http://www.dktinternational.org/country-programs/vietnam/https://www.facebook.com/GoldenChoice- A social marketing campaign that focuses on making subsidized condoms, oral contraceptives pills, and other modern contraceptive methods available to the general population through its nation-wide distribution network. - Targeted interventions that focus on at-risk populations that are vulnerable to HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases.
“A has sent you her/him very special key. What are you still doing here, go unlock her/him ;)”. Transcript: “Cô (anh) bạn A đãgửimảnhghéptìnhyêu củacôấy (anhấy)cho bạn. Bạncóphảilàmảnhghépcònlạiđặcbiệt của cô (anh) ấychứ ;)?”
The estimated total cost of University and High school journey is 80,000,000 VND27 Universities to visit: (16 HCMC, 11 HN)Academy of Aviation of VietnamBanking University of Ho Chi Minh CityHo Chi Minh City National UniversityHo Chi Minh City Open UniversityHo Chi Minh City Architecture UniversityHo Chi Minh City University of CultureUniversity of Economics, Ho Chi Minh CityHo Chi Minh City University of IndustryHo Chi Minh City University of LawHo Chi Minh City International UniversityPosts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology Ho Chi Minh CityTon DucThang UniversityVan Hien UniversityVan Lang UniversityHoaSen UniversitySaigon UniversityHanoi University of AgricultureHanoi Le-Quy-Don Technical UniversityHanoi Open UniversityVietnam National University, HanoiHanoi Medical University Hanoi National University of EducationHanoi UniversityHanoi University of Civil Engineering Hanoi University of LawHanoi University of Science and TechnologyHanoi University of Mining and Geology
Young Marketers 2 - The Unpopular
Young Marketers 2
Tran Thuy Quynh Nhu
Khau Nguyen Du Linh
Competitor Analysis •
Problem Statement &
• Distributed by DKT Viet Nam
• Available in 11,000 outlets; including 9,000
• Normal condom brand
• 4 types (normal, long shock, dotted, flavored)
with 6 different flavors:
plain, orange, strawberry, apple, mint and
• The price is cheaper than other brands in the
– 9.000 VND per small box
– 144.000 VND per large box
Based on the popularity of condom brands in
Vietnam, we choose Durex, Okamoto and
Sagami as OK’s direct competitors.
• Durex is a popular brand not only in Vietnam
but also internationally famous.
Therefore, Durex is OK’s biggest competitors
due to their huge customer base and high
• Okamoto is a Japanese brand famous for
their high quality and super thin condoms.
With medium price range, Okamoto attracts
many buyers in Vietnam.
• Sagami is a luxury brand from Japan that
targets a higher price range with a wider
range of products. Due to its high price, their
customer base is quite selective.
Compared with Durex’s competitors in Vietnam, OK lacks in the availability of condom types
(fragrance, longshot, dotted and natural) while Okamoto, Sagami and Durex has a wider
range of choices (ultrathin, peak performance, performa and ribbed..). On the other hand,
OK condom has a price advantage (only 9,000VND/per box) thanks to government support.
Availability of Condom Types
• First condom brand in Viet Nam
• Received Financial Support policy by
• Cheap – not to receive profit
• Have strong ethical goals – focus on
• Natural latex, without color
• Will be a suitable brands for normal
and low income people
• Hard to find in online market and
• Hard to Information about OK
company because the web address
was under another name.
• Have to compete with different foreign
brands like Durex, Okomoto, Sagami to
find its position in the market
• Create doubts among Vietnamese
consumer about its quality
Mainly urban areas in Vietnam:
- Ho Chi Minh City: 7.386 million
- Ha Noi: : 6.561 million (govn 2010)
13.947 million of total population in 2010 (86.927 million)
Psychographics Social class
Male & Female
B, C and D class income
Current users: young sexually active people who are dissatisfied of the current
condom brand they are using.
Potential users: 55% of Vietnamese youth have premarital sex without condoms.
Non-users: People who have interest in sex and condom.
Medium to high
Pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (HIV/AIDs) prevention
Different options of condom types to choose from
Safe and enjoyable sex, level of pleasure not affected by wearing condom
Lower to middle class
Modern young people who are not much affected by the elder generation’s
conservative thinking about premarital sex. They are people who want to experience
new and exciting things and a bit influenced by Western culture.
In 75% young people who have premarital sex, only 45% use
condoms. This has led to a huge concern regarding sexually
transmitted diseases in Vietnam.
• Enhance OK’s brand image
• Bring back OK’s number one condom
brand position in Vietnam
• Increase 15% sales revenue
• Develop demand from 45% to 60%
of the target audience
• Theme: Using the funny concept of puzzle (xếp hình), a
well-known slang among young adult for sexual
intercourse, to promote the idea of safe sex and enhance
OK’s brand image in Vietnam.
• Theme colors: Red and white
• Tone of Voice: Friendly, Funny, Attractive
• Message behind: Using condom for safer sex.
• Slogan: Match your love puzzles with OK. ( Cùng gắn kết
tình yêu của bạn với OK.)
• Timeline: 6 month campaign, from the beginning of
November 2013 till the end of May 2014.
Time: November 2013 to the beginning of December 2014
– To enhance curiosity among people in the city about the upcoming event of
– Let them go to OK website for more information through QR code
– The private van in red with puzzle theme will be driven around district 1 and 3.
It will have white sentence: ‘Coming soon’ to make people concern about the
event and its product. The bus will go around District 1, 3 and 5 where has
many people around to attract their attentions.
– To attract people about what is coming with the puzzle theme and make them
surprise after access OK’s Facebook fanpage through QR code. The more
people come to OK’s fanpage, the more successful this tactic will be.
Instant condom selling machine
Time: from the begin of November to December 2013
– To increase mass awareness among men and women walk by the bus station
or in the park about the up coming event.
– To allow young people to buy condom publicly without hesitations.
– Together with each decorated bus waiting area, a instant OK condom selling
machine will be located. There are 8 condom slots to choose from:
normal, dotted, long shock and 5 scents. Each box will have different quote for
encouragement, for example: I love you more, Nothing can Stop Us. The
machine will be put in the local park, Main Bus Stop of District 1, 3 and 5.
– To lessen the awkward feelings among the youths while buying condoms
through instant condom machine. This tactics will enhance their excitement
and make them become familiar with condom’s existence with its attractive
packaging design and various encouraging quotes.
• Time: from Dec 2014 to April 2014
– To attract mass TV viewer’s awareness about OK condoms and its up-coming
– To make teenagers and young adults feel comfortable and be familiar with OK
– The TVC will have a romantic concept between a Vietnamese young adult
couple. The guy is waiting for the girl, then when she comes, the girl will give a
guy a box of OK condom with an encouragement on it ‘We can do it’. Like she
agree to make love with him till they use OK condom. The TVC will be
broadcasted after famous TV series or shows for teenager on MTV Viet
Nam, Yan TV, VTV3 and HTV 2 from 6pm to 10pm
• Qualitative explanation:
– The launch day of the TVC will be on Christmas and this TVC will be applied as
the main TVC of condom till the end of the campaign. The TVC attract young
adult not only because of its similar, friendly plot like in Korean cinema but it
also teach them to use condom for having safe sex.
Time: November 2013 to May 2014
– Raising awareness among journalist about the campaign’s mission for save sex through
– Attract newspaper and magazine readers about the event that they can go to OK’s
Facebook fanpage to take a look.
– Print newspaper: Dep Magazine, Esquire Magazine, Elle Magazine, 2! Magazine and Tuoi
– Online newspaper: Channel 14 (Kenh 14) and 24h.com.vn and forums (vozforums.com,
– Newspaper and Magazine will be chosen to attract mass Vietnamese readers. The PR
tactics will be separate into 2 stages: Opening stages with ‘Coming soon’ – Printed
poster, Promotion stages with News article about Instant condom selling machine and
young adult’s safe sex and the press release about the Journey to University campaign.
These 2 stages will attract viewers about OK’s core missions and its products.
• Time: Throughout the campaign
– Enhance customer engagement with OK condoms
– Create awareness about OK and the current promotional activities of
– QR code on the van will lead to OK’s Facebook fanpage. Information
about the campaign will be updated frequently together with PR-ing
the “Love Puzzle” app. Interaction between the page and the
subscribers is also very high.
• Qualitative explanation
– Facebook is no doubt one of the most effective way to reach to the
young people. By using social media as one of the main tools in this
campaign, also the longest, we hope to not only promote the safe sex
awareness but also engage with our customers.
• Time: from Feb 2014 to March2014
– Gain word of mouth marketing and raise awareness
– Increase customer interaction and create positive attitude towards the brand
– Following the QR code on the bus, the audience with be led to a link to download a
mobile app called “Love Puzzle”. “Love Puzzle” will first ask the user’s name then the
person’s name and email he/she wants to give the ‘missing piece’ to. The person will
open his/her mail with the message “A has sent you her/him ‘s puzzle piece. Are you
her/his missing piece? ;)”.”. Under the message will be a big icon encouraging the
receiver to share this on their Facebook with the description “B was sent a special puzzle
to match someone special’s. How about you?”.
• Qualitative explanation
– The launch date of “Love Puzzle” is during Valentine and White Valentine
holidays, which are the ideal festivals for couples to express their love to each other. The
app’s main color theme will be red and white, with OK’s logo at the bottom of the app.
The layout will be changed depending on the upcoming festival. By integrating social
media and modern tech, “Love Puzzle” aims to create viral marketing and WOM, also
excitement for the target audience. Thus, a metaphoric message sent between users
together with OK logo will somehow increase the audience’s safe sex awareness.
• Time: from January 2014 to May 2014
– Increase brand awareness of OK and let
people become familiar with the brand.
– Reach 65% of total target market
– Digital billboard would be chosen as a tool to inform OK’s campaign.
Streets which meets the high traffic level includes Nguyen Hue
Street, Nguyen Van Cu street, 3/2 traffic-circle, Hang Xanh
roundabout, Phu Dong traffic-circle, Cach Mang Thang Tam street
(HCMC) and crowded streets in Hanoi.
• Qualitative explanation
– At the beginning of the year, especially on Tet holidays, there are a lot
of cultural events occurring on these streets, which leads to the
implication that a great deal of people will get exposed to these
billboards. Moreover, setting billboard in the digital form would carry a
high probability of grasping attention from people.
Journey to Universities in HN & HCMC
Time: 2014April 2014 to May
– To increase brand awareness and brand image in the target customers’ perception
– To give samples to universities students
– Target: 27 big universities in HN and HCMC. A group of 4 promotion girls and boys
(carefully selected PGs with sexually attractive appearances) wearing OK uniforms will
give out free OK condoms to students.
– This event can attract many students to participate in because the time we choose to
conduct this event is after examination period of most universities, so they have time
to relax and excited. Moreover, with 2 decorated buses, we can expose the brand
image of OK to the streets that the buses have been to, the brand awareness also
– University journey also can create WOM and viral marketing effect because most
students want to take pictures with/of beautifully decorated buses and with their
friends to post on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram or Zing me.
Campaign budget: 5.000.000.000 VND
Condom selling Machine
• Number of fans on Facebook
• Comments and like rate among each posts
• The increase of Facebook visit and number of Fan page per
• Number of Articles on newspaper and online newspaper
• Positive and Negative comments of viewers
• Numbers of Viewer
• Online survey
• The number of box’s condom has been sold
• Download rate
Journey to University • Number of Attendant
• Number of comdom’s boxes have been sent
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.