2. who is Melcion?7 partners3 in the US, 4 in Europeover 150 clients:there are entrepreneurs running 15M€ average revenuesin any industryin multiple countries: France, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, USA(East and West coast), Singapore, HK, Philippine , mainlandChinaany size from 0€ revenue to public 250M€ revenues
3. what are Melcion partners doing?helping Entrepreneurs by anywaysmeeting their client once a monthbeing available at any timefinding new ideashaving a different point of viewenabling the entrepreneur to take the helicopter viewwe are payed on a yearly basis by a fee at the entrepreneurconvenience
4. what is an Entrepreneur?
5. startup financingthe VC myth:business plan:1year of work for free50k of costpersonal expensesraising capital:VC sifting 1 deal out of a 100 projects receivedif you visit 50 VCthat 50% chancesExecuting:1 deal out of 10so that 5% compounded chances
6. Inc 500a yearly selection of 500 US private fast growing companiesgrowth measured on a 3y periodfirst year with a 750k$ miniinc.comfor 28 years now, thats about 15.000the demographicsgrowth : 8000% on 3yaverage funding: 75k$VC funded : 2 to 4%BA funded : 2%
7. reality check on VCresearch from Pr O. Gottschalg and L. Phalippouover 25y, private equity fund is 3 point under S&P performanceso it cant be 1 deal out of 10 succedingit has to be 1 out 30 to 50so chances for entrepreneurs raising equity with VC are <1%
8. startup financingthe VC myth reality:business plan:1year of work for free50k of costpersonal expensesraising capital:VC sifting 1 deal out of a 100 projects receivedif you visit 50 VCthat 50% chancesExecuting:1 deal out of 10 50so that 5% 1% compounded chances
9. what solutions?
10. salestargetinghunt for the wounded elephant?not everyone is your ideal first clientpricingin marketing, price is defined as the highest your customer canand will afford
11. business modelless consumptionfaster access to client solutiondeal with suppliers/distributors
12. when it is not enough?Entrepreneur CommonsEC financing
13. what is EC?need to serve all the Entrepreneursbut we are only 7 partnersand there is up to 5M entrepreneurs in the USPeer support is the answerEC is a peer to peer support group organised by local chapterof 10 people.There is 17 chapters so farthey meet once a month2 hours meeting:each member is telling the others about one nice story of themonth and one todays problem
14. next step for ECpeer to peer financing:during the 30s, emergence of mutual bank is an entrepreneurinitiativebut these initiatives turned into banksnow we have the opportunity to have a mix of mutual bankswith web 2.0
15. what is the idea?mutual guarantee fund is first stepentrepreneurs are feeding the fundentrepreneurs are deciding what project is eligible fora guarantee(need for a random selection due to a lack of resources)then the selected project can have a bank loan withthat guaranteebanks can using it as a way to have an automatic processa real lending fund is next
16. how can you help?initiating new EC chaptersraising money for the mutual guarantee fundhttp://www.indiegogo.com/Guarantee-Fund-for-Entrepreneur-Commons-2