1. TEACHING SPEAKING USING STORY TELLING TO EFL STUDENTS Yudhie Indra G
2. Introduction1. English is international language2. English is the most difficult subject for students3. Speaking is the most important point in english subject especially in Junior High School4. Story telling is the appropriate method to expose the students speaking skill
3. Discussion1. The most difficult problem to expose english students ability is speaking2. The students less active in the class3. The teacher still using old methodology4. The english teacher not makes a good interaction with the students in teaching speaking process.
4. HOW TO SOLVE THIS BIG PROBLEM???
5. According to Robinson (2002),storytelling is an excellentteaching strategy because storiesignite student interest, help thestudents create vivid mentalimages and stories activate thethinking process.
6. The Activities in Story Telling Methodology1. Divide the students into groups and each group prepare a story.2. Each group is given an opening of a story and asked to finish the story in about 20 minutes.3. Ask each group to hand in an incomplete story and redistribute them among the groups4. The teacher gives the first sentence to the class and then each students adds one more sentence to make a whole story impromptu.
7. Some Benefits from Using Story Telling for EFL Students1. It can introduce the students to a range of story experiences.2. It can provide the students with models of story patterns.3. It can nurture and encourage the students confidences.
8. Some Benefits from Using Story Telling for EFL Students4. It can help put the students own words in perspective.5. It can increase knowledge and understanding of other places, races, and beliefs.
9. ConclusionIn using this technique, the students can be ableto speak correctly and bravely.But not only can that, by using storytellingtechnique, the teacher also make moreinteractions with them.
10. That is the end of my presentation.Thank you for your attention nice to have been with you today, Good Luck And see you again