1. In a rainforest you can clearly tellthat it rains a lot because of thename. Each year at least 1500 to2500 ml of water will come down.In a rainforest there is no dryseason so if you are planning aholiday and don’t want to get wetthan you better cancel.
2. In a rain forest it pretty much stays the same. Duringthe day the temperature is between 30 to 35 degreescelcius. But during the night it is between 20 to 25.The reason rainforests are hot and wet is becausethey are found near the equator. Which means thesun directly hit the water and the land. The reason itrains so much is also because of the equator. Itmakes the water evaporate because of the heat andthen it slowly cools and makes rain and that is why itis always humid and some times raining.
3. Rainforests are located in manyplaces. Such as Africa, LatinAmerica, Brazil, SoutheastAsia, pacificislands, Norway, Japan, SouthernAustralia, New Zealand and theunited kingdom. If you don’t knowwhere that is than look at thepicture behind the text.
4. The reason they are located inthese places is again becauseof the equator. The sun hits thewater directly and the waterevaporates into the air. Thenthe moist air makes the plantsgrow so that is why I is alwaysso much greenery.
5. In the rainforest there are many trees andplants even some of the vegetation you eatfor dinner started growing in the rainforests.For example tomatoes, corn and evenpeppers are growing in the rainforest. Someof the stuff that grows in the rainforest isshrubs, coffee, rice, coconuts, corn, peppers,tomatoes, sweetpotato, bamboo, mangrove, strangler fig andlots more.
6. Mangroves areamazing trees thathave adapted to theirsurroundings.Mangroves need fourthings to survive saltwater, specific soiltype, climate and tidalmovements. Thereare more than 50species of mangroveswhich include the redmangrove(Rhizophora mangle)
7. Strangler figs got their namebecause they grow rapidlyand wrap around other treesand squeeze them to death.The reason the strangler figkills other trees is becausethey are always in acompetition for the sun lightso they don’t just kill for thefun of it. The strangler treedoesn’t just squeeze the treeit also squeezes the roots ofthe tree with its roots.
8. In the rainforest there are many animals such asSpider-monkeys, Macraw, toucan, treesnail, poison arrow frog, morph-butterfly, sloth, rhinoceros beetle and many more.All of them are different in many ways and areunique. Some of them are at extreme risk ofextinction or under threat. The smartest animal ina rainforest is a chimpanzee. Chimpanzees arealso under threat so you may only see them in azoo.
9. The Rhinoceros beetle you think would be smallbecause it is an insects. They are 6cm which is thisbig.The rhinoceros beetle is found in south eastAsia, Indonesia , Australia and in tropical places.When they are disturbed they make a strange hissingnoise by rubbing they’re abdomen against they’rewing covers. If you find one and it has horns thatmeans it is a boy and it will be smaller than a femalerhinoceros beetle.
10. The spider-monkey is a very interestinganimal. They can be in Central and southAmerica from southern Mexico to Brazil.They’re genes have 7 different species ofmonkeys. Both of the black headed spider-monkey and the brown spider-monkey areunder threat. The spider-monkey is one ofthe largest new world monkeys and are onlyfound in rainforests. The spider-monkey onlyforage in the high canopy of the rainforest.
11. Food chains are a great way to know whatanimals to avoid unless you are an expert.For example the squirrel eats the nuts andthen the tiger eats the squirrel. It all works outwell for the tiger but the squirrel had a badday.
12. Food webs are all joined.The anaconda would notjust eat monkeys it willalso eat the squirrel . Soall of the food webs yousee are actually all onebig one.
13. The problem with rainforests are that everysecond a part of the rainforest that is the size of afootball field is being destroyed for paper.In the rainforests Giant bamboo trees grow 9inches every day. Sloths are so slow that algaeand moss grows in their fur. 80% of the plantsfound in Australian rainforests are not found in anyother rainforest. 1 out of 4 of our medicines aremade out of rainforest plants. An approximateguess is that half of the animal species in theworld are fund in the rainforest.
14. An interesting fact about the rainforest is that57% of the rainforests all over the world arelocated in Latin America. The reason that theyare located in Latin America is because of theequator. The equator makes the sun directly hithe water which makes it evaporate into the air.When it is in the air it helps the greenery grow.So slowly the greenery will absorb some waterout of the air and the left over water turns intorain.