- Gillette using promotional offers for attracting the customer. (Shave & Save Plan)
- They also attracting government which ordered 3.5 million razors & 36 million blades.
- They create an environment of self shaving.
- They also using advertisement for recall the image in customers mind.
- They built power full brand image of Gillette.
- Gillette produced 12.5 million razors & 1.5 billion blades for US military.
- During the post world war 1 st
- Auto Strop Safety Razor company developed same size razor.
- They also developed a blade called Probak that could fit in both the companies razor.
- In 1930 both the company decided to merge.
- For boost their sales they cutting the price and sponsoring major football and baseball events.
- In 1936 Gillette introduced new product in the market:
- In 1940 Gillette introduced the range of lather shaving cream.
- In 1948 Gillette purchased Toni company .
- (A US manufacturer of home permanent kits for women)
- In 1955 Gillette bought Paper mate company in $15 million.
- In 1962 Gillette acquired sterilon corporation.
- These acquisition Gillette organized itself 5 operating divisions.
- The Gillette Safety Razor Company
- The Eastern Hemisphere Divisior
- Western Hemisphere Division
- In 1967 Gillette acquired Braun company, which manufactured electronic razors, Hair dryers, High fidelity speakers and cameras.
- In 1970s Gillette acquired La Giulla, a small Italian chewing gum and candy and several small house hold like – plant and potting.
- In 1971 Gillette acquired a 48% interest in ST Dupont company. (A manufacturer of luxury writing instruments and disposable lighters.
- In 1973 Gillette acquired Jafra, a cosmetic company.