shall be arranged taking due account of operation of the Yacht Tourism Regulations shall beinternationally accepted standards. used exclusively for the purpose of developing the¥ Arrangements shall be made as necessary for the infrastructure needs of the sector and funding fairsorganisation of winter sports competitions and events and expository events to be organised by the sector.at national and international scale under coordination ¥ A set of rearrangements shall be made in theof related City Governments an local administrations, Yacht Tourism Regulations to adapt to and meet theGD for Youth Affairs and Sports and the Ministry of requirements of the day and cover all constituentsCulture and Tourism, at the skiing centres and such of the industry (i.e. cruise ship operations, waterevents and organisations will effectively advertised sports, daily yacht journeys and scuba diving etc.),and promoted. starting with a name change to "Sea Tourism Regulations", as proposed.Golf Tourism ¥ Development of yacht clubs will be encouraged¥ Projects on golf links shall be developed by the while means are provided for the establishment andTurkish Golf Federation and Ministry of Culture and implementation of a system for multi-user yachtsTourism, within the scope of which, areas suitable owned mutually among a group of people on timefor golfing shall be identified, taking the future sharing basis.tourism objectives of the country, into consideration. ¥ Arrangements shall be made in legislation for¥ Areas with sufficient spaces to accommodate exemplifying yachts the sailing on the sea of which
51. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM is largely dependent on wind power and which is effectively serve yachts.42 used exclusively for sporting (racing) purposes from ¥ Promotional activities shall be evolved to increase tax obligations and applying taxes on engine driven the share of yacht and cruise ship operations in yachts at rates to be calculated over their net values tourism activities of the Mediterranean area, while shown on insurance policies. adjustments made to make investments in the ¥ Technical standards and criteria shall be particular area of sea tourism more attractive. developed and adopted for stationary facilities as Ecotourism and plateau tourism well as floating platform systems for bilge water and solid waste disposal. ¥ Locals will be taken to instructional courses on touristic product and souvenir making, services, ¥ Arrangements shall be made requiring banks quality and business administration. operating within the territorial borders of our country, which exports yachts to buyers in the US and ¥ People will be encouraged to build and open up throughout Europe, to lodge securities for the house museums in which various ethnographic and customary prepay deposits collected by shipwrights ecological characteristics peculiar to the region are on shipbuilding orders. displayed. ¥ A variety of arrangements shall be made to ensure ¥ Reception points shall be established at main that short-term instructional courses are opened for entrances of the area, where visitors will find detailed both active and candidate workers of yacht tourism site maps showing various routes, regional sector and other individuals of need, also opening peculiarities, parking plots and touring routes. paths for employment in appropriate sea tourism ¥ Arrangements will be made for completion of enterprises at our coastal regions in addition to fountains, toilets, shelters, distance and directional insertion of new classes in official curricula of tourism signs and configuration of trekking routes to the vocational high schools and academies covering Global Positioning System and tracking satellites various aspects of sea tourism, facilitating probation and against construction of new vehicle passages, of enrollments of the aforesaid in yacht operation in areas reserved for nature tourism. companies, to end up with shipman certification as appropriate for their individual fields of formative ¥ In areas reserved for mass tourism, cartography training and probation. work shall be completed to form basis for physical planning efforts then development plans will be ¥ Regulatory and administrative measures shall generated in the scales of 1:25,000, 1:5000 and 1:1000, be taken so that the existing fishers huts can
52. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMonce after the forestry and pasture areas are ¥ Expo cities shall be provided with sufficient bed 43identified. space and accommodation facilities and events and organisations capable of attracting other industrial¥ In areas chosen for nature tourism, environmental sectors and guests and international airports andlayout arrangements shall be made for such adjacent expo centres shall be constructed inattractions that may be found along the route as sufficient sizes and with sufficient qualities tocaves, falls, interesting trees and rocky formations, accommodate incoming passenger flows of flightsporting areas, camping field and etc. with completion operations.of necessary municipal service links, led bytransportation. ¥ Reviews shall be made as for determining the barriers and impediments beyond branding of Turkish¥ Research centres and scientific museums shall exposition organisations with TOBB and sectorbe established to allow for conduct of research representatives and top priority measures shall thenstudies on characteristic features of the region and be taken for the elimination thereof.scientific demonstration and disclosure thereof. ¥ TOBB certified exposition events that are also¥ Local public shall be taught on guesthouse taken to International Purchasing delegationsoperation and management. program by the Foreign Trade Undersecretary willCongress and Expo Tourism receive due inclusion in all promotional and introductory materials of the Ministry of Culture and¥ Meetings will be organised under leadership of Tourism.the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, aimed atestablishing the organisations needed for the ¥ Measures will be enhanced to allow for the safedevelopment of congress tourism at first, in seven enlargement of exposition areas, that attract verypriority cities determined for congress tourism large international visitor groups.development (i.e. Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, Izmir, ¥ Fairs and exposition events shall be consideredBursa, Konya and Mersin). and treated as a strategic sector for the sustainability¥ Based on attempts of National Tourism Councils, of country exports of tourism products and servicesfirst of all, active roles will be assumed for generating income denominated in foreign currencies.establishing and maintaining congress tourism ¥ In cities where fair and expositional events arecompanies and other similar structures covering staged, local governments, institutions of highermanagement and marketing concerns in each city. educations, professionals chambers and public
53. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM44 administrations will host instructional efforts for OBJECTIVES FOR THE TERM OF 2023 raising awareness on and community ownership of ¥ Arrangements shall be made for integration of city expositions. such health and fitness units as thalasso therapies ¥ Studies shall be conducted for opening associate etc. to existing operations. degree programs for raising fair organisers and ¥ Sporting and recreational areas and especially working staff. the training grounds of sports clubs will be planned. ¥ Golfing areas shall be planned with formation of 3.12. REGIONS TO HOST eligible grounds for investment. REHABILITATION EFFORTS FOR ¥ Entertainment centres and theme parks will be TOURISM AREAS created. STRATEGY ¥ Authentic excursion and replenishment locations shall be arranged in forest area. "To make arrangements for handling in the ¥ High quality shopping malls shall be built in first place and strengthening the multi-storey structures perfectly matching all infrastructure of areas where mass tourism functional and architectural expectations. activities grow intense and for extending ¥ Revisions shall be made on plans as required to tourism season throughout the entire year meet up with concurrent needs as to building heights, plot sizes etc. in municipal areas. in these regions." ¥ Environmental layout arrangements, street The mass tourism that mainly consists of sun-sea- illumination systems, kerbs and pedestrian walk sand activities has already reached a saturation level pavements shall be upgraded in populated landward in the coastal regions of Antalya, Mugla and AydÝn areas. cities. Therefore, there is the need for setting up and implementing a number of secondary arrangements ¥ Farm tourism, organic farming, hobby gardens, for maximising the receipts gained from travellers, boutique villa gardens etc. shall be provided in once they leave their hotels for daytime trips, ensuring landward areas for the dual purpose of avoiding the operation of existing facilities for 12 months speculations and diversifying such areas to help uninterrupted and events adding on the credibility them contribute to tourism. thus serving for the branding of these sites.
54. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM¥ Arrangements shall be made within settlements Within the strategy of developing destinations 45for places suitable for production of original supported by physical decisions in accordance withhandicrafts, market spaces and such transport means the vision and philosophy statements, emphasis willand lines as trolleys, phaeton and lift running tracks. be laid upon regional and thematic characteristicsfor entertaining the guests while giving them a unique of destinations.sight seeing experience. Arrangements shall be made for our national tourism¥ Attention shall also be drawn on arrangement to develop in the form of thematic regionalof cycling paths and pedestrian pavements with a destinations, along predetermined developmentview to diversify and further improve the quality of axes.transportation between the tourism premise and city OBJECTIVES FOR THE TERM OF 2023centers. A key factor to develop tourism on a countrywideTOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES scale is without doubt, diversification ofInfrastructure Unions: These will be encouraged transportation infrastructure, accompanied byfor establishment to assume an active role in solution concomitant quality improvements. Within thisof problems encountered by daily tourism, in addition context, the need is obvious for strengthening theto further strengthening the infrastructure of areas access links of the destinations proposed forwhere tourism activities take place. development, with airports, split highway structures, railway and seaway connections. Therefore it is theTourism Product Diversification: This will be core objective of the action plan to not only developdone in all covered regions. the destinations to be opened up in the upcoming years for mass and coastal tourism but also support them with such tourism diversities as thermal, winter,3.13 TOURISM DEVELOPMENT ZONES plateau, cultural, congress, ecotourism and faith andSTRATEGY gastronomy tourism activities and events. The tourism activities envisaged for development in"To use tourism as a key tool for local and national travel industry is expected to developregional development in tourism development destinations confronting to international standards,areas encompassing more than one cities to spread through inland parts of the selected regionsbe transformed into destinations" and throughout the entire year rather than being dependent on any particular season.
55. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM46 TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES tourism activities. Furthermore, such resident yet minor canyons, ponds, dams etc. of the region shall 1. Thematic Zones: 9 thematic zones are being be redesigned to welcome lovers of Nature and proposed in our country to serve the objectives of adventurers. this strategy, the cities of coverage and themes of which, are as follows: Arrangements will also be made for integration of the area with other types of travel and large scale I. Phryg Cultural and Thermal Tourism "thermal Tourism Cities" shall be brought into life Development Zone with concurrent efforts dedicated to diversification This zone covers the cities of Eskisehir, Afyon, Kutahya of transportation links with improved quality in the and Usak, targets cultural and thermal tourism based Phrygian Tourism Development Zone. development. The areas in the region, which can be proclaimed as This zone is among the top priority development Cultural Heritage Conservation and Tourism areas identified within the scope of thermal Tourism Development Sites shall be identified and forthwith Cities Project, an initiative given start, with completion of physical planning efforts, be allocated consideration of geothermal potentials of the country for the sole use of intended tourism investors, within for developing thermal tourism activities. the scope of the strategic plan. The area encompasses around 20 natural geothermal Finally, there is a proposal for construction of an springs, at the moment. Target is set toward airport at Altintas district of Kutahya City, to help establishing thermal cities and high quality the greater goal of transforming the area into the balneoterapie centres, on and around these springs. most visited and renowned tourism destinations of the country and world, in the medium and long run. The Phryg Tourism area is also rich of natural and The region shall further be enhanced in terms of cultural heritage, representing a unique potential accommodation facilities and capacity with dedicated for relevant tourism types. This potential will be efforts on planning and implementation of thermal, revealed for the exclusive and controlled use of cultural and ecotourism activities. tourism with a variety of excavations, restorations, scape arrangements and other similar efforts. II. TROY Cultural and Thermal Tourism Development Zone Objectives have been set for the planning of 4 golf links each with 18 holes, with a view to diversify "Troy North Aegean Culture and thermal Tourism touristic events, in addition to cultural and thermal Development Zone", covers the cities of anakkale
56. TURKEY TOURISM STRATEGY for 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMand Balikesir and is intended for development of Supplementary studies aimed at diversification and 47Health and thermal tourism as well as rural tourism. quality improvement of transportation links will beWith the rare thermal spring water potential it has performed in the Troy Cultural and thermal Tourismat coastal banks, this region is perhaps the best Development Zone.candidate for becoming a unique site attracting On completion of tourism related planning of theincreasing numbers of international travellers. Given region, investments will immediately be given a start,the unique climatic pattern of the Goose Mountains, to host efforts aiming at transforming the region intowhich is referred as the venue of the first beauty a major destination for nature - cultural and thermalcompetition of human history in myths and tourism in the medium and long term.diversified range of endogenous floral and faunalspecies it hosts, the region has targets for III. APHRODISIA Culture and Thermaldevelopment of a high quality tourism though on a Tourism Development Zonerestricted terrain, combined with its thermal and Covering the cities of Aydin and Denizli and overcoastal tourism potentials. twenty geothermal springs, the "Aphrodisia CultureEfforts will be pursued toward identification and and Thermal Tourism Development Zone" is mainlythen integration with other tourism types of intended for growth towards health and thermalgeothermal springs located along the southern slopes tourism.of Goose Mountains, with arrangements made This region is one of the top priority developmentconcurrently for attracting new investments into the areas within the scope of Thermal Tourism Citiesterritory and increasing the capacities of the region Project, an initiative given start with considerationin terms of both accommodation facilities and of of the geothermal spring water potential of ouravailable bed capacity. Furthermore, the Saros Bay, country and a view to evolve thermal tourism.Erdek and Isle Avsa will be proclaimed as the twonew tourism cities, as a contexture of this zone. Studies shall be initiated and conducted for diversification and improvement in quality of thePlanning and implementation efforts shall be transportation links to Aphrodisia Culture andintensified in the upcoming terms, for adjusting the Thermal Tourism Development Zone.capacities of existing accommodation facilities ofthe region to the peculiar needs of thermal, culture The areas falling within the region, which can beand ecotourism activities. proclaimed as Cultural Heritage Conservation and Tourism Development Sites shall be identified and forthwith completion of physical planning efforts,
57. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM be allocated for the sole use of intended tourism museums built. The region shall also be given a48 investors, within the scope of the strategic plan. boost in terms of both accommodation facilities and bed capicities. Planning and implementation efforts shall be intensified in the upcoming terms, for adjusting the V. CAPPADOCIA Culture Tourism capacities of existing temporary accommodation Development Zone facilities of the region to the peculiar needs of thermal, culture and ecotourism activities. Target The Cappadocia region is a world renowned has been set toward transforming Aphrodisia into a destination with unique historical, cultural and major destination and highly credible brand in the natural riches and original urbanscape embedded medium and long term. in a historical and natural layout, which encompasses the cities of Kayseri, Kirsehir and Nevsehir. IV. SOGUT Culture Tourism Development Stepping forefront with culture tourism, Cappadocia Zone Region has though a vast potential for other types Encompassing Bursa and Bilecik cities and Iznik of tourism which has to be appraised and evaluated district this zone shall be developed for culture better, with conception and implementation of tourism. In the context, impetus shall be given to diversified alternatives as well as improved scenic revive the old historical paths and restoration of layout and attractions such as golf areas to an existing civilisation ruins as well as development of acceptable level of quality, wherefore a number of an open air museum of suitable spots and position targets have been defined toward evolvement of of the territory as a thermal and culture tourism alternative types of tourism thus making the entire development zone in international platforms. region a new tourism destination. Studies shall be initiated and conducted for With the projects to be implemented within the diversification and improvement in quality of the Cappadocia Culture Tourism Development Zone, 5 transportation links to Sogut Culture Tourism golf links each with 18 holes and required set of Development Zone. facilities are anticipated for construction. Furthermore, the interesting geography of the region Efforts will be pursued for integrating the region with that presents extremely convenient layout and tracks other tourism types to obtain a large scale culture for trekking purposes in combination with rich tourism volume in the end and for placing the region handicrafts (pottery, carpet and rug production), among the most significant destinations of world local gastronomy kitchen and regional wines will tourism, with restorations to be made and open field
58. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMform the basis of tourism activities. These will be Moreover, a sustainable tourism approach shall be 49complemented by marketing of the region within a adopted for the entire region which accommodatesperspective of sustainable tourism, with the use of a significant amount and varieties of wildlife, inpotentials for 1 to 2 hour balloon tours, original which all precautions shall be taken to avoidurbanscape evolved in historical and natural layout, deteriorating habitats and ecosystems, while visitorshandicrafts and gastronomy tourism. shall be informed on concerns of nature and its conservation and further given the change to makeThe golf and other alternative types of tourism will individual contributions to conservation efforts.be planned so as to confront fully with the naturaland characteristic features of the region so, boutique The areas falling within the region, which can bestyle hotels shall be built with existing ones restored proclaimed as Tourism sites shall be identified withand improved in quality and bed capacity will be reference to lakes and forthwith completion ofincreased to meet for the demand of tourists. physical planning efforts, be allocated for the sole use of intended tourism investors, within the scopeVI. TERRA MERE Ecotourism Development of the strategic plan.Zone With the land allocation and new investments to beThis zone named Terra Mere, which stands for Lakes made within the Terra Mere, the number of highDistrict, is located in the intersection of Aegean, quality facilities will be improved and bed capacityMediterranean and Central Anatolia regions and will be increased.encompasses the cities of Konya, Isparta, Afyon andBurdur. VII. HITTITE Culture Tourism DevelopmentAs its name suggests, the area is covered by Zonenumerous lakes noticeable among which are The Hittite Culture and Tourism Development zone,Beysehir, Egirdir, Kovada, Acigol, Burdur, Salda, Eber covering the cities of orum and Yozgat, will beand Aksehir Lakes. Efforts shall be sustained for developed for culture tourism.creating a variety of sites for nature trips and a base It is necessary to give priority on domestic andfor such activities as trekking, caravan and tent international tour organisations in order to increasecamping, paragliding, mountaineering, caving, the occupancy rates of hotels in cities within thehunting, horse riding, cycling, surfing, photo safaris region. The areas within the region, which can beetc. proclaimed as Tourism Sites shall be identified and forthwith completion of physical planning efforts,
59. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM be allocated for the sole use of intended tourism Following completion of plans, the region is expected50 investors, within the scope of the strategic plan. With to have improved quality in all of its accommodation the aforesaid investment projects completion, the facilities. region is expected to be given a capacity boost in IX. GAP Culture Tourism Development terms of both accommodation facilities and bed capacity. Zone The area covering Adiyaman, Batman, Diyarbakir, VIII. URARTU Culture Tourism Gaziantep, Kilis, Mardin, Siirt, Sanliurfa and Sirnak Development Zone cities will be developed primarily for culture tourism, Once homestead of the ancient kingdom of Urartu with secondary developments focused on golf, health, in eastern Anatolia, this zone is rich of cultural and youth tourism, ecotourism and travels for such historical elements and encompasses the cities of activities as paragliding, trekking, water sports, Van and Bitlis. Also it has a potential for coastal and canoeing, bird watching and congress tourism. winter tourism and shall be developed for the greater The region will also host large scale culture - faith purpose of converting the region into a cultural tourism development efforts after being integrated destination at both national and international scale. to other types of tourism. At this context, land and The region shall be integrated with other tourism cultural structure appropriations in combination types and a large scale "Urartu Destination" will be with realisation of new projects will help an increase realised, which shall be complemented with in the number of accommodation facilities as well associated land allocation and new investments in as in their bed spaces. the region, which in turn, help an increase in both Finally, the increase in existing accommodation the number of accommodation facilities and their capacity within the perspective of culture - faith bed capacity. Within the scope of projects to be tourism goals will provide additional capacity for realised with these investments, 2 golf playgrounds accommodating tourist groups flown to the regions shall be formed with 18 holes in addition to Ahlat coastal banks. and Van Water Sports Complex, Cruise Ship Approach and Docking Quays and a yacht marina. Furthermore, 2. Tourism Diversity and Integration at the current links of the region with GAP and winter Tourism Development Zones corridors are anticipated to be strengthened. Tourism development planning according to certain themes is in the core of objectives set for the zones.
60. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMIn designs for planning, areas, as wide as possible, in our country which need to be posited from a 51shall be made available and set on a course for tourism viewpoint, due to their richness in terms oftourism development, as in the case of tourism cities. natural, historical and cultural values. The tourism potential of these routes will be brought for use, inArrangements shall be made for associating the a planned manner.development of alternative tourism types with othercultural and natural assets in close neighbourhood. OBJECTIVES FOR THE TERM OF 20233. Administrative Structuring in Tourism Along the corridors which will be developed asDevelopment Zones destination points, transportation will be diversified and its quality will be improved.Both statutory and administrative arrangementsshall be made, as necessary for ensuring self-growth In order to direct the tourism development in theof Tourism Development Zones so as to form a corridors towards boutique hotels anddestination out of themselves and integrity of boardinghouses, which will provide service with lowinvestments to be made and projects to be intensity, high quality and for the whole duration ofimplemented and the establishment of Infrastructure a year, the necessary planning work will be done.Unions with participation of representatives from Corridors will be planned, managed, promoted andpublic organisations, local governments and private marketed with a collective sense of the whole, assector bodies and enterprises. destination points. TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES3.14. TOURISM DEVELOPMENT 1. Tourism Development CorridorsCORRIDORS Within the adopted strategy, 7 thematic tourismSTRATEGY development zones are suggested for our country."To develop a certain route for tourism on The cities actually covered by these routes and the themes that each corridor will reflect are, as follows:definite themes, by rehabilitating historicaland natural texture." I. Olive CorridorThe act of tourism is a social movement, from The Olive Corridor of South Marmara is consisted ofbeginning till the end. This social movement is the city of Bursa and its remote districts Gemlik andensured by transportation. There are certain routes Mudanya, the city of Balikesir with its remote districts
61. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM Gonen, Bandirma and Erdek and the city of anakkale, serve for winter tourism will be ensured.52 with its coastal line extending to its remote district In the Erzurum Konakli and Gez Regions as well as Ezine, also encompassing the Kapidag Peninsula of the surrounding vicinity of the Hot-spring Erdek, with its close neighbourhood in the southern Balneoterapie Centers in the cities of Erzincan, part of Dardanelles and Avsa, Pasalimani and Ekinli Erzurum, AÛrÝ, Kars and Ardahan, new Isles and the Marmara Isle of the Marmara District, accommodation facilities will be created. By utilising lying to the north. the historical city structure located in town centres The region will be developed as a destination for of Kars and Sarikamis as accommodation units, these health and gastronomy tourism. The region, by its facilities shall be restored and improved in both very nature, has a variety of plant species used in capacity and bed space, suitably for accommodating alternative medicine and comes up to the forefront winter, culture, thermal and city tourism flows. with its high potential for production of olives, olive III. Faith Tourism Corridor oil and wines. It shall be this potential, which shall serve as the main theme of the corridors The one called "Faith Tourism Corridor" comprises, development. the city settlements of Hatay, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa and Mardin, with the city of Tarsus laid in the point The region will also form the subject of a number of of origin. plans and applications for thermal, culture and ecotourism operations, along with a capacity increase En route this corridor, plans have been made for in its existing temporary accommodation facilities construction of a split superhighway linking Tarsus vis-a-vis the intended developments. to Mardin, with the accomplishment of which, a boost is expected in the number of visitors, in the II. Winter Corridor short and medium term, concomitant with the The natural, cultural and historical attractions along enhanced accessibility of the region and associated corridor which has been established within the positive change of preference in travellers. Moreover, framework of the ÒWinter Tourism Master PlanÓ under another step considered essential for developing construction in order to develop the winter tourism, Faith Tourism will be taken by interconnecting the and by taking into consideration the existing and cities of Diyarbakir and Siirt, in two alignment potential winter tourism centers within the region extensions laid opposite to one another, with the comprising the cities of Erzincan, Erzurum, AÛrÝ, Kars main railway track that currently ends up in the city and Ardahan, will be associated with other assets in of Sanliurfa. close vicinity and the tourism diversity which can
62. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMThe historical buildings will be restored to serve as made for giving the region a culture and ecotourism 53guesthouses and arrangements shall be made for focused growth, which will include guest-housesupporting small, self or family-owned hotels. operations.The region shall host a variety of planning and There is also a set of plans made for improving theimplementation efforts aimed at improving the region both in terms of the number ofexisting accommodation facilities in terms of capacity. accommodation facilities and bed capacity to well adapt to the specific needs of tourism, with a varietyIV. Silk Road Tourism Corridor of civil works, aimed at restoring the stand-aloneThis corridor has been demarcated to cover the Ayas monumental buildings of civilian architecture of the- Sapanca Segmental Corridor, which is a fraction of remote past into rare structures of accommodation,the historical Silk Road alignment entering Anatolia with the adoption of either Build-Operate-Transferthat trespasses the Metropolitan City of Istanbul to or long term lease methods.reach the European Continent and the Cities ofAdapazari, Bolu and Ankara found on its alignment, V. Black Sea Coastal Corridoralso encompassing the remote districts of Sapanca, This is anticipated as an inland tourism developmentGeyve, Tarakli, Goynuk, Mudurnu, Beypazari, Gudul corridor to be developed for serving suchand Ayas, of the aforesaid cities. metropolitan cities as Ankara and Istanbul, extending between Sile and Sinop Cities with an approximatelySettlements along the corridor will be developed for length of 500 km.nature and ecotourism and will also have permanentlinks with winter tourism facilities of the region. The region will be developed with a perspective of culture, coastal and nature tourism. For the purpose,The region has an ample variety of artworks and the fisher huts found in settlements of Sile, Akcakoca,examples of civilian architecture of the Seljuk Amasra, Cide, Caylioglu and Sinop lying along thisKingdom and the Ottoman Empire, thus is pretty corridor will be restored and each of thesemuch rich of historical texture and heritage. In settlements will become a tourism site in a somewhatfurtherance of its historical past, the Region has a suitable marina / fishers village concept.buoyant potential on its route alignment betweenAnkara and Istanbul, the two major cities of the Along the corridor locations will be specially arrangedcountry, for culture and commodity exchange. As it for camping sites, allowing people to stop by andis also carved in a rich landscape of natural beauties camp either in caravans or in tents and carefullyand interesting scenes, arrangements will also be planned inside conservation areas, which can become
63. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM a focal point for the development of eco-tourism, in The plateau corridor shall further be enhanced with54 addition to a number of recreational, replenishment a diversified range of entertainment and leisure centers wisely placed in the core of woods. Also a activities to include camping, golfing, skiing, caving, variety of plans and related realisation efforts will paragliding, rafting, riding, ballooning, fishing, bungee be provided for building up and commissioning jumping and photo-safari organisations, with boutique hotels, boardinghouses and original appropriate planning and implementation. countryside traveller inns. This territory will host a A number of planning and implementation efforts number of planning and implementation efforts shall be rendered for improving the temporary aimed at developing it into a centre of culture and accommodation facilities already present in the ecotourism, with increased number of region, both qualitatively and quantitatively, with accommodation facilities and improved bed capacity. focus on culture and ecotourism organisations. VI. Plateau Corridor VII. Thrace Cultural Corridor Principally demarcated for plateau and nature tourism The Thrace Corridor is an area covering Edirne, on the coastal sash of the Northern Black Sea from KÝrklareli and Tekirdag cities. Located on the Samsun to Hopa Cities, this corridor embodies a European wing of the Marmara Region, it is gorgeous number of tremendous, breath-catching demarcated as a bowl bordering the Black Sea on landscapes and scenes. the north and terminating at Aegean Sea, in the Embedded in numerous tones of green, this region south. The corridor already has a variety of boutique is the heart of tourism activities and potence of the hotels and specially licensed temporary entire Black Sea Region. Therefore, practical accommodation facilities in place and running, with implementations will take the form of a fresh new a variety of camping and bungalow operations, tourism development scenario founded on plateau, distributed randomly on its plain. coastal, culture and health tourism in the core, for The intended tourism diversity will be considered the entire Black Sea Region. Also, the region will be when drawing up plans for addition on existing bed posited as a unique world site and destination capacity. The historical houses of Adrianople, a polis attracting lovers and explorers of nature both from of the ancient Greek now resembled in the within and outside the country, forthwith upon the urbanscape of Edirne will be restored, in such a integration of plateaus and highlands found in the manner that the old citys appearance can be regained region with other types of tourism. and to serve as accommodation facilities for travellers
64. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMand outsiders in such forms as boutique hotels or 3.15. TOURISM CITIES 55boardinghouses. These accommodation facilitieswill also receive improvements both in quantity and STRATEGYquality, as appropriate for culture and ecotourism ÒTo plan tourism settlements capable ofoperations. competing the world examples by becoming2. Tourism Diversity and Integration along a global brand.ÓTourism Development Corridors OBJECTIVES FOR THE YEAR 2023Plans will be drawn up for developing tourism and Ten new tourism cities shall be brought into life, intravels en route the Corridor with certain themes. addition to the five being planned by the MinistryThe plans will target the opening of areas, as wide of Culture and Tourism.as possible, up for tourism interests, in continuationand as an extension of the concept of tourism cities. TOWARDS THE OBJECTIVESAlternative tourism types to be selected and 1. Tourism Citiesimplemented for the corridors shall be associated Within the scope of the Action Plan, the researchwith other cultural and natural assets of their close and development efforts for the 10 new tourism citiesvicinity. will be conducted and completed. The names3. Administrative Structuring in Tourism proposed for these ten new cities, are as follows:Development Corridors 1. Igneada - Kiyikoy EcoTourism CityAll work necessary at both legislative and 2. Kilyos Tourism Cityadministrative levels will be performed for the 3. Saros Bay Tourism Cityestablishment of Infrastructure Unions, to be formed 4. Kapidag Peninsula, Avsa and Marmara Islesup of public entities and organisations, local Tourism Citygovernments and private sector representatives, to 5. Data Ecotourism Cityhold and maintain miscellaneous investments and 6. Kas - Finike Tourism Cityprojects to be implemented for the realisation thereof, 7. Anamur Coastal Line Tourism Cityin a discrete integrity, so as to allow for the self- 8. Samandag Tourism Citydevelopment of the established Tourism 9. Macka Tourism CityDevelopment Corridors into stand-alone destinations. 10. Kahta Tourism City
65. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM56 2. Tourism Diversity and Integration in 3.16. ECOTOURISM ZONES Tourism Cities STRATEGY Plans will be drawn up for developing tourism and travel in these Cities based on certain themes. "To develop nature tourism with reference The plans will target the opening of areas, as wide to development plans" as possible, up for tourism interests. Alternative OBJECTIVES FOR THE TERM OF 2023 tourism types to be selected and implemented for The territory covering the cities of Bolu, Zonguldak, the corridors shall be associated with other cultural Bartin, Kastamonu and Sinop, which are located in and natural assets of their close vicinity. the Black Sea Region, the inland parts of East Antalya 3. Administrative Structuring in Tourism and the locations where this city conjuncts with the city of Mersin at skirts of the Taurus Mountain, the Cities GAP Ecotourism Corridor which interlinks the main All arrangements necessary at both legislative and GAP corridor with Winter Corridor have been administrative levels will be performed for the identified as the top priority ecotourism development establishment of Cappadocia Infrastructure Unions, zones in Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 for their to be formed up of public entities and organisations, biodiversity and high ecotourism potentials. local governments and private sector representatives, Plans are toward spreading out ecotourism activities to hold and maintain miscellaneous investments throughout the aforementioned regions, always and projects to be implemented for the realisation upholding the principle of sustainability and showing thereof, in discrete integrity, so as to allow for the full respect to and conserving biodiversity, in usage self-development of the established Tourism Cities planning of our natural resources. The natural into stand-alone destinations. resources found in the aforesaid regions are diversified. Accordingly, plans have been devised for evaluation of local products to form the very first steps of evolving into a brand principally through workshops in which various handicrafts and local examples can be processed and associated structuring in local architecture presenting conformity with the environment also observing the balance between conservation and utility.
66. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMArrangements shall be made for integration with ceasing rural population migrations to urban areas 57National Parks, Nature Conservation Sites, Hunting and contributing to the preservation and promotionand Wildlife Reservation Areas and Sites already of national values. Additionally, efforts shall belocated within the regional boundaries, once an pursued, in these ecotourism regions, to;-ecotourism focused development is attained in the ¥ Achieve and maintain economical balanceterritory. The transport infrastructure and access to through product diversification in regional economy,the region shall also be diversified with land, air andrailway links, with the gradual supply and opening ¥ Create major job opportunities for both skilledfor public use of alternative modes of access to any and unskilled labourforce of the region,particular location therein. ¥ Ensure development of small and medium sizedThe grounds will be established for coordinated enterprises located in the region,efforts of public entities and organisations and local ¥ Ensure development of indicative infrastructuregovernments in the ecotourism zones. Provisions investment projects, which would provide an exampleshall be made for assuring recycling of ecotourism and encourage local industrial and commercialoutputs back to the local community and an business entities to take a similar path.understanding that requires active involvement of ¥ Ensure the modernisation process at local levelthe local public shall be adopted and followed by educating youth and the local community, inthroughout the relevant planning and general,implementation activities. Besides, attempts shallbe made as appropriate for establishment of ¥ Provide recreational and touristic opportunitiesInfrastructure Unions at local level with participation for use by the local public and guests in a regionof government organisations, local governments, which has not any other option to evolve sociallyprivate sector entities and local NGOs at localities and economically,to receive ecotourism activities. ¥ create an increase in per capita income ofTOWARDS THE OBJECTIVES individuals among the local community, yielding more taxation revenues for the government, andAt regions to receive ecotourism organisations, non-agricultural areas of employment shall be created ¥ develop an understanding and raise awarenessin the rural, with the greater objectives of reducing, on improving the image of the locality andif not eliminating the interregional imbalances, environmental protection and development concerns,optimising womens status in communal structure, among the local community.
67. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM58 4. IMPLEMENTATION TOURISM Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023, it will be the body for the supplying of data, the implementation, STRATEGY OF TURKEY evaluation and orientation of policies for the Ministry 4.1. Corporate Structuring and of Culture and Tourism. Governance State Planning Organisation (State Planning In order that the Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 Organisation) : shall assume full responsibility can be realized with all its dimensions in an integrity and in order to reach the objectives of the Ninth and can reach its objectives, it is important that National Development Scheme as well as the ones public institutions and organizations, the business of the Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023, the State world and non governmental organizations as well Planning Organisation, being a member of the as the whole public adopt the strategy and act National Tourism Council, will assume an active role. harmoniously according to the common objectives. Ministry of Culture and Tourism; The Ministry In order that this harmony can be realized at the of Culture and Tourism which will assume a regulatory highest level, it is being aimed to realize an efficient, role and also overtake respective duties in the transparent and accountable process at the level of planning, implementation, documentation and political and administrational management, decision orientation of the tourism education. The Ministry taking, programming, resource allocation, application, of Culture and Tourism will play a role as a regulatory, coordination and supervision. By defining the supervisory and directing body. The functions to be authority and responsibilities of shareholders within established and enforced within the Ministry of governance principle, an environment in which with Culture and Tourism are: active cooperation and coordination is worked will be established. National Tourism Certification Service: This function will support the development of and Within this framework, for the implementation of specialisation in international and national standards. the strategy, the institutional structuring model, the roles and responsibilities of inter and intra- Domestic Tourism Research and Steering organisational actors will be pre-pared as follows: Department; This function will do every kind of research, evaluation and policy determination works National Tourism Council; For the determination concerning domestic tourism. of policies and the process of decision taking on the highest level during the implementation of the
68. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 59 TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 COUNCILS NATIONAL TOURISM COUNCIL CITY TOURISM COUNCIL TOURISM COUNCIL AT THE LOCAL LEVEL GOVERMENTAL INSTITUTIONS MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM SECTORAL INSTITUTIONS STATE PLANNING ORGANIZATION GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF INVESTMENTS TOURISM UNIONS MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT AND AND ESTABLISMENTS CHAMBERS OF PROFESSIONALS FORESTRY MUNICIPALITIES GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF PROMOTION UNIONS OF INVESTORS MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF RESEARCH AND TURSAB EDUCATION UNIONS OF HOTEL OWNERS MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL UNIONS OF TOUR GUIDES MINISTRY OF FINANCE RELATIONS AND EUROPEAN UNION AGENCY OF INVESTMENTS OTHER GOVERMENT INSTITUTIONS COORDINATION SUPPORT AND PROMOTION Graph 1. Organisational ChartTourism Education Guidance Service; By National Tourism Data Repository Service;following the changes in the tourism sector, the This function will do the necessary work in orderunit will do the necessary work for setting out the to collect, process and evaluate the statistics, fieldmain aspects, the content and the strategy for wide research and measurements related to tourism.- spread tourism education policies and will submit City Tourism Councils; With the participationits view to the Ministry of National Education, The of its members in order to represent allHigher Education Council as well as the sector shareholders in the region, the Council will submitestablishments how the training can be updated its views, demands and recommendations to thein connection with the needs of the tourism sector National Tourism Council concerning tourismand contemporary developments. development and will thereby contribute to its right decision - taking.
69. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM The organizational structure of the institutions and An intensive preparatory phase has to be fulfilled60 establishments which will be actively involved in the before the targets can be attained and best economic implementation of the tourism strategy document and social benefits retrieved in the shortest possible is given, below. time. 4.2. Action Planning The individual actions have been broken down on schedule, according their implementation priority The Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 has been and expected returns on the timeline. The prepared targeting the term of 2023 for completion, prioritisation of actions took due account of tourism yet it concretises its anticipations about targets as product diversification and countrywide tourism of term 2013. activity concerns. ORGANIZATION DOMESTIC TOURISM RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE STRATEGY PROMOTION AND MARKETING STRATEGY EDUCATION TOURISM DIVERSIFICATION REHABILITATION OF EXISTING TOURISM REGION STRATEGY OF CITY BRANDING TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORRIDORS ECOTOURISM REGIONS TOURISM CITIES 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Graph 2. Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023 Implementation Phase
70. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM4.3. Monitoring and Evaluation 61The criteria of measurement developed for monitoringthe performance of Tourism Strategy of Turkey - 2023and how successfully the targets are attained will beamong the basic tools used by enforcers anddecision-makers to get involved and proceed withthe transformation process. At this extent, a NationalTourism Database Repository and a National TourismCertification Service shall be formed and put infunction.Throughout the process monitoring phase, whichhas critical importance for the overall success of thestrategy, the outcomes of updates measuredaccording to predefined indicators will be subject toregular comparative analyses with preset targets andobjectives.The National Tourism Database Repository Servicewill organise the data transmitted by various publicand private sector entities and then submit itsconclusions with opinions to Ministry of Culture andTourism and National Tourism Council. Later, theservice and council will get together to set measuresrequired to be taken in line with the conclusions andopinions submitted, making necessary amendmentsin the strategy accordingly.
71. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 CONCEPTUAL ACTION PLAN62 M
72. TOURISM STRATEGY of TURKEY - 2023 MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM 63 LOCI OF TOURISM DEVELOPMENT Existing Tourism Winter tourism Settlements based Thematic development Cities zones development locus on Urban tourism (differs according to colors) Suggested Tourism Settlements to Settlements Development zones Towns develop with marinas focused on focused on Cultural and Ecological Tourism religious tourism Development zone for highlands plateau CONNECTION TYPES DEVELOPMENT LINE Silk Road Eastern Mediterranean Function and Plateau tourism and South Eastern transportation development line religious and Gourmet Axes Tourism Line Winter tourism Sea transportation Southern Marmara Western Corridor Connection Olive and Trace Black Sea Line Culture Line OTHER SINGS Airport Marina Harbor Fishermen barracks to be rehabilitated toMINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISM accommodate Rehabilitation yachts 2007 areas
73. Printed in 2023 copies. First edition.
74. MINISTRY OF CULTURE & TOURISMTHE GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF INVESTMENT & ESTABLISHMENTSwww.kulturturizm.gov.tr