How to: Write a Resume With Microsoft Word
1. Open Microsoft Word
2. Go to the File Menu at the top left.
3. Click “New.”
4. On the right side of the screen, a side bar will open that offers different types of
documents you can start with. Under “Templates,” click “On My Computer.”
5. A box will open in the middle of the screen. Click on the “Other Documents” tab.
6. Click on “Resume Wizard.”
7. Another (different) box will open in the middle of the screen.
a. Click “Next.”
b. Choose the style of resume you want to use. Click Next.
c. Choose the type of resume you want to use. Click Next.
d. Enter your information in the labeled boxes. You can use the Tab button
to go from box to box. Click Next.
e. Click the boxes to select the headings you want on your resume. Click
f. Click Finish.
8. Word will give you a resume with the information you entered, and the headings
you chose. You can edit the resume by clicking on any of the bracketed items so
that they are highlighted, then typing in your correct information.