1. social media strategies massimo burgio global search interactivebarcelona 2 marzo 2012 #webcongress barcelona sempo board of directors
2. quien es massimo burgio? Global Search Interactive -- agencia SEMPO Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization -- industria Burning Man -- network creativo Asturias Paraiso Cultural -- projectos culturales iPad4Africa -- gift economy project ... and much more -- =)
3. let’s startwith basics
4. user-powered internetno more passive consumers!each consumer produces opinions, and share them with communities
5. a new kind of marketingintelligence
6. listen keywords voting word of mouth engagement buzz blogsreferrals social rating networks competitors online reputation key phrases polls
7. a new breed oftools marketing
8. a new style of marketingmindset
9. change mindset
10. you can strategize integrate innovatesocial media
14. perseverance is the key: dancing man http://bit.ly/dancing-man-video
15. social mediaplanning
16. social media networks: facebook what?
17. social media networks: facebook what? • Social networking sites • Online collaborative tools • Photo / video sharing sites • News aggregators • Blogs / bloggers’ communities • Forums / Message boards • Social bookmarking • Podcasting / videocasting
18. conversations happen everywhere
19. web users engage everywhere
20. users are everywhere, users are the web
21. social media strategies: goals
22. social media performance by channel source: cmo.com
23. social media performance by channel source: cmo.com
24. social media performance by channel source: cmo.com
25. social media performance by channel source: cmo.com
26. social media marketing by time + resources
27. this is how we do it for our clients dialogo assicurazioni - car insurance blog, facebook, ciao, UGC, youtube, yahoo! answers, wikipedia pitti immagine - fashion events blog(s), youtube, flickr european school of economics - mba school online magazine, facebook, twitter, youtube, online pr telepass (autostrade) - national motorways facebook, twitter, UGC, youtube, online pr, flash surveys bea italia (oracle) - technology surveymonkey, blog, facebook, linkedin groups academia barilla - food blog, youtube, facebook, twitter, online pr, newsletter
28. the best solution for your business? find your own social way
29. it’s all aboutcontent andengagement
30. cluetrainmanifestobrands are conversations, andrelationships too. it’s about talking topeople with a human tone, being trulyinterested to their topics and helpfulin the conversations. conversationsmust make sense, and be engaging(1999).
31. more readingunmarketingsocial media is about engagement.it’s about time to stop using socialmedia with immediate ROI in mind,or pressing sales goals.stop marketing. start engaging.(2011)
32. are you ready for interaction? WEB 1.0 WEB 2.0 source: territorio creativo
33. what’s your social media messaging? COMMUNICATION SOCIAL CUSTOMER MEDIA PRODUCT CARE MARKETING DEVELOPMENT ADVERTISING source: territorio creativo
34. are you ready for conversations?
35. do you have the right tone and approach?
36. are you talking to the right people?
37. did you try to ask around? clients + prospects your target market employees + stakeholders your business “family” partners + suppliers your business “ecosystem” competitors don’t ask, just benchmark! =)
38. always ask your audience: quick case history
39. always ask your audience: quick case history
40. do you have the right editorial team?
41. do you have a social media policy? http://bit.ly/australian-social-media-policy
44. contentstrategiesknow your voice ( )know your audience everything you say ontime your content the social web should “sound” like your brand.solve problemsbe true
45. contentstrategiesknow your voice ( )know your audience why do they follow/like you?time your content it’s because your brand offers them something. make sure you deliver.solve problemsbe true
46. contentstrategiesknow your voice ( )know your audience create an editorial plan and maketime your content sure what you say and when is relevant your target audience’s needs.solve problemsbe true
47. contentstrategiesknow your voice ( )know your audience help your audience, make sure youtime your content have the right information to share. build trust, strengthens relationships.solve problemsbe true
48. contentstrategiesknow your voice good content doesn’t make promises ( )know your audience that it can’t keep. it’s human, honest,time your content has personality and point of view. it’s intrinsically social.solve problems that’s why it engages audiences.be true
49. the dark side of social mediadigital rights vs. distributionfacebook TOScopyright issuescreative commonsprivacy vs. communicationprivacy what?tone of communicationsocial media policyethics vs. spamtransparencyopt-in / no spamlisten, don’t shout
50. there isn’tsuch thing asTHE content
51. sometimes the key is not even content http://bit.ly/klm-surprise-socialmedia
52. grazie! massimo burgio global search interactive sempo board of directors globalsearchinteractive.net massimoburgio.com sempo.org