Student Directions for Creating VokisDocument Transcript
Voki ( http://www.voki.com ) is a free, versatile, online tool that lets
you create a talking character which you can easily embed in a Wiki.
The name Voki comes a combination of two words, Vox and Loki. “Vox”
means for voice in Latin and “Loki” is a prankster character in Norse
1. Go to the Voki Web Site,
2. Click the button.
3. Using the Customize Your Character palette....
1-Click on Head to select a look for your Voki
2-Click in a circle to view male, female or all possible looks
3-Use the scroll arrows to see the categories of Vokis
4-Click the Clothing tab to customize your Voki’s clothing
5-Click the Bling tab to add some accessories
4. Click the button
5. Give it a voice: Click the text button.
6. Select a background for your character.
1-Select one of Voki’s many backgrounds
2-Scroll through the topic categories
Click on a background to select it
Click on another to change background
3-Click on folder to upload a .jpg saved
on your hard drive
7. Click the button
8. To change the frame color of the Voki, click the button
9. To fine tune the appearance of your Voki, use this controller:
1- Change the color of the Voki’s mouth
eyes, skin and/or hair
2-Tweak the sizes and shapes of
10. When you’ve finished the design of your Voki, click the button.
11. Click No Thanks. Do Not Create an Account!
12. Name the Voki, and click Save
13. To embed the Voki on a Web page, use the Add to Your Site button to
1- select the size Voki you wish to embed
2-Get the embed code by selecting all of the text in the For Most Sites Use This Code
Click on the Embedding Vokis link on your class Wiki.