Remember: -If you’re using flickr photos, be sure they are CC licensed and include attribution. Flickr user name is okay, include URL to user’s profile page in the notes section -Feel Free to include an “instructor” slide that has your photo, your URL, etc. -You can format the rest of the slides however you want, you don’t need to put the logo in each one or use the orange text! Just use good taste.
1. Introduction Social Media and Nonprofits: Two-Day Intensive Workshop
2. We Are Media Project: The Social Media Starter Kit for Nonprofits Visit the WeAreMedia wiki for additional resources and to connect with other nonprofit social media practitioners via http://www.wearemedia.org Funded by the Surdna Foundation
4. Beth Kanter Holly Ross Nina Simon Rachel Weidinger Britt Bravo David Cohn John Kenyon JD Lasica Workshop Leaders
5. Working in a networked way to identify the best existing resources, people, and case studies that will give nonprofit organizations the knowledge and resources they need to use social media effectively. What is WeAreMedia?
6. You ate your own dog food? http://www.flickr.com/photos/77221056@N00/451918758/
7. Our Wiki – Home Base
8. Weekly Discussions on Blogs
9. And the community responded … <ul><li>122 people registered for the wiki </li></ul><ul><li>45 people signed up for expertise map and swarms </li></ul><ul><li>151 pages of content created </li></ul>
10. Content Contributors: Different Levels of Engagement
11. Process of working wikily
13. We Gave Away Schwag!
15. Using as a reference and remixing to teach others
16. WeAreMedia Live: Workshops
18. Learning Goals Learn to integrate social media into web communications plan Learn to design, implement, and evaluate social media projects Experience a variety of web tools that are essential in listening, participation, content creation, generating buzz, and community building tactical approaches
22. Share Pair <ul><li>What is your personal experience using social media? </li></ul><ul><li>How is your organization currently using social media? </li></ul><ul><li>What do you hope to learn from the workshop? </li></ul>
23. Laser Out http://www.flickr.com/photos/gi/1689138/