Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word “negotiation,” the truth is that we negotiate all the time.
For example, have you ever:
• Decided where to eat with your project team members?
• Decided on work assignments with your team?
• Asked your customer for more time to elicit requirements?
“Negotiation is a process of communicating back and forth for the purpose of reaching a joint decision.” Roger Fisher and William Ury, Getting to Yes
1. What negotiation is
2. What are the best negotiation tactics
3. When to use negotiation tactics