4. mon‧ey [uncountable]what you earn by working and can useto buy things. Money can be in theform of notes and coins orcheques, and can be kept in a bank
5. spend money make/earn moneymake money (=make a profit)lose money (=not make a profit, so that a business owesmore than it earns)cost money/cost a lot of moneysave moneylend/borrow/owe moneywaste money (on something)be a waste of moneycharge (somebody) moneyraise moneypay money (for something)give somebody their money back/refund somebodysmoneya sum/an amount of moneyget/earn good money (=be paid good wages)
6. Dont spend all your money on thefirst day of your holiday!
7. She doesnt earn very much money.
8. Hes working for a finance company now,and making lots of money.
9. At last the business is starting tomake money.
10. The company is losing moneyand may have to close down.
11. The repairs will cost quite a lot ofmoney.
12. Were not going on holiday this yearbecause were trying to save money.
13. Could you lend me somemoney?
14. I dont want to borrow money from thebank unless I really have to.
15. They charge huge amounts of money fortheir services.
16. Were trying to raise money to helpchildren with cancer.
17. If you are not completely satisfiedwith our products, we will give youyour money back.
18. He was left a largesum of money.
19. You can earn good moneyas a computer programmer.
20. 1. Dont _______all your money on the first day of your holiday!2. She doesnt _____very much money.3. Hes working for a finance company now, and ____loads of money.4. At last the business is starting to _____ money.5. The company is ______ money and may have to close down.6. The repairs will _____ quite a lot of money.7. Were not going on holiday this year because were trying to ________ money.
21. 1. Could you _____ me some money?2. I dont want to ______money from the bank unless I really have to.3. They ____ huge amounts of money for their services.4. Were trying to _____ money to help children with cancer.5. If you are not completely satisfied with our products, we will ____ you your money back.6. He was left a large _____ of money.7. You can ______ good money as a computer programmer.
22. spent save cost makes makeShe ______ a little money by babysitting.More money should be _____ on training.Good food doesn’t have to _____ a lot of money.Companies fired workers to ______ money.The farm was beginning to _____ money at last.
23. borrow lost owes lent(lend)The movie didn’t attract audiences and ____ money for the studio.Has he paid the money he ______ you?My dad _____ me money to buy a car.They arranged to ______ money from the bank to buy a house.
24. waste saved owe raisesHe ______ me money.Don’t _______ your money on a computer thatdoesn’t have enough memory.The Christmas fair ______ money for the school.She had ______ up enough money to buy a car.
25. Ile słów trzeba znad, by rozumied angielskie teksty?http://alinanowaczyk.pl/raporty/raport1000slow.pdf Metody uczenia się języka angielskiego: http://www.l-earn.net/index.php?id=349 Komunikuj się za darmo: http://www.livemocha.com/