1. Reconstruction PartnersWise Decisions + Right Actions
2. Who We AreRP3 group is a private investment partnership created by agroup of individuals with deep experience as founders, seniorexecutives, board members or investors. Our investmentpartnership is focused on profitable businesses, emergingbrands and troubled companies with strong growth potentialand revenues in the range of $5 to $100 million. Our structureallows us to take a flexible and strategic view toward valuecreation while continuing the legacy of your company.
3. What We DoDeal Flow & Investment OpportunitiesRP3 group seeks profitable businesses, emergingbrands and troubled companies with strong growthpotential to provide business owners and managerswith liquidity and an alternative to traditional exitoptions.
4. What We DoConsulting ServicesWe can provide Emerging Brands, TroubledCompanies, Franchisors, Private Equity Groups &Senior Lenders with critical initiatives essential forrealizing revenue growth. Whether assessingbusiness challenges and opportunities, designingsolutions
5. InvestmentsRP3 group seeks profitable businesses, emerging brands and troubledcompanies with strong growth potential to provide business owners andmanagers with liquidity and an alternative to traditional exit options.Often, company founders are looking to “cash out” or transition theirbusiness to the next generation of leadership who will work to increase thevalue of the company while maintaining customer and employee relations.Unlike traditional private equity firms or strategic acquirers, RP3 group‟smanaging partners are seeking to acquire companies which they willoperate full time after acquisition. Therefore, we will customize theacquisition to accommodate the goals of the seller to address importantissues associated with closely-held private companies.
6. Advantages & Industries Deal Flexibility Healthcare Experience Restaurant Personal Franchising Relationships Energy Time Entertainment
7. ConsultingWe can provide Emerging Brands, Troubled Companies, Franchisors, PrivateEquity Groups & Senior Lenders with critical initiatives essential for realizingrevenue growth. Whether assessing business challenges and opportunities,designing solutions, or leading teams through implementing complexprojects, we can get it done. Focused Business Strategy Leadership Change Development & Implementation Business Process design Interim-Turnaround Management PMO Design, Setup & Evaluation Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestiture Program Management Management Supply Chain Management Restructuring Refranchising Due Diligence JV Alignment Branding, marketing and concept Organizational Design Solutions Board, Private Equity, Owner and Customer Experience Optimization Management Relations Margin Optimization Project Viability & Opportunity assessment
8. Our Team Our team has 100+ years combined C-levelexperience within companies ranging in value from $25,000,000 to $2,000,000,000. Thecompanies are within multiple industries both public and private.
9. Steve LynnReconstruction Partners: Founder & Managing PartnerBack Yard Burgers, Inc. - Non-Executive ChairmanLynn led a group of investors in acquiring Back Yard Burgers at the end of 2007. BYBI operates and franchisesapproximately 180 restaurants throughout the south and Midwest. Since completing the acquisition the corporateheadquarters has been relocated to Nashville.Cummings Incorporated – Chairman and Majority StockholderAt over 60 years old, the company is the oldest national sign company in the USA, with customers including Chevron,Chrysler, KFC, Holiday Inn, Taco Bell, Church‟s, Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of America, Pizza Hut, Fleet Bank, CVS, LongJohn Silver‟s, and A&W and with Sales in the $65,000,000 range.Shoney’s, Inc. - Chairman and CEOIn April 1995, Lynn was named of Chairman and CEO. Shoney‟s was the owner and franchisor of more than 1,500Shoney‟s, Captain D‟s, Pargo‟s and Fifth Quarter Steakhouses.Sonic Corporation - Chairman and CEOLynn spent 12 years as Chairman and CEO. He built the top-notch management team, which transformed a strugglingcompany into the nation‟s largest chain of drive-in restaurants and the „number two‟ hamburger chair in the Southwest, withover $3 billion in system-wide sales. Lynn acquired the company in a leveraged buyout in 1986 and Sonic experiencedunprecedented same store sales growth with an average increase of eight percent per year over his tenure. A key factor inthe establishment of Sonic‟s success was an “ownership” culture where unit managers own part of their restaurants. Theleadership team that Lynn put together built Sonic from a Market Cap of $5 Million to over 2.3 Billion.International Franchise Association – Past Chairman and inducted into theIFA Hall of Fame
10. Wallace HiteReconstruction Partners, LLC –Co-Founder & CEOHite formed Reconstruction Partners with Steve Lynn and Lee Cohn to offer Strategy, Restructuring, Re-Franchising and InterimManagement Services to Chain Restaurant companies.Back Yard Burgers, Inc. – Chief Operating officer & Chief Reconstruction OfficerMr. Hite acted in an advisory role during the acquisition of Back Yard Burgers and provided strategic guidance on an interim basis as theChief Reconstruction Officer & Chief Operating Officer of Back Yard Burgers responsible for refranchising, International development &operations, mergers and acquisitions, operations, purchasing, marketing and restaurant benchmarkingStrategic Advisory Partners, LLC -Founder & CEOStrategic Advisory Partners acquired Weichmann-Hite Partners in June of 2005. The firm‟s primary focuses is working with emergingbrands in three related areas, Strategic Planning, Financial Advisory, and Mergers & Acquisitions. Since its inception, SAP hascompleted 20 transactions and opened three regional offices.Weichmann-Hite Partners - Co-Founder & Managing PartnerWeichmann-Hite Partners is a boutique M&A firm specializing in emerging brands within the restaurant & retail sectors. Our practiceextends into financial advisory and strategic planning which comprises a fair percentage of our business. Weichmann Hite completedover 57 transactions in three years.IMAG – President & Managing PartnerIMAG is a professional consulting firm with five offices across the United States specializing in franchise development both domesticallyand internationally.Al Homaizi International Management – Group Director of DevelopmentAl Homaizi is a management company with multiple franchise brand restaurants and retail operations throughout the Middle East. Thebrands included Brands include Applebee‟s, Popeye‟s, Wolfgang Puck Café‟s, Il Fornaio Bakeries, Marche Restaurants, Al Rifai andArby‟s.Sonic Corp. Executive Vice PresidentSonic Industries was the franchisor of Sonic Drive-In Restaurants. A partner in the LBO, a going private transaction and in the IPO
11. Lee CohnReconstruction Partners-Founder & Managing PartnerMr. Cohn is recognized as one of the leading experts in restaurant concept development, managementand operations in the United States. With over 35 years experience in the industry in a number ofexecutive roles with leading concepts, he is a critical component to our efforts in the restaurant sector. Hecurrently serves as a leading restaurant consultant and advisor, with recent projects including the sale ofMastro‟s Steak House Group, creating foodservice facilities for a leading casino in Louisiana and creatinga restaurant concept in Hong Kong. Mr. Cohn‟s credits include co-development of Ed Debevics with RichMelman of Lettuce Entertain You and consultation assignments in the US and Asia. He was awarded thefirst Entrepreneur of the Year Award from Arizona State University in 1984. Mr. Cohn began his career byco-founding Big 4 Restaurants, Inc. where he created Lunt Avenue Marble Club, Steamers, Oscar TaylorButcher, Baker & Bar, and Harvey‟s Neighborhood Bar & Grill and 10 other concepts.Mr. Cohn has served on the Board of Directors of Morton‟s Restaurant Group, Marie Callendar‟s,McCormick & Schmick‟s, and currently with Quaker Steak and Lube, Mastro‟s Steak House Group andReal Food Daily. Mr. Cohn has served on several community boards, including Valley Big Brothers andSisters, The Phoenix Thunderbirds, Boys Hope-Girls Hope, The Phoenix Ballet, The Fiesta Bowl andYoung President‟s Organization.
12. R. Wallace Hite C. Stephen Lynn Lee Cohn Founder & Managing Partner Founder & Managing Partner Founder & Managing Partner Reconstruction Partners, LLC Reconstruction Partners, LLC Reconstruction Partners, LLC 18 Annandale 18 Annandale 4340 E. Indian School Rd. #463 Nashville, TN 37215 Nashville, TN 37215 Phoenix, AZ 85018 Tel: 615.377.1120 Tel: 615.377.1120 Tel: 602.405.0353Wallace@reconstructionpartners.com Steve@reconstructionpartners.com Lee@reconstructionpartners.com Hunter Hayes Josh Lynn Associate Associate Reconstruction Partners, LLC Reconstruction Partners, LLC 2918 Royal Oaks Crest 18 Annandale Houston, TX 77082 Nashville, TN 37215 Tel: 760.622.2544 Tel: 615.377.1120 Hunter@reconstructionpartners.com Josh@reconstructionpartners.com