27. Advocacy</li></li></ul><li>WWP Formation<br />Problem Identification & Project Planning<br />Action <br />Water Source<br />Completed Project (Bathing Cubicle)<br />Happy Women <br />
28. Involved women said:<br /><ul><li>“In the beginning we were confused, but now we are very confident”
29. “We used to bath in alternate weeks, but now we bath every day with dignity and privacy”
30. “We will continue our platform and have already started a saving group”</li></li></ul><li>Successes and Challenges<br /><ul><li>Confidence
31. Management and judgment skills
32. Social acceptance
34. Non-traditional role of women
35. Long-term sustainability</li></li></ul><li>Role of Women in Society<br /><ul><li>Do women have a specific role in society?
36. How do women contribute to economic growth at different levels?
37. What are the public profiles of women?
38. Why do women usually run households?</li></li></ul><li>Gender Equals Sustainability<br />Women are normally users, managers and providers of water and sanitation services and hygiene improvements in their families and communities.<br />A WASH project is successful only when it is designed from a woman’s perspective, which leads to broader benefits for women.<br />
39. WASH and Mobility<br />no time = no mobility<br />limited participation in civil society<br />and in decision making process<br />women overcharged<br />with tasks in WASH<br />input related to women needs<br /> is not met<br />
40. Local Govt Role in WASH <br />National Min. of Rural Development Govt guidelines and policies<br />Province Prov. Departments <br />District District Integration Workshop<br />Commune Commune Councils<br />C. Development Plan<br />C. Investment Program<br />Village<br />
41. Advocating role of WWP <br />National Min. of Rural Development<br />Province Prov. Departments <br />District<br />Commune Commune Councils<br />Village<br /> WWPs influence<br />
42. WWP and advocacy<br /><ul><li>WWPs approach Commune Councils to promote WASH improvement
43. WWPs prioritise woman's perspectives
44. WWPs and Oxfam advocate for woman's WASH needs at the national level</li></li></ul><li>