Wedo Auctions Webinar Hosting Raz Mobile Sept 25th, 2013
Live Fundraising Event Success
How do you produce a great event every time?
Cater to your patrons!
Live Fundraising Event
Common Live Event
Social Cocktail Style
Awareness & Community
Pre Event Decisions
Who do we want attending the event?
- Current Supports, Attract New Supporters, Affluent
- This tells us what type of items to acquire and how
much to charge for the event
How do you market your event?
Do we market our events properly ?
(Think Like Corporate America)
- Gala, Social, and Themed Events:
Fun and exciting on top of the cause
Making your Award winner feel special and huge honor
- Awareness & Community:
Fun, exciting and family oriented
Fun & Exciting Flyer
While stating your mission or cause!
Making your Award winner feel special and huge honor.
Improving Our Auction Items
Treat our auctions like a retail store!
- People shop for what they like and others are attracted to the sales.
Find out what our patron like and will spend money on.
- Auction Reporting and Tracking
- Call and ask
What makes our auction stand out?
- Change up our items from year to year
- Put items together to create something different and higher value.
- More items do not always create more income
- Have price points for everyone in the room
Current Must Have Item: Men's watches, Cigar Boxes, Pet Baskets, Candy Baskets, Sporting items
during that season, Sports and Celeb Autograph items, Classic Jewelry,
Gift Cards to the top restaurants in your area, 3 Day Vacations
It’s Auction Time
Trends in Auction Functionality
Mobile & Online Auctions
Pre Launching the Auction
Pre Authorizing Payment
Silent Auction Closing After Live
Mobile & Online Bidding
- Creates fun interactive activity for the patrons during the event
- See and bid on items before the event even starts
- Instant notification with they get outbid so they don’t forget what they are bidding on
- Allows patron to enjoy the event and not stand by the bid sheets all night
- Leave right after the auction is over without standing in a long line
Mobile & Online Bidding
- Start Raising money before event starts
- Patron does not have to attend to participate
- Less volunteers need to run the auction
- Allow the staff to interact with the donors and sponsors
- No stressful collecting of bid sheets and data entry
- Instant Reporting
- Fast and Easy Checkout process
Why Pre Launching Your Auction
This allows us to market and build excitement for our
silent auction and event
Patrons can start bidding and donating before the
Eliminates the checkout process and patrons can now pick up
their items with no long lines.
Your organization is guaranteed to receive their funds and do
not have to worry about collecting after the event.
Increase Auction Activity
Promote bidding from the front of the room. Don’t rely on a
text message to move people.
Create a large excitement as the clock ticks down
Leave silent auction open for 10 minutes following the live
auction. (This allows those patrons who lost in the live auction
to jump back into the silent and bid more)
Fast & Efficient
- This is the last thing people remember at the end of the night.
- Pre Authorization create a pick up line with no payment
- Multiple line for credit card and one for cash/check
- Proper amount of volunteers to help patrons get their items
Tracking for Our Next Event
Whether we use mobile technology or pen and paper
we must track the activity in our auctions.
- What items had the most bids
- What created the most amount of money
- How money people participate
- Who bought what
- Top donors
We must know what type of patrons are attending our event and cater the
theme and marketing to them.
Know what your patrons will be interested in purchasing in the auction
Create a fun, enjoyable and easy way for individuals to bid
Develop a fast process for our patrons to checkout
Keep track of our results and data for the next auction (CRM)