1. CEC’s Earth Day Festival 2012 April 21 & 22 —Santa Barbara, CA IN KIND / MEDIA SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Community Environmental CouncilPhoto by Rob Hoffman Environmental Hero Award winner, Darryl Hannah, speaking to the crowd at Earth Day 2011
2. Become a SponsorEarth Day is the most important event of the year for any company ororganization wanting to showcase green programs and products, and connectwith the exploding population of green consumers. As seen across mainstreammedia and in the marketplace, sustainability e orts are no longer a luxury – theyare a requirement.Earth Day serves to remind people what is important in our own lives, as wellas our shared existence – our community, our state, our country, our planet. Inline with the Community Environmental Council’s Fossil Free by ’33 mission, thisannual festival draws on the inspiration of creating one of the rst fossil-fuel-freecommunities in the nation. Share with the world what your company has learned, what you’re doing now, and why. For decades, Earth Day has been the annual gathering of community to share information, celebrate the advances we have made in our collective e ort to protect the planet, and recharge for another year. Photo:s Mattia Balsamini “Green Star Co ee is always proud to sponsor the Community Environmental Council’s annual Earth Day celebration in Santa Barbara. Through participation in Earth Day festivities, we raise awareness about our sustainable co ee products while building relationships within our community.” – Kevin Donnelly, Co-Founder, Green Star Co ee
3. 2012 April 21 & 22Earth Day Highlights 90% of waste generated by the festival is Solar power array helps offset energy usageEnvironmental recycled or composted Marketing campaigns encourage biking, Highlights “Water monster” refill stations eliminates the use of 6,000 plastic water bottles walking, taking the bus, or carpooling to the festival Bike World Secure valet bike parking resulted in 1,000 bikes parked in 2011 Photo: Daniel Girard Free bicycle tuneups Photo: Daniel Girard Mini stage powered by bikesGreen Car Show Longest- running public Green Car Photo: Erin Feinblatt Exhibitors Show in the U.S. 250 exhibiting spaces Full city block Designated eco-marketplace Features the latest green vehicles designed for companies selling in the automotive industry environmental products 500 Ride and Drives in 2011 New and improved layout
4. 2012 April 21 & 22Earth Day Highlights Main Stage Noise Santa Barbara Photo: Steven Otero - 2011: Daryl Hannah, actress and activist - 2010: James Cameron, film director - 2009: Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors Harvest to Home bees Photo: David Pricco farming, composting and vermiculture Photo: Jenny Van SetersChildren’s Area Food & Drink Photo: Shad Giordano electricity wine garden (3,000 sq ft) throughout the festival
5. Earth Day Media ExposureDeadlines Friday, March 9 Friday, March 30 Friday, April 6 ** * * SB Independent** * Sponsors $2,500 and up ** Sponsors $5,000 and up Media & Marketing Highlights Santa Barbara Independent, week of event (circulation approx. 40,000) Photo: Jordan benShea that reaches: - 43,000 people on Twitter - 6,000 people via email
6. Sponsorship Levels$50,000 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Benefactor: Logo and name placement television spots, kiosks and poster Garden, Eco-Marketplace, Children’s Area, Bike World, Harvest to Home Photo: Daniel Girard newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) networking pages (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) Event benefits with creative assistance from our team to help design a unique festival experience for your customers Photo: Erin Feinblatt ** Sponsorship benefits are not transferrable.
7. $20,000 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Pillar: Logo and name placement guide, television spots, kiosks and poster Independent newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) Photo: Steven Otero (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) Event benefits 2010 Environmental Hero James Cameron, 2011 location Environmental Hero Darryl Hannah, & Past CEC Board President Charlie Eckberg$10,000 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Patron: “Arbor is proud to be a sponsor of the Santa Barbara Logo and name placement Earth Day Festival. It is an amazing experience to be centered around like-minded people and and poster work with organizations that are trying to make the environment the rst priority when dealing with their lives and their businesses. It is a fun 2-day event to be involved in, and our business saw thousands Independent newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) come through our booth to learn more about who we are and what our company does that makes us an eco-friendly manufacturer and business in the (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) community. I look forward to having Arbor back again as a sponsor for next year’s Earth Day Festival.” Event benefits – Andrew Jackson, owner of Arbor Santa Barbara ** Sponsorship benefits are not transferrable.
8. $5,000 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Sustainer: Logo and name placement Independent newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) Event benefits Note: tent not included Photo: Erin Feinblatt$2,500 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Booster: Logo and name placement newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) and kiosks “Not a weekend goes by in Santa Barbara Event benefits without a festival, parade, or event. Earth Day is special. It gave my small business tremendous Note: tent not included exposure to the people who count - locals. I received phone calls and walk in tra c for months afterward from clients who said they$1,000 in-kind Santa Barbara Earth Day Contributor: saw our booth at Earth Day.” Logo and name placement – Brian Sawicki, Owner, Key 2 Fitness newspapers week of the event (circulation approx. 40,000) and kiosks ** Sponsorship benefits are not transferrable.
9. “It’s inspiring to spend a weekend at Earth Day among people Community 26 West Anapamu St., 2nd Fl who, like us, want to help others work and play sustainably.” Environmental Santa Barbara, CA 93101 Council – Liz Werhane, Manager, Citrix Systems Inc.Earth Day 2011 SponsorsAlbertson’s DSR Audio KSPE Santa Barbara Botanic GardenAllen Associates Duo Catering KTMS Santa Barbara Chamber of CommerceAllied Waste Edhat KTYD Santa Barbara ChannelsBamboo DNA Edible Santa Barbara Lazy Acres Market Santa Barbara Computer RecyclingBank of America Fess Parker’s Doubletree Learningden Preschool Santa Barbara Convention and VisitorsBeard Tropics Nursery Fund for Santa Barbara Loa Tree BureauBest Buy Garden Street Academy/San Roque Lunch Box Yum Santa Barbara Independentboone graphics School MarBorg Industries Santa Barbara MTDBragg Live Food Products General Motors McGowan Guntermann Santa Barbara Middle School BikeBrownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Municipal Winery MonkeysBuilt Green Graham Chevrolet Network Hardware Resale Santa Barbara Out tters/PranaCalifornia Solar Electric Green Building America Nissan Savoir Faire CateringCar Free/APCD Harrison Design Associates Noozhawk The SavoyCASA Hayward Lumber Paci c Beverage SB ClickChannel Islands Restoration Hopedance Paci ca Graduate Institute SB FitnessChumash Foundation/Santa Ynez Isla Vista Bicycle Boutique PCBT SB Parent Band of Chumash Indians Island Seed and Feed Planet Solar SB ViewCitrix Systems Kathleen Kennedy Winery Plus One Events Simple ShoesCity of Santa Barbara KDB Primary Color StatesideClassic Party Rentals Key 2 Fitness SurfmediaClif Bar KIST-AM Ralphs Wells FargoClipper Windpower KIST-FM Raw Revolution Win Win Living.comCox Communications KJEE REC SolarDaily Sound KLITE Santa Barbara Bank & TrustDEEP Magazine KRUZ Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition Updated 11/10/11