2. Christmas Is a Christian Holiday which falls on 25 th December and celebrated by Christians as Jesus Christ’s Birth Day On this Day Gifts are exchanged, Christmas Tree is decorated & Gift from Santa Claus is expected
3. Was Jesus Born on 25 th December? Wha t the Bible s ay? At the time of Jesus’ Birth, Shepherds were watching flocks at night in the fields. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 1 This suggests that Jesus may not have been born in December 25 but in summer or early fall i.e. September or October. Luke 2 : 7 – 8 Bible has not given the exact date when Jesus was born, but it says <ul><li>The Temperature at night in Bethlehem in the last week of December will be below Freezing, especially at night and even Snowfalls. </li></ul><ul><li>On December 25 the weather would not have permitted shepherds watching over </li></ul><ul><li>their flocks in the fields at night. </li></ul>
4. 2 Jesus' parents came to Bethlehem to register in a Roman census that there was to be a numbering of all the world. …, everyone to his town. And Joseph went up from Galilee, out of the town of Nazareth, into Judaea, to Beth-lehem, …, To be put on the list with Mary, his future wife, who was about to become a mother . And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth . And she had her first son; and folding him in linen, she put him to rest in the place where the cattle had their food, because there was no room for them in the house. Luke 2 : 1 – 5 The census described by Luke Luke's account of the census argues strongly against a December date for Christ's birth. For such an agrarian society, an autumn post-harvest census was much more likely. Now it came about in those days that an order went out from Caesar Augustus <ul><li>The Roman and Judean rulers knew that taking a census in winter would have </li></ul><ul><li>been impractical and unpopular. </li></ul><ul><li>A census would take place after the harvest season, around September or October, </li></ul><ul><li>when t he weather was good and the roads were still dry enough to allow easy travel </li></ul>
5. 3 When Gabriel visited Mary, Elizabeth (John’s Mother) was 6 months Pregnant Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town in Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin who was to be married to a man named Joseph, of the family of David; and the name of the virgin was Mary.… And see, you will give birth to a son, and his name will be Jesus. Luke 1 : 26 – 31 If 25 th December is not Jesus’ Date of Birth then … John the Baptist was 6 Months older then Jesus When was John the Baptist Born ? John's (The Baptist) father, Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah (Luke 1:5). Historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June in that year . It was during this time of temple service that Zacharias learned that he and his wife, Elizabeth, would have a child (Luke 1:8-13).
6. A careful analysis of Scripture, however, clearly indicates that Dec. 25 is an unlikely date for Christ's birth. 6 MONTHS AFTER 9 MONTHS AFTER John's conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John's birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus' Birth. Last Week June JOHN'S CONCEPTION Last Week March JOHN'S BIRTH Last Week September JESUS' BIRTH
7. Then how 25th December was set for Christmas. Christmas has its roots in pre-Christian Pagan religious traditions The Romans believed in many gods and goddesses. Months & Days are named after Roman gods Bacchus ( Dionysus) , the god of wine. Mithras, A Sun god Born on 25 th December Venus the goddess Of Love And Beauty Jupiter the goddess Of Women And Fertility Saturn Roman god of agriculture
8. In the fourth century, the church decided to try to redeem a Roman pagan winter solstice festival: the festival of Saturnalia as Christ’s Birthday because pagans already observed this day as a holiday The Yule-feast which lasts for twelve days in from 21 st December, During this time log-fires were burnt, Shrines were decorated with greenery and it was an occa sion for fe asting and drinking. Saturnalia was a large and important public festival in Rome. which honored the god of Agriculture & Harvest which took place on 17 December up to 23 December.
9. Santa Claus Saint Nicholas (Santa Claus) was a bishop Born after 300 years after Jesus The ancient inhabitants of northern Europe believed a powerful pagan god, cloaked in red fur, galloped across the winter sky. These myths combined with the legends of the real life figure of Bishop Nicholas. The word ' Santa Claus ', appears nowhere in the Bible. he was kind, at night he use to bring presents to the needy. He Died on 6th of Dec. and in Europe this day was celebrated as a feast. The celebration date was later changed from Dec. 6th to Dec. 24th eve.
10. The Tree Decorating Rituals were borrowed from the Roman Pagans. The Romans were decorating the Trees with apples and nuts during the Winter Solstice on December 21 with a hope of the Sun returning to bring Spring Christmas Tree Nowhere does the Christmas Tree appear in the Bible
11. Did the Early Christian Celebrate Christmas? Christmas wasn't celebrated by the early church until the fourth century. In England &quot;the strict Puritans refused to celebrate at all, saying that no celebration should be more important than the Sabbath In England in June 1647, Parliament established punishments for observing Christmas and certain other holidays. Christmas A Banned Celebration in England Should Dec’25 be celebrated as Christ’s Birth? There is no command in the Scripture by Christ or His apostles to celebrate His birth.
12. The lure of the profit is so high that, since the 1870s, merchants have vigorously promoted Christmas. Reasons for the growth of Christmas Because of the Economic Factors. The Christmas shopping season accounts for 50% of the profit of the retailers.
13. Bible Warns Jeremiah 10 : 2 – 4 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. Learn not the way of the Pagans
14. Worship not the Images or Idols Deuteronomy 27 : 15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, Deuteronomy 5 : 7 - 9 Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God. Job 25 : 4 – 6 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman? Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?
15. Jesus Says John 8:12 he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, Psalms 97 : 10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil : Bible Says
16. Do You Still Celebrate Christmas?
17. Say: He is God, The One! God, The Eternally Besought of All! He Begetteth Not Nor Was He Begotten. And There is none comparable to Him. Last Testament Chapter 112
18. Please Forward it to your Friends and Relatives. If you need to write about this message or If you want the Above Presentations please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Foretold Prophet In the Bible Who Was Sacrificed Ishmael OR Isaac OUR OTHER PRESENTATIONS Similarities Between Islam & Christianity SUPPLICATIONS
19. I am Thankful to you for your patience and I Pray God to show us all the Straight Path & shower His Mercy on us