2. February 23, 2014
• To celebrate pupils’ learning and achievements.
• To provide real audience and purpose for children’s
writing across the curriculum.
• To promote standards in literacy and facilitate
• To develop safe opportunities to collaborate with
other schools and outside experts.
• To encourage the wider community to get involved
in the work of your school.
• To offer visitors a ‘window’ into the everyday
excellence that takes in your school.
• To distribute the workload of maintaining a website
more evenly across the school staff.
• To give a platform for pupil voice to be heard and
• To allow stakeholders such as governors or parents’
groups to participate in the school’s web presence.
• To provide a secure and authentic environment
through which children can explore and learn about
the world of digital literacy.
3. February 23, 2014
• Each child has their own blog
and QR code
• 100 Word challenge- 5 sentence
• Compfight/Flickr to embed
• Top Commentators Widget
• Twitter account - embedded
• Tweet authors with work