Vodafone developer - how can i sell my android app
How can I sell my
Vodafone, the Vodafone logo, and Vodafone 360 are trade marks of the
Vodafone Group. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be
the trade marks of their respective owners.
What does Vodafone 360 have to do with apps?
A cross-platform digital shop for all customers to
discover and buy your apps
*compatible handset required for web apps
I’m a developer and I have lots of apps
Publish to get hem included in the Vodafone Shop!
One Shop for all your mobile apps…except iPhone.
Tell me more about the Shop…
A cross-platform digital shop making it easy for
customers to discover & buy content
A personalised and simple shopping experience for all
A single instance backend enabling rapid expansion
to any market, handset or future content types
Discoverability & Distribution: We will get your
content seen and discovered.
Personalised recommendations: Your content will be
seen and discovered by the right customers
Reach: We will have a Shop client on Vodafone
handsets and a Shop portal on MyWeb (in the mobile
Visible placement: Our customers will find the Shop on
Operator billing: Making it easy for customers to BUY
Multiple Customer Touch Points: Ability to deep link a
merchandise across Shop and MyWeb (cross-sell and
Selling your Android app
– Android apps are published via our upload platform to appear in the Vodafone Shop
QA & approval
Max 10 days
• No, all purchases from the Shop will be made through Vodafone operator billing.
• Customers have their payments added to their monthly bill.
• This means a higher incentive to purchase and increased chances of sales for your app.
By Q1 2011, the Vodafone Shop will allow developers to use in-application and subscription billing
Do my customers have to pay via credit card?
Discover DownloadBuy (no credit card needed!) Use and Review
Where can I sell my app?
OK so how can I improve my chances of selling my app?
The Vodafone Shop puts relevant content in front of the right customer
to encourage greater discoverability of content and increase
More than just a list of similar contents, Vodafone
Shop integrates smart recommendations
throughout the Shop experience:
• Browsing by “Selected for You”
• Advanced filtering
• Post-purchase recommendations
Ratings & Reviews
AND the Vodafone 360 Shop was shortlisted for
Content Discovery & Personalization Award at the
And any other promotional opportunities?
Yes, we have targeted promotions at a global or local
level for your content
> The Premium Placement Programme gives your content
maximum visibility via promotional areas
> We can target your customers through different levels of
exposure and targeting
> You choose the package you want
> Email email@example.com for more info
On the mobile
On the Web
Yes, I have plenty of questions…
• How do I get paid?
– Direct into your bank account once a month
• Do I need a special Vodafone developer account manager to get started?
– No, it’s all self service via developer.vodafone.com!
• Can I sell anything I want?
– Afraid not. We do have some clearly defined content guidelines and they vary for
each market so check developer.vodafone.com for more info
• Can I make my app stand out from the rest?
– Yes! We also have User Experience guidelines on developer.vodafone.com to
show how to get the best from your app
• How can I test my app across multiple devices?
– With our FREE testing service from Perfecto Mobile.
– Access REAL devices from within your web browser to test your apps across a range
– https://vf.perfectomobile.com/widgets/ and
Thanks! Any more useful resources I should
Check out the following…
We’re always talking…
@mobilewidgets and @vodafonedev
Check out our blog on Vodafone developer
Our Flickr stream – pics from our developer events
Meet the team
We have a calendar on Vodafone