AN EXAMPLE OF MY
A Problems to Be Solved
An Inquiry from a faculty member who teaches
Intermediate Chinese courses at Pennsylvania
I wonder if there is a better way to help my
students practicing their oral Chinese.
Problem Analysis I
Q: Could you describe the objectives that you expect
your students to achieve?
• To improve their language skills, such as pronunciation,
vocabulary and grammar.
• To improve their conversational skills, such as fluency and
the organization of the speech.
Problem Analysis II
Q: What other thoughts/concerns do you have?
• I prefer a out-of-class activity because I don’t have
enough in-class time.
• I prefer a collaborative activity.
• I prefer I could have some sorts of assessment on their
The Suggestion—Peer Review
Activities via Voicethead
Procedure of Peer Review Activities
Review Others’ Projects
Design of the Projects
Based on Given
Narrate a Muted
I (the Instructional Designer) Would
Voicethread Tutorials (PDF)
A 30 minutes Voicethread Training
for the Students
An Evaluation Survey
The Instructor Would Need to Prepare :
Instructions on the
Instructions on How to
Provide Peer Feedback
The Students Would Need to Have
A Voicethread account
A 30 minutes training
Internet access, a headphone
set, and a web camera (Optional).
Demo of the Project—The Instructor’s