Vyatka State University, Kirov
Material Science and
Technology of Materials
610000, Russia, Kirov, Moskovskaya str. 36,
off. 333, ph. +7 8332 640707,
The Department was founded in 1963
The department trains students, undergraduates and graduate students, participates in
specialists of industrial enterprises and other organizations retraining and advanced
• Undergraduate Education
• Graduate Education
• Post-graduate Education
• Advanced Training and Retraining
• The scientific direction of the department – research of metallic materials damping
capacity and new advanced alloys development
• More than 300 publications
1 Professor, 3 Associate Professors, 2 Senior lecturers, engineering and educational support
Academic Staff Training
Personnel policy is aimed on scientific and pedagogical
• post-graduate courses: postgraduate students are being prepared for scientific
specialty "Physical metallurgy and heat treatment of metals and alloys"
• three doctoral dissertations and 20 master's theses were defended.
• Theses topics:
• - Influence regularities on thermomagnetic treatment on damping, magnetic properties and
structure of the damping alloys of iron with the magnetomechanical damping
- Damping capacity of peritectoid aluminum bronzes
- Research and development of silicon-manganese bronzes with advanced features
- Effect of heat and thermomagnetic treatment on damping alloy Fe-Cr, Fe-Al properties and
- Damping capacity of bell bronze and its structure dependency
- Research and development of high damping manganese copper alloys manual arc welding
materials and technologies
Department scientific directions
Development of materials with desired functional,
physical and mechanical properties:
• high damping metal materials based on iron, zinc-
• damping materials manganese-copper;
• martensitic aging steels;
• acoustic alloys.
Department scientific directions
• At the Department and its research laboratory there are
different studies on research and development of new
materials with high damping properties of basic
processing technology, and studies of internal friction in
these materials. In the research laboratory original
methods of studying structure and properties of
materials were developed, e.g., internal friction in the
study samples of materials with different energy
dissipation mechanism with complex loading scheme. A
number of developed steels and alloys were tested and
introduced in the aviation, engineering and
• Defining mechanisms of thermal magnetic processing impact on damping, magnetic and magnetocrystalline
structure of soft magnetic iron alloys (Federal Agency for Education task, 2004-2008)
• Metallic materials with high damping (vibration absorbing) properties (2006-2008, RFFR grant)
• Basic technologies of alloys with high damping properties processing (2009-2010, RFFR grant)
• Determination of structural nanoscale elements influence on damping and mechanical properties of damping
iron, zinc, aluminum alloys (2009-2013, Federal Agency for Education task)
• Phase structure research of damping ability and mechanical properties of binary and multicomponent
systems based on copper
• Development of martensitic aging steels and manufacturing technologies of molds and forging dies
• Construction of special high damping alloys. Development of alloys with high damping on manganese copper-
based low-noise gears
• Research and development of manufacturing medical devices using alloys of zirconium - niobium
• Formation of high-tech nano-structured copper-based alloys (2012-2013, RFFR grant)
• Development of high-silicon-manganese bronze for explosion-proof instruments manufacture (2013 – 2014)
1. Lisovskiy V.А. Economically bronze bell with enhanced mechanical properties / Lisovskiy V.А., Lisovskaya О.B., Kochetkova L.P., Phevstov
Yu.К.// Metallurgy and metals heat treatment / №5, 2007, pp. 23-25.
2. Skvortsov, А.I. Structure and mechanical properties of system Zn-Al alloys after different types of treatment // Skvortsov А.I., Аgapov А.I.,
Кondratov V.М., Shishkin V.М., Efros B.М., Tyutenko V.S. // Deformation and metals fracture/ № 8, 2007 , pp.28-31.
3. Skvortsov А.А. Damping capacity of babbits produced by different methods. / А.А. Skvortsov, B.А. Potekhin, А.S. Khristolyubov, S.B.
Mikhaylov // Bulletin of the Izhevsk State Technical University №4(40), 2008, pp.33-35.
4. Skvortsov А.I. Internal friction in iron alloys due magnetomechanical damping, depending on the strain. / Skvortsov А.I., Коndratov V.М.//
«Physics and technology of high pressure» 2008, №4. pp. 152-154.
5. Lisovskiy V.А. Compositions and the damping capacity of bell bronze. / Lisovskiy V.А., Lisovskaya О.B., Zhuravel L.М., Phavstov Yu.К.//
Metal technology № 5 , 2010.- pp. 19-21.
6. Skvortsov А.I. Phase and structural transformations and damping properties of iron-chromium alloys. / Skvortsov А.I., Melchakov М.А. //
Materials Science №10, 2011, pp.6-10.
7. Skvortsov, А.I. Effect of heat and thermal magnetic treatment on the properties of high damping iron-aluminum alloys/ Skvortsov А.I.,
Melchakov М.А., Chudakov I.B. // Metal technology № 11, 2011, pp.28-32
8. Skvortsov A. I. Analysis of inelasticity in high-damping Zn – Al alloys, gray irons, and iron alloys with internal friction of a
magnetomechanical nature. // Metal Science and Heat Treatment: September 2012, Volume 54, Issue 5-6, pp. 249-252.
9. Skvortsov, А.I Damping capacity and structure of the alloy Fe-15, 4% chromium at various temperatures thermomagnetic treatment and
preliminary annealing. / Skvortsov А.I., Melchakov М.А// Deformation and metals fracture - 2012. - № 4.- pp.22-25.
10. Skvortsov А.I. Analysis of the inelasticity in high damping alloys, zinc-aluminum, gray iron and iron alloys with a magneto nature of the
internal friction// Metallurgy and metals heat treatment.- 2012.- № 5. -pp.42-47.
11. Lisovskiy V.А. Structure, mechanical and damping properties of high-silicon bronze. /Lisovskiy V.А., Lisovskaya О.B.// Deformation and
materials fracture- 2012.№ 6.- pp. 31-34.
Patents and Copyrights
1. Patent № 2265894 Russian Federation, MPK7 G 10 К 1/00, 2 265 894(17) С1;
Material for bells and percussion instruments sounding elements manufacturing.
Lisovskaya О.B., Lisovskiy V.А. Now supported
2. Patent № 2009114102, Bell foundry bronze. Lisovskiy V.А., Povyshev I., Pervakov
G.F. Now supported
3. Patent № 1717666, Steel. Skvortsov А.I., SyuzevS.А., Kondratov V.М., Potekhin
B.А., Khomenko О.А.
4. Patent № 1731861, Method for producing cast parts made of a zinc-aluminum
alloy, Skvortsov А.I., Olenev I.М., Prokhorov S.G.
5. Patent № 1747523, Zinc-based alloy. Skvortsov A.I., Оlenev I.М., Kondratov V.М.,
Prokhorov S.G., Umnyashkin .А.
6. Patent № 2001128, Method of ferritic steel heat treatment. Skvortsov А.I.
7. Patent № 2001158, Method of manufacturing products from zinc aluminum alloys.
Skvortsov А.I., Efros B.М.
8. Patent № 1260408, Steel. Skvortsov А.I., Kondratov V.М.
9. Certificate of authorship № 908857, Method of carbon steels hardening. Skvortsov
А.I., Kondratov V.М. etc.
• Damping alloys of iron, zinc – aluminum structure with
nanoscale development in 2010-2013
• Development of technology for the manufacture of medical
and biotechnological techniques using smart materials
• Studying of shape memory alloys meeting today's
requirements for construction materials on a range of physical
and mechanical properties and processing characteristics.
• Research and development of technologies for the
manufacture of medical and special techniques using smart
- the project aims to develop chemical composition of alloys for
medical products and biotechnology engineering, production
technologies and heat treatment. Conducted research and
development of shape memory alloys (SMA) meeting modern
requirements for construction materials on a range of physical,
mechanical and technological properties of alloys based on
zirconium, niobium - as promising materials for medical
• Creating of high-tech nano-structured copper-based alloys
- the project aims to create a high-tech
functional alloys of copper-silicon by obtaining
a nanocrystalline structure and the
optimization of the doping of the complex, as
well as the study of mechanical, physical and
chemical properties, in particular the damping
of nanostructured copper alloys. For project
realization using mechanical spectroscopy ,
optical and electron microscopy, X-ray
• High-tech nanostructured damping alloys development
- development of high-damping alloy based on aluminum-zinc system, and the
technology of heat treatment at the expense of nanocrystalline structures by
severe plastic deformation.
• Determination of the influence of structural elements on the nanoscale
mechanical damping and damping properties of alloys of iron, zinc-
- project aims to create models of nanostructure formation in damping alloys,
evolution of the magnetic domains boundaries on the nanoscale level in
damping iron alloys with magnetomechanical damping over mechanical
• Department developments are awarded with certificates and diplomas of scientific and
technological exhibitions at various levels
– iron alloys based on Fe–Cr–V with magnetic mechanical damping, having the highest damping
capacity of metallic materials;
– high damping iron alloys based on Fe–Cr–Al with magnetic mechanical damping;
– high damping iron alloys based on Fe–Co–Si with magnetic mechanical damping;
– high damping graphitized steel and methods of its treatment;
– way to improve the damping capacity of martensitic aging steel;
– way to improve the damping capacity of gray cast iron.
• The effect of noise reduction , vibration was obtained by the use of developed damping
alloys as a material for the following products:
– gears (in machine tools, wiper mechanism of the aircraft),
– electric mechanisms body parts,
– bell-shaped products,
– layered structures.
а) producing damping alloys:
– Ural Plant of Precision Alloys,
– Electric Machine Building Works “LEPSE”, Kirov,
– «Selmash», Kirov;
б) experimental-industrial test runs of developed damping alloys products and
– «Izhmash», Izhevsk,
– Electric Machine Building Works “LEPSE”, Kirov,
– «Selmash», Kirov,
– JSC «Elektroprivod», Kirov,
– Ural State Forest Engineering University.
в) research work:
– I. P. Bardin Central Research Institute of Iron and Steel Industry;
– Research Institute of Steel;
– Tula State University;
– Voronezh State Technical University;
– Ural Federal University (Ural State Technical University);
– Udmurt Institute of Applied Mechanics.
Lisovskaya О.B., Head of the Department, PhD
Skvortsov А.I., Professor, Doctor
Zaytsev D.G., Head of the laboratories
Tukmachyov М.V., Associate Professor, PhD
Lisovskiy V.А., Associate Professor, PhD
Plyusnin Е.S., Senior lecturer
Karpov А.А., Senior lecturer
Makarov А.А., engineer
Sabantsev А. I., engineer