- Here's an idea: Development can't be the sole responsibility of a single institution, a professional sector or country government - it's a complex issue that can only be tackled by a number of different actors. What do they all need? The data, the information, the knowledge and the tools to make decisions and take action.
- What does it mean to be Open? When it comes to our data - it's both legally and technically Open. - Our access to information policy, much like a government's freedom of information legislation, puts in place the policies that make much of the Bank's information "default open" - so you explicitly have to close it. On top of that, we license our data in a way that encourages free use and reuse for commercial and non-commercial purposes, as long as we're credited as a source.technically open bit Data on development and Bank operations centrally available in searchable, reusable electronic formats on data.worldbank.org socially open… at the Bank, we're open about what we know and open about what we do
Microdata catalog - offering researched access to raw survey data covering household etc. specialist datasets available in the data catalog: making data from across the bank visible and findable in once central location- Specialist data - WITS - trade data, databases on migration and remittences
- Macroeconomic indicators on a range of data from education, energy and environment to poverty, gender and health.Browseable by indicator, country or topic
- Recently launched financial data portal: data on loans, grants, trust funds. Mapping for results platform adds a further dimension by showing where we’re working along side sub-national measures etc.
- Open about what we do: important for transparency, improving coordination – Rahyab talking about projects and IATI, Alex more about IEG performance ratings
We share the same tools we use internally with an outside audience -
World Bank Open Data Overview
Open Data, Open Knowledge, Open Solutions<br />
data.worldbank.org<br />email@example.com<br />@worldbankdata<br />Open Data <br />at the World Bank<br />Open about what we do<br />Open about what we know<br />Open to new engagement<br />Supporting others to be open<br />