“Scientists Reverse Drug”
• Scientists have figured out a way to reverse Alzheimer with
• Trial’s of this drug, known as rember, in 321 patients showed
an 81% difference in rate of mental decline, compared to those
who don’t take treatments.
• The Aberdeen University researches said the drug targeted the
build up of specific protein in the brain.
*Patients That Have Alzheimer*
• Patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s
disease were given either 30, 60 or 100 mg of
the drug or placebo.
• The 60 mg dose produced the most effective
,over 50 weeks there was a seven- point
difference on a scale used to measure severity
About The Treatments
• Some of the treatments for Alzheimer tend to
focus on combating a waste protein in the
brain , Beta-amyloid, which is known to form
• Methylthioninium chloride is the first
treatment to target the Tau tangles.
• The drugs are still in Trial, forming a new
class called secretase modulators (GSM).
• A study in nature shows us that they cut levels
of protein that forms the sticky clumps
associated with Alzheimer.
• The clumps are formed by long pieces of
amyloid beta protein that causes breakdown
between the brain cells and lead to dementia.
-Scientists are trying to reverse this memory lost.
-The studied on a mice that had alzheimer.
-It was able to regain memory etc.
-They did a playground test about this.
-After 6 weeks with the brain disease the mice were
no longer able to perform certain tasks that they
could before. The mice that were shocked could
remember better then in the cages.
• Other treatments for Alzheimer's
tend to focus on combating a waste
protein in the brain, beta-
amyloid, which is known to form hard
plaques. The latest work suggests
targeting Tau may produce better