The most commoninterview question’s Prepared by Willy madinda Tutorial Assistant (T.A) Tanzania Public Service College +255 714 367 2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS1. Tell us about yourself:This is often the opening question in an interview. Its alsoone of the most difficult if youre not prepared. Remember,the interviewer does not want to hear about yourhometown or your family background.This question calls for your one-minute commercial thatsummarizes your years of experience and skills and yourpersonality in the context of the job for which you areinterviewing. Get to the point and sell your professionalself. Develop a few brief sentences that demonstrate youhave what it takes to do the job -- experience, provenresults and desire to contribute.
2. Why should we hire you?The key to answering any question about you versus yourcompetition is using specifics."Everybody is going to speak in generalities, so you needsomething that will make you stand out a bit," show themthat you are best-suited for the job. Point outachievements and accomplishments that are relevant tothe position, as well as experiences in dealing withdifferent types of records. Pinpoint the qualities you havethat are truly valuable to the company.
3. Why do you want to work here?What do you know about our company? "I woulduse this opportunity to show off what I know aboutthe company and, more importantly, how I wouldfit in." if there is problem I would point out things Ihave done in similar companies that could addresstheir problems."
4. What are your weaknesses?The secret to answering this question is using yourweaknesses to your advantage.I would turn my weaknesses into strengths, For example, ifmy weaknesses include my lack of patience I would thenstate that because of this, I have learned to take specialmeasures to ensure that I remain calm and attentive."Just make sure that you do give a real answer to thisquestion. None of us is without faults, so dont pretend thatyou do not have weaknesses.
5. What did you dislike about your last job?Why did you leave your last job? You need to be cautious about these kinds of questions and make sure you do not end up sounding bitter. "I would never talk down about my former company, the boss, or my former co-workers," Tara said. You need to have a good understanding about the job for which youre applying to turn this question into a positive one. It may be best to say that you really enjoyed many aspects of your job, then focus on how this new job will give you the opportunity to contribute more in a particular area that is key to the position.
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?An interviewer does not want to hear that your five-year aspiration is to be working in a different industry.You need to talk about goals you have that relate tothe job. This will demonstrate that you understand theindustry, the company and are motivated to succeedthere.
7. What are you interested in thiscompany?Deeply search for the background of the company toanswer this question. Find out some good points andtag line or slogan. Come up with some good pointsand position which attracted you towards thatparticular company. Look out for someresponsibilities, essential activities, company’s missionand vision in the job itself.
8. What are those things that motivate you to do this job?Your answer should be dependable on your pastexperiences and background. Relate it with the postyou are applying for. Some motivation includesincreased responsibility, challenge, teaminvolvement, task complexity, interpersonalinteraction, learning opportunities and growth.
9. you want to work as a HR officer, what are your strengths and weaknesses.Always try to focus on your strengths that are relatedwith the HR job. Explain some of your of your positivepoints. Explain some points that reflect your strengthsin this context. Also explain your weaknesses in termsof strengths.
10. What qualities are most important for HR job?You must be able to recognize all important HRqualities. i.e. planning, controlling, directing teamwork.
11. Why do you want to join a Registry job?If you are asked about this question, don’t be afraid toanswer this question relevant. Always give somerelevant answers. I want to enjoy new challenges, Iwant to practice my real ability and contributepositively to the organization.