1. Go to socrative.comand click on Sign Up to create your account. 2. Enter your email address and choose a password. Your Password: ______________ Presented By: Meredith Martin firstname.lastname@example.org @geekyteach
3. Enter your information, then read through the short tutorial. Use the arrows to move through the Your room number is very tutorial important. This is the code the students will enter when you 4. use Socrative. Next step is to choose an activity. 5.
6. Your questions and students answers will sync between your devices, giving you real time feedback on student performance. Your main teacher menu is where you access and create your quizzesNote: iPads are not and view reports. required to useSocrative. It can beused on computers as well! 7.
8. On your main menu, you have the option to add quizzes to your account either by creating one from scratch or importingThere are severaldifferent ways toshare the quizzes with 9.students. Use Manage Quizzes to create and edit!
10. Single question activities allow you to ask questions verbally and collect answers quickly.You will see answersarrive in real time asstudents submit them. 11. Some types of questionsallow students to vote on answers!
12. When creating a quiz, you can enable sharing so other teachers can use it, and create multiple choice and short answer questions. 13. Use the arrows on the right hand side to move questions up or down,and the red button to delete.
14. You can import pre- created quizzes in two ways - either from excel or from a shared quiz created by another teacher. To import a shared quiz, you will need to enter the SOC number. 15. Jot down the SOC numbers ofquizzes you create and share them with colleagues!
16. Space Race allows students to compete in teams to complete quizzesExit tickets are aquick way to checkfor understanding 17.after a lesson. Exit tickets are pre-made, butyou can create your own on the quiz menu
18. At the end of each activity, you have the option to have reports emailed or downloaded.At the bottom of theteacher menu aremore account options. 19. Dont forget to log out when you are done!
20. The iPad view is very similar to the desktop view. I find it easier to create quizzes on the desktop, and share them on the iPad Dont forget to select the correct icon!